Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Anarumo is looking for this offseason
(03-06-2021, 05:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder how often we'll see both Reader and Tupou out there as an ultimate run-stuffing IDL.

I was "missing" that Peko-MJ DL because Peko and MJ were not elite pass rushers. I didn't think I'd miss then because I wanted guys with better pass rush. I underestimated their value to stopping the run.

I imagine we will see them a lot but I'm not sure that is a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Tupou is starting 3T this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 02:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What Anarumo is looking for next offseason:  A new job.
This.

**** Anarumo and **** Zac Failure. 

Until we kick these losers to the curb, we'll be perennial bottom dwellers.
Reply/Quote
A good Defensive Line makes or breaks a defense. You can have a perfect scheme and great corners but if a team does not win in the trenches it doesn't matter.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:28 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yep!

As soon as he faces a defense that is sound and properly schemed (make him throw) he looks like crap. The Bills playoff game was not the first time by a long shot. And in that game even the Lamar Jackson sympathetic ANNOUNCERS noted his problems with touch passing. 

Titans also have his number with no pass rush.

Keep Lamar in the pocket, make him pass. It isn't brain surgery.

And our DC's haven't figured this out? Pathetic man.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 10:01 AM)Synric Wrote: A good Defensive Line makes or breaks a defense. You can have a perfect scheme and great corners but if a team does not win in the trenches it doesn't matter.

Spot on.

We have a great secondary honestly. Amazing how good they have been with such a terrible front.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 10:33 PM)J24 Wrote: I imagine we will see them a lot but I'm not sure that is a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Tupou is starting 3T this season.

I'd put Reader at 3T and Tupou at 1T if they were both out there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd put Reader at 3T and Tupou at 1T if they were both out there.

Yeah, Tupou is no 3-tech man.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd put Reader at 3T and Tupou at 1T if they were both out there.
Both are versatile big men so I could see Reader line up there.
(03-07-2021, 11:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Tupou is no 3-tech man.

He played some 3T in 2019 along with Defensive End in the 3-4 looks. I wouldn't want him to play a lot of 3T though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:25 AM)J24 Wrote: Both are versatile big men so I could see Reader line up there.

He played some 3T in 2019 along with Defensive End in the 3-4 looks. I wouldn't want him to play a lot of 3T though.

340 pound 3-tech is a little out of the ordinary. Tupou is a run stopping Nose Tackle.

Reader can play 3-tech though, he can rush the passer a bit.

We need to get another 3-tech in here and cut Geno.
Reply/Quote