Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers.
The picks will probably always be fairly high as he isn't the most gifted thrower. What he needs though is more TDs and that will come again with Marvin Jones and Eifert back.

With teams worrying about Hill and Gio, Dalton has no excuse this year if the receiving corps stays healthy.

Reply/Quote
I believe the biggest thing "they" have to do is get out of his head. Don't start this year off with ok Andy this season we're going to mold you into blah, blah, blah type of QB. NO !

Instead hand Andy the pigskin and say go play ball, shut up and watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 07:24 PM)McC Wrote: I've always thought the QB should call his own plays.  He's out there in it, not over there watching it.  He has a better feel for the flow of the game.  Is he your leader or not, you know?  The more faith the coaches put in the QB, the more he has in himself, the more the team has in him.  Nobody knows how to get a QB into a rhythm like the QB.

Most definately, and it is not like Dalton is stupid or anything.

He is a smart dude, let him use that asset.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe the biggest thing "they" have to do is get out of his head. Don't start this year off with ok Andy this season we're going to mold you into blah, blah, blah type of QB. NO !

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe the biggest thing "they" have to do is get out of his head. Don't start this year off with ok Andy this season we're going to mold you into blah, blah, blah type of QB. NO !

I'm all about complaining about this team's coaches, but now we are saying their involvement is outright ruining Dalton?  Oh Hue! 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm all about complaining about this team's coaches, but now we are saying their involvement is outright ruining Dalton?  Oh Hue! 

Trying to mold him to be this or that backfired from what i saw last year.

Don't know about you.
Reply/Quote
How about we wait and see. He was playing very well last year, and while there was a play tailoff it coincided with the mounting injuries across the offense. Let's see what happens if and when we have more of a full cast on offense?
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 12:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trying to mold him to be this or that backfired from what i saw last year.

Don't know about you.

What did Hue Jackson try to turn him into, and what is the answer?  Hey, I'm the new OC but I'm just going to let you do whatever you feel is best because you threw a lot of TDs for that guy who is in DC now!  Seriously, I'm not trying to be an arse here, but I'm not sure what the answer is.  Just getting out of Andy's way doesn't seem too realistic of an answer in my mind.

The last offense I saw Hue run before he got here was mostly a vertical passing one (wasn't it?) and it seems like this year the Bengals are going to lean on Hill/Gio more, so I'm not sure what is up.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What did Hue Jackson try to turn him into, and what is the answer?  Hey, I'm the new OC but I'm just going to let you do whatever you feel is best because you threw a lot of TDs for that guy who is in DC now!  Seriously, I'm not trying to be an arse here, but I'm not sure what the answer is.  Just getting out of Andy's way doesn't seem too realistic of an answer in my mind.

The last offense I saw Hue run before he got here was mostly a vertical passing one (wasn't it?) and it seems like this year the Bengals are going to lean on Hill/Gio more, so I'm not sure what is up.

I get what you are saying it just seemed like the one thing Hue told Andy not to do he did...

Just don't throw interceptions Andy...

And he had his worst year. I honestly think Hue has been making him think too much. Dalton is a rhythm QB
and he needs to have fun out there a bit too. It seemed that Hue was trying to mold him into a game manager
and that doesn't seem to be what Andy is. He is more of a gunslinger, let him be. Just make smart choices.

I go back to McC's post, if the coaches showed some faith in Andy like they did the first 3 years, he would 
have the confidence in himself and the team would have faith in Andy especially if he starts playing up to his
potential. He has had great games in the NFL, it is not like he hasn't shown that he can be a very good QB. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I get what you are saying it just seemed like the one thing Hue told Andy not to do he did...

Just don't throw interceptions Andy...

And he had his worst year. I honestly think Hue has been making him think too much. Dalton is a rhythm QB
and he needs to have fun out there a bit too. It seemed that Hue was trying to mold him into a game manager
and that doesn't seem to be what Andy is. He is more of a gunslinger, let him be. Just make smart choices.

I go back to McC's post, if the coaches showed some faith in Andy like they did the first 3 years, he would 
have the confidence in himself and the team would have faith in Andy especially if he starts playing up to his
potential. He has had great games in the NFL, it is not like he hasn't shown that he can be a very good QB. 

Lest we forget that this worst year also coincided with the WR and TE positions being racked by injuries. I don't think Hue had a real chance to get his system running as he lost the players he needed to do it. Really with the issues on both offense and defense it is amazing we won 10 games. 
Reply/Quote
Two things that will help out Andy the most.#1 The running back duo of Hill & Bernard and #2 a healthy Marvin Jones & Tyler Eifert. Defensea are going to have a difficult time stopping this offense next season if the offense can stay healthy next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 12:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: How about we wait and see. He was playing very well last year, and while there was a play tailoff it coincided with the mounting injuries across the offense. Let's see what happens if and when we have more of a full cast on offense?

This is very true, easy to forget that he started the season well and sharp. It's always the last memories of the season that define it and obviously they weren't ideal. I know it was barely minutes, but when we started the season with Eifert the offense looked dangerous. Expecting big things from him and some of the new TEs.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm all about complaining about this team's coaches, but now we are saying their involvement is outright ruining Dalton?  Oh Hue! 

It's not about the coaches not coaching Nately. Coaching 3 step drop, going through progressions, and on and on great !

It's about not getting into his head about "we want you to be this type of QB" Ok Andy go out there and run around all over the field for 15 seconds we want to make you Pig Ben Rapistburger -the unscripted plays season.

Ok Andy whatever you do don't throw ANY Int's, all you have to do is be the game manager. Don't try to do to much, you don't have to make that throw, blah, blah. We're going to make you into this.

Shut up with all that we're going to make you into this or that. Instead watch what the man can do, and learn to utilize what he does well and incorporate it into our game plans/plays and personnel packages we use for what plays.

I've always believed this has been one of Bengal coaching biggest downfalls. Trying to mold players into their vision instead of learning what they've got and using it.

See the NE head coach
Reply/Quote
Andy needs to run the ball a little more to make plays. He throws away the ball too soon. I know that's what the coaches have said to do, but we need a little more swagger. Nothing fires up the offense more than your QB diving for the first down every now and again. Seriously. A QB showing some passion.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 11:03 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Andy needs to run the ball a little more to make plays.  He throws away the ball too soon.  I know that's what the coaches have said to do, but we need a little more swagger.  Nothing fires up the offense more than your QB diving for the first down every now and again.  Seriously.  A QB showing some passion.

Agree,

Andy needs more swagger no doubt. They and he have to figure out how to restore his confidence. You could see it eroding away as the season wore on last year. That's why I'm saying quit trying to mold him into this or that and capitalize on what he does well.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 11:03 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Andy needs to run the ball a little more to make plays.  He throws away the ball too soon.  I know that's what the coaches have said to do, but we need a little more swagger.  Nothing fires up the offense more than your QB diving for the first down every now and again.  Seriously.  A QB showing some passion.

Yeah passion! Swagger! Fire and a spark!

[Image: DaltonFumble2.gif]

... Shit
Reply/Quote
Maybe have an effective ground game to help Dalton with his passing? I mean, instead of playing straight-up run or straight-up pass, why not add deception to it? Or is it too complicated for the coaching staff to dream up?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 01:46 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yeah passion! Swagger! Fire and a spark!

[Image: DaltonFumble2.gif]

... Shit

As much as that play will live in infamy, you gotta give him credit.
He is a tough guy and has a will to win that sometimes outshines his physical abilities.

Andy Dalton is not afraid to put his body on the line to make a play
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 04:51 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: As much as that play will live in infamy, you gotta give him credit.
He is a tough guy and has a will to win that sometimes outshines his physical abilities.

Andy Dalton is not afraid to put his body on the line to make a play

I don't doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 01:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Maybe have an effective ground game to help Dalton with his passing? I mean, instead of playing straight-up run or straight-up pass, why not add deception to it? Or is it too complicated for the coaching staff to dream up?

We haven't had a year yet where we had good receivers and a good run game at the same time. Next year as long as we stay healthy we have both.
Reply/Quote