Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers.
(06-19-2015, 10:57 AM)Leather Face Wrote: My Two cents worth of nothing....

There are those who PLAY quarterback.

There are the few who ARE quarterbacks.

Which one is Dalton?  Which one is McCarron?

...hmmmmmmm, I have 3 cents left. I'll save 'em.

This post makes no sense. 

There's no difference between "playing" a QB and "being" a QB unless you're either an actor playiing a QB in a movie or you're just playing some backyard football.

Also, if you gave your 2 cents, how do you have 3 cents left?

Like I said, your post makes no sense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 11:07 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This post makes no sense. 

There's no difference between "playing" a QB and "being" a QB unless you're either an actor playiing a QB in a movie or you're just playing some backyard football.

Also, if you gave your 2 cents, how do you have 3 cents left?

Like I said, your post makes no sense.

Do not blame me for your being on a level of understanding that may be insufficient, such that you can not comprehend thoughts, ideas, proclamations, and convictions, unless it is simplified and fed to you with a lil' spoon. Step back in line.

It is similar to a musician, of whom professes that there is a difference in playing the trumpet, and "Pulaying!" the trumpet. You may know how to read, and have great ambature, but it doesn't necessarily make you a true and thorough trumpeter. Only those of whom have insight and/or experience on that which is the context, have the ability to digest such a comment.

In my opinion, Andy is one who struggles to be..., whereas Mccarron ... is.

Further, if you have a nickel, and you give two cents .. then, .. (pay attention, this gets tricky) ... ahhhh, 5 minus 2 equals ... ummm um ummmmmuh ... 3 cents)

Now... be gone. Do not disturb me....
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 11:07 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This post makes no sense. 

Neither does the fact that he has the name Leatherface but his avatar is a 70's horror movie icon that is NOT Leatherface.  Perhaps irony of some sort is involved.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Leather Face Wrote: Do not blame me for your being on a level of understanding that may be insufficient, such that you can not comprehend thoughts, ideas, proclamations, and convictions, unless it is simplified and fed to you with a lil' spoon. Step back in line.

It is similar to a musician, of whom professes that there is a difference in playing the trumpet, and "Pulaying!" the trumpet. You may know how to read, and have great ambature, but it doesn't necessarily make you a true and thorough trumpeter. Only those of whom have insight and/or experience on that which is the context, have the ability to digest such a comment.

Further, if you have a nickel, and you give two cents .. then, .. (pay attention, this gets tricky) ... ahhhh,  5 minus 2 equals ... ummm um ummmmmuh ... 3 cents)

The saying is "My two cents" not my nickel.  There is nothing lost in the translation there... just a good old fashion incorrect use of a saying.

As for reading your long winded defensive response to being called out on misusing a popular phrase.
Really??...calling out the guy who corrected you as being unintelligent because he did not possibly understand your logic or your measure of believing the variant to be the correct
usage of the saying?

Calm down Stephen Hawking.
Stay in the shallow end.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 01:00 PM)GodFather Wrote: God I can't wait to see the flood of Dalton enthusiast, responding to this post with the classic:

[Image: dkzu2ap.jpg]

Thank you!

Please add a third line which says, "Dalton has no weapons", which is the biggest of the lies we are paraded with. One playoff game with injuries has turned into the whole reason Andy's never been all that good.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 10:51 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Andy Dalton is actually a very good QB.

He just needs more experience, better RBs, better TEs, better WRs, a better O-line, a better defense, a better QB coach, a better OC, a better HC, a better owner, a dome constructed to keep out of the elements, and to not get so unlucky when he throws the ball.

Most QBs in the league all have the absolute best surrounding them so that's why those guys can put up 90+ passer ratings. It's not because they're actually good. Some of you noobs need to learn the game and get some football knowledge. Bunch of nonobjective boobs.

LMAO!

And don't forget to mention that the other QBs in the league aren't forced to play the Browns on Thursday night. I mean, who could win in those conditions? Particularly at home. That 1.96 rating was just plain unfair.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 08:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It doesn't matter if you think it's an excuse or not. Even Tom Brady doesn't preform well without talent around him, and that has already been proven. Dalton isn't Brady, so obviously he's going to need some weapons. He can't carry the team by himself.

Tom Brady took the likes of David Patten, Deion Branch, and Troy Brown, and won a Super Bowl with them. The Pats had among the most underwhelming receiving corps the first two Super Bowls they won. A bunch of WR 3's, and they used Mike Vrabel at TE near the goal line. And Brady still lit it up. Leave Tom Brady out of your argument, he does you no favors.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Funny how the same people who claim the supporting cast does not matter were the same ones saying that the only reason dalton was so good in '13 was because he had the best receivers in the league.

Good QBs need good receivers. Favre wanted out of Green Bay because they would not re-sign his top receivers. In 2013 Brady was a below average QB when Gronk was out with injury.

People who don't understand how a QB needs receivers just does not understand how the NFL works.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 05:25 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Tom Brady took the likes of David Patten, Deion Branch, and Troy Brown, and won a Super Bowl with them.  The Pats had among the most underwhelming receiving corps the first two Super Bowls they won.  A bunch of WR 3's, and they used Mike Vrabel at TE near the goal line.  And Brady still lit it up.  Leave Tom Brady out of your argument, he does you no favors.

Hahaha stop trying to trick people. Troy Brown was a All-Pro receiver in 2001, and David Patten was a solid #2. Not to mention in their first SB when "Brady still lit it up" he was 16/27 for 145 yards and 1 TD. Also their defense won them that game getting a 2 picks one of which a pick 6.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 05:25 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Tom Brady took the likes of David Patten, Deion Branch, and Troy Brown, and won a Super Bowl with them.  The Pats had among the most underwhelming receiving corps the first two Super Bowls they won.  A bunch of WR 3's, and they used Mike Vrabel at TE near the goal line.  And Brady still lit it up.  Leave Tom Brady out of your argument, he does you no favors.

Sorry but last year the argument was sound.

Without Gronk the Patriots looked and played very pedestrian.

The offense goes through him.

Brady hardly "lit it up" his first three superbowls.
But his team was solid with great defense and a great running game.
Which even in this day and age is the sound approach to championships.

People always want to make it about the QB carrying the team.
If it was just about elite QBs then the superbowl would be won by the same 3 guys every year and its not.

I honestly cant hate on 2014 Dalton and the Bengals because the injuries were of train wreck magnitude and they still clawed their way into the playoffs.

But the same rhetoric will go back and forth until we get a different January outcome.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 01:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Thank you!

Please add a third line which says, "Dalton has no weapons", which is the biggest of the lies we are paraded with. One playoff game with injuries has turned into the whole reason Andy's never been all that good.

How is it a lie? Other than 2013 what amazing receivers did he have? Brandon Tate, Armon Binns, Jerome Simpson, Greg Little, Andre Caldwell? Green has been Dalton's only receiver worth a damn. If that's not true just tell me who was such an amazing receiver Dalton has had.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Leather Face Wrote: Do not blame me for your being on a level of understanding that may be insufficient, such that you can not comprehend thoughts, ideas, proclamations, and convictions, unless it is simplified and fed to you with a lil' spoon. Step back in line.

In point of fact, it is incumbent on the author to make sure his or her writings are clearly understood by his or her readers. Only an incompetent writer blames the reader for not understanding his or her work.

(06-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Leather Face Wrote: It is similar to a musician, of whom professes that there is a difference in playing the trumpet, and "Pulaying!" the trumpet. You may know how to read, and have great ambature, but it doesn't necessarily make you a true and thorough trumpeter. Only those of whom have insight and/or experience on that which is the context, have the ability to digest such a comment.

First off, i am a musician. i can sing, play most brass instruments and the piano.

Secondly, It's 'embouchure'. Don't question someone's intelligence and then proceed to misspell words.

Lastly, your analogy still fails. I can play the trumpet but i don't call myself a trumpeter because i don't play professionally. If i did, i would refer to myself as a trumpeter even though I'm not that great a trumpeter (mainly cause i mainly play tuba and my embouchure makes my trumpet sound amateurish).

(06-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Leather Face Wrote: In my opinion, Andy is one who struggles to be..., whereas Mccarron ... is.

Yeah, cause that explains why Dalton set franchise records and McCarron was drafted in the 5th round and can't surpass the "struggling" Dalton.

(06-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Leather Face Wrote: Further, if you have a nickel, and you give two cents .. then, .. (pay attention, this gets tricky) ... ahhhh,  5 minus 2 equals ... ummm um ummmmmuh ... 3 cents)

You never mentioned a nickel. Like i said, it's the writer's responsibility to be clear. You weren't. Don't blame me for your poor writing skills.

(06-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Leather Face Wrote: Now... be gone. Do not disturb me....

Make me, Michael Myers. Tongue
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on the average time hes holding onto the ball...  There isnt much progression to go thru

Gotta like that he knows and owns up to his issue...   which is the first step to fixing it.

Trying to make plays when that arent there...  Gets a lot of Qbs in trouble.

Exactly........I could point out a QB that has had a game where he threw 6 INTs (yes a single game) and has had seasons where he has more than one game where he has thrown 4 INTs.

If this team (not just Andy) can get over the playoff hump then many of these discussions are not even going to take place.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 10:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is it a lie? Other than 2013 what amazing receivers did he have? Brandon Tate, Armon Binns, Jerome Simpson, Greg Little, Andre Caldwell? Green has been Dalton's only receiver worth a damn. If that's not true just tell me who was such an amazing receiver Dalton has had.

Ummmm... you were just saying that David Patten was a solid #2 for Brady in '01 and now you're bagging on Jerome Simpson. Go look at Simpson's numbers in 2011 and Patten's numbers in 2001 and marvel how similar they are. 

Then, readjust your stance.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yadda yadda yadda...First off, i am a musician. i can sing, play most brass instruments and  the piano...words words words... 

...stuff stuff stuff...

...things things things...

Make me, Michael Myers. Tongue

Phil. Why did you leave out your prodigious skill on the skin flute?  Tongue

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 01:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ummmm... you were just saying that David Patten was a solid #2 for Brady in '01 and now you're bagging on Jerome Simpson. Go look at Simpson's numbers in 2011 and Patten's numbers in 2001 and marvel how similar they are. 

Then, readjust your stance.

Patten had about the same stats as Simpson while only starting in 14 games. Patten had multiple seasons where he had over 800 yards and 5 TDs (7 TDs was his career high). Simpson is a career backup who has only 8 total TDs and 2000 yards in his 7 year career (4 TDs was his career high). Simpson has only had 2 seasons where he has had 700 or more yards (out of 7 seasons).

Oh and isn't your stance that WR's had a much easier time back then? Or at least that's what you like to say when people like to compare Dalton to Manning and Marino.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 01:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Patten had about the same stats as Simpson while only starting in 14 games. Patten had multiple seasons where he had over 800 yards and 5 TDs (7 TDs was his career high). Simpson is a career backup who has only 8 total TDs and 2000 yards in his 7 year career (4 TDs was his career high). Simpson has only had 2 seasons where he has had 700 or more yards (out of 7 seasons).

Oh and isn't your stance that WR's had a much easier time back then? Or at least that's what you like to say when people like to compare Dalton to Manning and Marino.

What does history matter when we're comparing #2 wide receivers in a particular year? You pointed out how well he did in '01 and then you turned around and asked what Dalton had; which just so happens to be a WR with almost the exact same numbers, in one of the years you questioned. 

You can keep typing walls of words, but it won't erase you propping up one #2 WR while degrading another #2 WR with the same numbers. 

Candles aren't meant to be burned on both ends. Readjust your stance, homie.

You must be confusing me with someone else with that last line of your post. I've never said anything like that.

P.S. Patten and Simpson each have the same line... 16G 14GS

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 03:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What does history matter when we're comparing #2 wide receivers in a particular year? You pointed out how well he did in '01 and then you turned around and asked what Dalton had; which just so happens to be a WR with almost the exact same numbers, in one of the years you questioned. 

You can keep typing walls of words, but it won't erase you propping up one #2 WR while degrading another #2 WR with the same numbers. 

Candles aren't meant to be burned on both ends. Readjust your stance, homie.

You must be confusing me with someone else with that last line of your post. I've never said anything like that.

P.S. Patten and Simpson each have the same line... 16G  14GS

The fact of the matter is Brady still had much better weapons than Dalton in 2011. Brady had an All-pro receiver that year, Dalton did not. Brady had a good run game that year, Dalton did not. Yeah Brady and Dalton's #2 receiver posted the same stats, but that was Simpson's career best, but it wasn't Pattens career best. Overall Pattens was better than Simpson. All you're doing is clinging on to a #2 receiver and saying, See! Dalton hasn't had it that bad!
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 04:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The fact of the matter is Brady still had much better weapons than Dalton in 2011. Brady had an All-pro receiver that year, Dalton did not. Brady had a good run game that year, Dalton did not. Yeah Brady and Dalton's #2 receiver posted the same stats, but that was Simpson's career best, but it wasn't Pattens career best. Overall Pattens was better than Simpson. All you're doing is clinging on to a #2 receiver and saying, See! Dalton hasn't had it that bad!

So you're just going to keep typing words instead of realizing/admitting that you propped up Patten to support Brady while downgrading Simpson to support Dalton, when they had almost identical numbers?

Nothing left to discuss here. You're just looking for excuses to support the hypocrisy.

Reply/Quote

Further, if you have a nickel, and you give two cents .. then, .. (pay attention, this gets tricky) ... ahhhh,  5 minus 2 equals ... ummm um ummmmmuh ... 3 cents)

Just so you know, this is Leather Face....

[Image: leatherface_and_grandpa.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote