Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Are Burrow's MVP Chances?
If you’re going to put Tua up for MVP over Tyreek you might as well just make it a QB award. It’s very clear who drives that offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you’re going to put Tua up for MVP over Tyreek you might as well just make it a QB award. It’s very clear who drives that offense.

Never in the history of the NFL had a wide receiver won the MVP award. That said, I agree with you. Even when Calvin broke the single season record, it came down to Adrian Peterson (which wasn’t a bad choice) and Peyton manning.

Peyton Manning had a passer rating of 105.8 with 4,659 yards, 37 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 16 games in 2012.

Calvin wasnt even in consideration.
Reply/Quote
Hurts and Lamar will need to have a few bad games and losses. Joe needs to win most his remaining games, bare minimum stats of what he's been doing during the 4 game streak, plus a few monster games to have a shot. But I don't think he cares about MVP nor do I if they just get to the playoffs and win it all.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s a big gap.

It really depends on how people look at it. When Burrow wasn’t healthy- they literally had the worst offense in the NFL and were blown out in 2 games.

When he is healthy, they have one of the most potent offenses. It’ll be tough, but if he finishes the year like he’s playing now, he’ll have some votes. It may not be enough, but only time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: There is a lot of football left to play

Very much this!  ^^^
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Never in the history of the NFL had a wide receiver won the MVP award.  That said, I agree with you.  Even when Calvin broke the single season record, it came down to Adrian Peterson (which wasn’t a bad choice) and Peyton manning.

Peyton Manning had a passer rating of 105.8 with 4,659 yards, 37 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 16 games in 2012.

Calvin wasnt even in consideration.

Generally need to be at least on a winning/playoff team to be in consideration. Lions were 4-12 that year and while W-L is largely considered a Coach/QB stat, if the Lions were 9-7 that year, he might have won it. 1,200 of his nearly 2k yards came in the final 8 weeks where the Lions lost them all. He also only had 5 TDs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Would rather Joe win the SB MVP award

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
About the only chance he has is to win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, the Mahomy hype is too much to overcome.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: About the only chance he has is to win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, the Mahomy hype is too much to overcome.

NFL MVP is voted on at the end of the regular season so a Super Bowl win would not be a factor. Of course as Go Cards mentioned a Super Bowl MVP would be a possibility with a Bengals win.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: About the only chance he has is to win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, the Mahomy hype is too much to overcome.

Normally, I'd agree, but I feel like Burrow is coming out as a no-name hero and, with Mahomes and the Chiefs struggling, I don't think he's the favorite right now.

I think Hurts and Jackson are more likely to win it over him, which is very possible because of his slow start, but then he could also stay hotter than they were at the start and make up for his early season struggles, which were due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 03:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Normally, I'd agree, but I feel like Burrow is coming out as a no-name hero and, with Mahomes and the Chiefs struggling, I don't think he's the favorite right now.

I think Hurts and Jackson are more likely to win it over him, which is very possible because of his slow start, but then he could also stay hotter than they were at the start and make up for his early season struggles, which were due to injury.

Mahomes is still the betting favorite as of right now. Here is the source. List below.

1. Mahomes +240
  2. Hurts +320
  3. Lamar +500
  4. Tua +650
  5. Burrow +900
  6. Allen +1400
  7. Lawrence +1900
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 06:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Currently, Burrow's ranked 6th for MVP voting and I think that's because of such a slow start, but will the voters take into consideration that Burrow was injured at the start and has been destroying the league since then?

What will it take for Burrow to win?

Do we need to win out?

Do we need to just make the playoffs?

Does Burrow need to have an amazing rest of the year?

Does he have any realistic chance? What needs to happen?

If he continues like the last 2 weeks he will win it. Lamar is his biggest competition. Beating Lamar the following Thursday could be key.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

It's not "hype". He's the Most Valuable Player in the NFL. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 07:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mahomes is still the betting favorite as of right now. Here is the source. List below.

1. Mahomes +240
  2. Hurts +320
  3. Lamar +500
  4. Tua +650
  5. Burrow +900
  6. Allen +1400
  7. Lawrence +1900

Blows my mind that he can throw 9 TDs and under 220 yards per game in 9 games and be 3rd in odds. Lol

Imagine a QB MVP with 17 passing TDs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 08:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Blows my mind that he can throw 9 TDs and under 220 yards per game in 9 games and be 3rd in odds. Lol

Imagine a QB MVP with 17 passing TDs.

Really? That's what surprises you?

The face of their franchise murdered two guys and no one cares, but MVP voting set you over the top?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
So Myles Garrett was on with Kay Adams this morning and he said he’d take Burrow over Lamar. That should go over well with the purple people. :D

Reply/Quote
He needs to win the Superbowl
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 10:47 AM)M.W. Wrote: He needs to win the Superbowl

Again, this is voted on before the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
He’s done because of the 1st six games

But no QB is playing better than him right now and i can’t see anyone finishing better
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think if he continues to play like he has the last few weeks and the Bengals win all their remaining games, he's a shoe in for MVP unless Mahommes or Lamar goes on an absolute tear.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote