Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Are Burrow's MVP Chances?
(11-06-2023, 06:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not great I would say.  You just can't have so many bad games no matter what the reason is.

Lots of football to play still, he keeps playing like he has the last couple games and Burrow certainly has a shot at MVP.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 12:07 PM)Housh Wrote: He’s done because of the 1st six games

But no QB is playing better than him right now and i can’t see anyone finishing better

Disagree.

If the Bengals finish 14-3, do you really think it will matter how he played in the first 6 games?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 02:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think if he continues to play like he has the last few weeks and the Bengals win all their remaining games, he's a shoe in for MVP unless Mahommes or Lamar goes on an absolute tear.

That's what I'm saying and people keep saying that he won't win because of his first games, but, if we win all the remaining games or win the division without winning out, there's no question that he's the most valuable player to a team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Disagree.

If the Bengals finish 14-3, do you really think it will matter how he played in the first 6 games?

That's what I'm saying! 

Even if we win the division without winning out, it's clear that he's the MVP of the league and people will be seeing his recent play and won't be thinking "he's amazing but he struggled the first few games."

Any voters that have enough knowledge to know he struggled in the first few games will also know that he was injured.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Disagree.

When it comes to the MVP race, its 10000% more important to finish strong than to start strong. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I'm saying! 

Even if we win the division without winning out, it's clear that he's the MVP of the league and people will be seeing his recent play and won't be thinking "he's amazing but he struggled the first few games."

Any voters that have enough knowledge to know he struggled in the first few games will also know that he was injured.

Allow me to help you, Brad.

In 2019, Lamar Jackson was the MVP of the NFL by UNANIMOUS vote. In games 3-7, he posted a QB rating over 85 one time (96.1 in game 4) and under 71 QB rating 3 times. In one of those games he only completed 45% of his passes.  Oh, but he rushed the ball alot! In only 2 of those games did he rush for over 70 yards (he did rush for 156 yards in 1 of these games). To be fair, the Ravens only lost 2 of these games.

However, from game 8 to game 15, Lamar only posted a QB rating below 100 one time (he didn't play in game 16), threw 3 or more TDs in all but 2 games (in those 2 still threw 1 TD in each game), threw only 1 INT in that entire span, and proceeded to win each and everyone of those games.

I reiterate, if Burrow plays like he has the last 4 games while also winning every single game, he's a shoe in for MVP.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Allow me to help you, Brad.

In 2019, Lamar Jackson was the MVP of the NFL by UNANIMOUS vote. In games 3-7, he posted a QB rating over 85 one time (96.1 in game 4) and under 71 QB rating 3 times. In one of those games he only completed 45% of his passes.  Oh, but he rushed the ball alot! In only 2 of those games did he rush for over 70 yards (he did rush for 156 yards in 1 of these games). To be fair, the Ravens only lost 2 of these games.

However, from game 8 to game 15, Lamar only posted a QB rating below 100 one time (he didn't play in game 16), threw 3 or more TDs in all but 2 games (in those 2 still threw 1 TD in each game), threw only 1 INT in that entire span, and proceeded to win each and everyone of those games.

I reiterate, if Burrow plays like he has the last 4 games while also winning every single game, he's a shoe in for MVP.

I just hope that I didn't lose the betting receipt for him to win MVP!

I want to try to go downtown to place a parlay of $200 for us to win the ship and Burrow to win MVP because it pays out over 19 grand!

That was prior to the last win, but it can't be much different!

Edit: it's saying bets can't be combined, which I don't understand because MVP is a regular season award.
Reply/Quote
Looking at it after seeing some responses it does make a little sense that him hurt going 3-3 and then turning around and beasting the rest of the season would actually help his MVP case.

It would make it undeniable.

But We’d have to win the division

It’s not even a discussion if we don’t pass Baltimore
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Burrow should get comeback player of the year even though he played all the games lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow should get comeback player of the year even though he played all the games lol

Gonna be hard to tear it away from Hamlin as nobody else briefly died on the field.

I think Tua is probably the next closest to winning it if he stays healthy this year as his whole double concussion hospitalization was pretty large ordeal as well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 08:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gonna be hard to tear it away from Hamlin as nobody else briefly died on the field.

I think Tua is probably the next closest to winning it if he stays healthy this year as his whole double concussion hospitalization was pretty large ordeal as well.

That might be the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It will take a Super Bowl win. His play thus far is average at best. There are too many performers ahead of him as of now. That said, I love Burrow but would gladly trade an MVP honor for the Championship. I probably think he would as well.
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 07:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zero if the Texans sneak into the playoffs, because CJ Stroud will run away with it, but they need a winning record first.

I think right now the Top-5 (in my mind, not betting odds) is probably some order of Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff, Christian McCaffrey, Tyreek Hill, and AJ Brown.

Tua needs to stop vanishing against winning teams if he wants consideration, otherwise he would probably be in there instead.
Cj Stroud is not winning mvp
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 07:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would rather Joe win the SB MVP award

[Image: why-not-both-why-not.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 12:07 PM)Housh Wrote: He’s done because of the 1st six games

But no QB is playing better than him right now and i can’t see anyone finishing better

If he kept the same averages as the last 4 (30/39 76.9% 7.3 283 2.5/0.5), for the next 9 games and you added that to his first 8 games, his final numbers would look like this.

476/659 72.2% 4408 6.7 35/9 for a 102.2 rating. Depending on their seeding, from where they came from (1-3), they hype would def make those MVP type numbers. 

Going above his current 4 game average would certainly give him better odds.

His current average game for his career (50 games) is 25/37 67.5% 273 7.4 1.9/0.7 98.8 rating, and that's with 14 very modest games; 10 his rookie year and the 4 bad games this year.

His average game for the last 2 complete seasons are 24/35 68.5% 284 8.1 2.2/0.8, not terribly far from his current 4 game stretch.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 09:16 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: It will take a Super Bowl win. His play thus far is average at best. There are too many performers ahead of him as of now.  That said, I love Burrow but would gladly trade an MVP honor for the Championship. I probably think he would as well.

NFL MVP is voted on before the playoffs even start.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 10:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: NFL MVP is voted on before the playoffs even start.

My bad. Guess I was trying to post my opinion that it will be near impossible this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 09:29 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

Thanks for the vid FSV. Great mic'd up with Joe Brrr  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: When it comes to the MVP race, its 10000% more important to finish strong than to start strong. 

In 1981 Ken Anderson was benched in the season opener after completing only 5 of 15 passes for 39 yards, zero tds, and 2 interceptions.  But when fans talk about Anderson's '81 season most people just refer to winning the MVP and going to the Super Bowl.

In a strange kind of way Burrow's slow start actually proves how valuable he really is.  Some people used to claim he just looked so good because he had the best WR trio in the league.  Can't say that any more.
Reply/Quote