Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Coming to Switch and Xbox in October... (has been on PS for a few months now i believe) This game has received some 10's That being said its Top down CRPG style which might not be for everyone.. In a similar vein to Planescape Torment

Also Alan Wake Remastered Coming out on 10/5 (if your not getting farcry 6)
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 02:09 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I've wanted to build my own PC setup for ages. But honestly, I do next to no gaming anymore. Way too high maintenance home, 2 year old, wife is due in December...I'm limited to maybe 2-3 hours max per week.. D2 Resurrected is a nostalgia trip that I probably should have only bought for the Switch anyways.

Had my eye on Alienware. It's kinda like the BMW of gaming PCs. Good machines, but you can get just as good or better without paying as much. My brother got one and loves it though. Convenience has its perks.

Whenever I do get a family PC I'll probably make sure it can run some games decently. But if I'm being realistic I'll probably still be playing Heroes 3 in 2032. LOL

well if you do get it for the switch the progression will travel...   So you can sit and play on PC..  Quit the game (to save your character)  then pick up the switch and continue.....
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So Tokyo Game show is in 8 days  MS is suppose to have some surprise announcements..

People Speculate a Major purchase on par with the Bethesda purchase.

Only a few companys that could be.

Sega
Ubisoft
EA
Take Two
Embracer group (deepsilver/ THQ)
Square Enix.
Namco Bandi
Capcom  (get Dead rising back)
WB Games

Any others you can think of..  This is only rumors right now.   I think Sega or Square make the most since if announcing at the Toyko game show.  maybe Kojima's Games

Take Two would like cause the internet to explode lol. GTA and TES being exclusive would be big

This gets a little more interesting now that Netflix is starting to also buy game studio's

With microsoft in the streaming business...  vs (Google Stadia,  Amazon Luna)  now netflix entering the game market.    

Also doing research into all this.. Additional possible purchase candidates for microsoft are Valve and Epic Games. if they are look at tech aspects more than just Games for game pass.
Reply/Quote
Playing Deathloop and rather enjoying it. Beat hades main story will go back to finish the 100% later. Bought Cyberpunk on sale.

Returnal is on sale too, but it’s so damn expensive to begin with it doesn’t feel like a sale.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if you do get it for the switch the progression will travel...   So you can sit and play on PC..  Quit the game (to save your character)  then pick up the switch and continue.....

I did buy it on both. And if I switch to the OG graphics on PC it runs just fine. 

A few observations on Diablo 2 Remake:

This game is a lot more fun now that I actually understand what I'm doing. I was casually into it 20 years ago, but now realize I had absolutely zero idea as to some of the more advanced mechanics/builds/synergies. 

Also, Blizzard just committed an absolute highway robbery. They pretty much re-released Diablo 2 with better makeup on and like 2 QoL changes. 
Reply/Quote
Lost Judgment, on PS4.

I only own PS consoles for the Yakuza/RGG series, so naturally, I'm investing 100 hours in this, over the next few weeks.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 12:53 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I did buy it on both. And if I switch to the OG graphics on PC it runs just fine. 

A few observations on Diablo 2 Remake:

This game is a lot more fun now that I actually understand what I'm doing. I was casually into it 20 years ago, but now realize I had absolutely zero idea as to some of the more advanced mechanics/builds/synergies. 

Also, Blizzard just committed an absolute highway robbery. They pretty much re-released Diablo 2 with better makeup on and like 2 QoL changes. 

Lol i dont know about highway robbery... At 40$ you still get more value than most $40 dollar games releasing these days. Still better than most games today too.

And its been over 20 years.  if it was just on last gen or something then yeah it be a bad port.  but after 20+ years and high demand from the fans its pretty much exactly what i hoped for    Just hopping they add Diablo 1 at some point for fun
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 05:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lost Judgment, on PS4.

I only own PS consoles for the Yakuza/RGG series, so naturally, I'm investing 100 hours in this, over the next few weeks.

RGG????

Yakuza now on Xboxs too....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: RGG????

Yakuza now on Xboxs too....

Known as Ryu ga Gotoku (which is how I refer to the series, when I'm talking to people in the know; many in North America aren't even aware of the series) in the East, hence why 7 is called, "Like a Dragon," here in the West (which is what, "Ryu ga Gotoku," translates to). I also got a PS4 for Shenmue III, as I am one of the superfans of the world for that series (not one of the guys who dropped $10,000.00 for Kickstarter, but my fandom is just as high and proud).

Honestly, IMO, almost every game that has come out since the mid 2000s is a piece of tripe and I really don't care for 99% of all games, especially since I have a backlog of over 100 games for my Sega consoles (of which I own every one released, ever) to play, so I don't really care to play anything modern; I didn't even turn on my PS4 from April 2020, until last Monday, except to download the console updates.

And I already have trophies and the like, so I'll never switch to Box, unless there's some exclusivity going on (which there won't be).
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 10:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Known as Ryu ga Gotoku (which is how I refer to the series, when I'm talking to people in the know; many in North America aren't even aware of the series) in the East, hence why 7 is called, "Like a Dragon," here in the West (which is what, "Ryu ga Gotoku," translates to). I also got a PS4 for Shenmue III, as I am one of the superfans of the world for that series (not one of the guys who dropped $10,000.00 for Kickstarter, but my fandom is just as high and proud).

Honestly, IMO, almost every game that has come out since the mid 2000s is a piece of tripe and I really don't care for 99% of all games, especially since I have a backlog of over 100 games for my Sega consoles (of which I own every one released, ever) to play, so I don't really care to play anything modern; I didn't even turn on my PS4 from April 2020, until last Monday, except to download the console updates.

And I already have trophies and the like, so I'll never switch to Box, unless there's some exclusivity going on (which there won't be).

No Xbox is playing a Different game...  So you have no need to get a box.    They are making all their games available just about everywhere but competing platforms..

I bet that is an amazing Sega Collection....   (a company i love and wouldnt mind seeing MS acquire if it stops them from having financial issues.    i know they have had some struggles lately closing Sega arcade and then Sega Sammi Split the games section off)    but its not where MS is looking at the moment i dont think and Sega might have gotten a truckfull of money from its recent nintendo deal thats putting its old games on to the Switch Online

Which Yakuza is the best starting Point Kiwami or 0
Reply/Quote
FOUR more days till Metroid Dread!

My Speedo is dripping with anticipation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
anyone know any good gaming podcast?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This gets a little more interesting now that Netflix is starting to also buy game studio's

With microsoft in the streaming business...  vs (Google Stadia,  Amazon Luna)  now netflix entering the game market.    

Also doing research into all this.. Additional possible purchase candidates for microsoft are Valve and Epic Games. if they are look at tech aspects more than just Games for game pass.

Valve?  I could see that.  MS would own the market for two major game delivery platforms.  PC (steam) and XBOX.  And maybe MS would force them to actually put out another HL game.  (Alix doesn't count - prequel).
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No Xbox is playing a Different game...  So you have no need to get a box.    They are making all their games available just about everywhere but competing platforms..

I bet that is an amazing Sega Collection....   (a company i love and wouldnt mind seeing MS acquire if it stops them from having financial issues.    i know they have had some struggles lately closing Sega arcade and then Sega Sammi Split the games section off)    but its not where MS is looking at the moment i dont think and Sega might have gotten a truckfull of money from its recent nintendo deal thats putting its old games on to the Switch Online

Which Yakuza is the best starting Point Kiwami or 0

Correct; they are making is pure streaming so you can use a Box, PC or whatever. Not sure how long it'll take, but still not interested lol. If North America didn't play videogames or use cell phones, Apple and Xbox wouldn't exist (as brands) lol.

I thank you Big Grin. I can share the pics here, but they are a lot, so I need to figure it out lol; stay tuned Wink

As for the best jumping in point, hard to say; you can go either way. Objectively:

0: Better game on the whole, weaker story, better soundtrack, more-varied gameplay, more to do, changes Majima's character (that lasts for 1 1/2 games) to some bullshit, sappy crap, has in-jokes to 1 and 2 that you won't get, until you play those titles. Has some bleak moments, but fairly-positive in the end.

1/Kiwami: Worse game on the whole, much-better story, soundtrack is about even (1) or worse (Kiwami), less-varied, but still good gameplay, less to do, Majima is how he really is, darker, more-gritty crime drama that tugs less on heartstrings. Sets up the series VERY well.

1 is my 3rd favourite game in the series, 0 my 6th. I deem 0 to be the 5th best game in the series and Kiwami, 10th.

This is out of 17 mainline titles and spinoffs (Lost Judgement makes 18 titles, but I'm still in chapter 1, 8 hours in lol). I've played each game from beginning to end, at least twice, save for Kiwami 2, 7 and Judge Eyes (the first Judgement) and 3 and 5, I've played 3 times (3 is my 4th favourite videogame ever and my favourite of the entire series).

As a result, I think I have a pretty good handle on the series LOL. I would still say it's up to you, but if you are someone who like gameplay progression, from game to game, go with release order first (Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, 6, 7). If you want story progression, 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

If I had to give an entire series recommendation, I would play it in release order:

1, 2, Kenzan!, 3, Kurohyo: Shinso, 4, Dead Souls, Kurohyo 2: Ashura Hen, 5, Ishin!, 0, Kiwami, 6, Kiwami 2, Hokuto ga Gotoku (Lost Paradise), Judge Eyes, 7, Lost Judgement.

One thing that may be the kicker, is that Kiwami is literally just a facelift of 1, with some additions; you get the same clunky fighting (at first; it changes a few chapters in) and early-installment weirdness, just looking better.

But yes, the series is phenomenally-crafted from top to bottom, just fantastic and definitely worth your time Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct; they are making is pure streaming so you can use a Box, PC or whatever. Not sure how long it'll take, but still not interested lol. If North America didn't play videogames or use cell phones, Apple and Xbox wouldn't exist (as brands) lol.

I thank you Big Grin. I can share the pics here, but they are a lot, so I need to figure it out lol; stay tuned Wink

As for the best jumping in point, hard to say; you can go either way. Objectively:

0: Better game on the whole, weaker story, better soundtrack, more-varied gameplay, more to do, changes Majima's character (that lasts for 1 1/2 games) to some bullshit, sappy crap, has in-jokes to 1 and 2 that you won't get, until you play those titles. Has some bleak moments, but fairly-positive in the end.

1/Kiwami: Worse game on the whole, much-better story, soundtrack is about even (1) or worse (Kiwami), less-varied, but still good gameplay, less to do, Majima is how he really is, darker, more-gritty crime drama that tugs less on heartstrings. Sets up the series VERY well.

1 is my 3rd favourite game in the series, 0 my 6th. I deem 0 to be the 5th best game in the series and Kiwami, 10th.

This is out of 17 mainline titles and spinoffs (Lost Judgement makes 18 titles, but I'm still in chapter 1, 8 hours in lol). I've played each game from beginning to end, at least twice, save for Kiwami 2, 7 and Judge Eyes (the first Judgement) and 3 and 5, I've played 3 times (3 is my 4th favourite videogame ever and my favourite of the entire series).

As a result, I think I have a pretty good handle on the series LOL. I would still say it's up to you, but if you are someone who like gameplay progression, from game to game, go with release order first (Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, 6, 7). If you want story progression, 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

If I had to give an entire series recommendation, I would play it in release order:

1, 2, Kenzan!, 3, Kurohyo: Shinso, 4, Dead Souls, Kurohyo 2: Ashura Hen, 5, Ishin!, 0, Kiwami, 6, Kiwami 2, Hokuto ga Gotoku (Lost Paradise), Judge Eyes, 7, Lost Judgement.

One thing that may be the kicker, is that Kiwami is literally just a facelift of 1, with some additions; you get the same clunky fighting (at first; it changes a few chapters in) and early-installment weirdness, just looking better.

But yes, the series is phenomenally-crafted from top to bottom, just fantastic and definitely worth your time Big Grin

will definately start picking a few up when on sale or i might make the jump to gamepass before to long. either way ill give these a try.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 05:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Valve?  I could see that.  MS would own the market for two major game delivery platforms.  PC (steam) and XBOX.  And maybe MS would force them to actually put out another HL game.  (Alix doesn't count - prequel).

Right there are a lot of places MS could invest with their 200 B in cash  lol....   (thats enough to buy Sony outright btw)  lol.    Valve makes sense for a few reasons but not likely to happen till Gabe is ready to sell it.  (1. Gabe said hed only sell to MS,   2. VR Tech something xbox lacks, 3. Steam deck   more ways to play gamepass. 4. Steam store  lol....)

Other rumor everyone was excited about was take 2...  But i dont see them buying them but maybe making a gamepass deal for the back catalog.  

WB still seems the most interesting to me if MS goal is to really reach 2-3 billion people...    AS that gives them lego games a fighting studio DC heros and  HBO Max... and some movie studios to make Xbox movies.   (and i mean WB whole not just the games department) 

Funny enough with all these rumors Microsoft is the only one that hasnt bought anything lately lol.

Playstation has purchased a few studios since MS picked up Zenimax. Netflix just purchased 1 as well.
Reply/Quote
Been working on

Diablo 2 R
Carmageddon
The Ascent

Gonna Grab Alan Wake remaster.

Farcry 6 just came out for those who are interest and looks amazing.

And the Battlefield 2042 open beta is this weekend. (either console gen)

Back for Blood coming soon.

(halo infinite beta looked really good)
Reply/Quote
cyber punk is supposedly 10$ at target till tuesday.

Back 4 Blood

Disco Elysium (xbox and nintendo)

Drop tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Metroid Dread has been a blast so far. Aggravating at times, it’s quite challenging on some of these boss fights and running from the robot equivalent of Nemesis. Highly recommend any Switch owners go out and get this!
Reply/Quote
Oh good news (eventually) for folks that want to play PS games but not buy a PS it sounds like they will be coming to PC at a faster rate. as the head of Playstation wants their games to reach more people... Id imagine PC would be the first step. Who knows after that.
Reply/Quote