Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(10-11-2021, 01:12 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Metroid Dread has been a blast so far. Aggravating at times, it’s quite challenging on some of these boss fights and running from the robot equivalent of Nemesis. Highly recommend any Switch owners go out and get this!

It's hard.  But I have always sucked at Metroid games, so there's that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 01:26 PM)Earendil Wrote: It's hard.  But I have always sucked at Metroid games, so there's that.

Yeah I’m stuck on a boss, Experiment Z53, that I’ve pretty much given up on. I’ve watched kill videos and still can’t beat it. Considering trading all this Nintendo stuff in at GameStop and get a PS4 Pro. Go back to Final Fantasy XIV where a person with my anger issues can relax and stop yelling strings of obscenities at my tv!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh good news (eventually) for folks that want to play PS games but not buy a PS  it sounds like they will be coming to PC at a faster rate. as the head of Playstation wants their games to reach more people...  Id imagine PC would be the first step.  Who knows after that.

XBOX will only be half a decade or more ahead of them.  Really only Nintendo can get away with exclusivity these days, thus why MS went in the opposite direction and now SONY's like "Oops, we're out on an island by ourselves - EEK!"  Internally - "Quick!  Copy what MS is doing with XBOX and PC!"
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 04:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: XBOX will only be half a decade or more ahead of them.  Really only Nintendo can get away with exclusivity these days, thus why MS went in the opposite direction and now SONY's like "Oops, we're out on an island by ourselves - EEK!"  Internally - "Quick!  Copy what MS is doing with XBOX and PC!"

There are some fans that are really not happy  mainly the ones that were making fun of xboxs strategy when they started game pass...

IF not PC then Sony is going mobile.   

Apple thru just getting their cut from mobile games made more money last year than Xbox, PS, EA, Activision combined.....
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Yeah I’m stuck on a boss, Experiment Z53, that I’ve pretty much given up on. I’ve watched kill videos and still can’t beat it. Considering trading all this Nintendo stuff in at GameStop and get a PS4 Pro. Go back to Final Fantasy XIV where a person with my anger issues can relax and stop yelling strings of obscenities at my tv!

Good to know it ramps up in difficulty on the bosses. Only beaten 3 proper ones (currently in sleep mode in boss opening cutscene) I think my boss resets have mostly been because I stink at timing the counter but I want to see the quicktime/notactuallyquicktime scene. The cinematics are so good in this game. 

A lot to love about Dread, but it's not the 10/10 knockout I was hoping for quite yet. I'm especially worried about it's replayability, which is a staple of the Metroid series. Super Metroid is so infinitely replayable because once you master the movement techniques you can do all sorts of funky sequence breaks. The one or two times I obtained an item I clearly wasn't supposed to in Dread I got a "you can't use this yet" message which was a bummer. 

I doubt it was intentional, but I love that the rhythm for bomb jumping is the exact same as Super Metroid. No idea where I am in the game (I think about 40%ish?) but so far a very solid 9/10.
Reply/Quote
Wreckfest (Xbox)
Skyward Sword HD (Switch)

Are what I've been playing lately. Anxiously awaiting the Animal Crossing direct to see what they add.

Also semi interested in Riders Republic, but I need to see more gameplay.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wreckfest (Xbox)

Are what I've been playing lately. Anxiously awaiting the Animal Crossing direct to see what they add.

I need to get back to and finally finish Skyward Sword. I’m at the end but want to get that (best)shield you get from doing a boss fight chain. It’s a huge pain in the ass, I’ve come close a couple times but no cigar so I gave up on it. Lol, same with the Master Sword trial on Breath of the Wild. I can get aaaaallmost to the very end for the fully upgraded sword, but inevitably end up dying and feeling to discouraged to start that tedious climb again.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 05:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Good to know it ramps up in difficulty on the bosses. Only beaten 3 proper ones (currently in sleep mode in boss opening cutscene) I think my boss resets have mostly been because I stink at timing the counter but I want to see the quicktime/notactuallyquicktime scene. The cinematics are so good in this game. 

A lot to love about Dread, but it's not the 10/10 knockout I was hoping for quite yet. I'm especially worried about it's replayability, which is a staple of the Metroid series. Super Metroid is so infinitely replayable because once you master the movement techniques you can do all sorts of funky sequence breaks. The one or two times I obtained an item I clearly wasn't supposed to in Dread I got a "you can't use this yet" message which was a bummer. 

I doubt it was intentional, but I love that the rhythm for bomb jumping is the exact same as Super Metroid. No idea where I am in the game (I think about 40%ish?) but so far a very solid 9/10.

I agree, it’s not the 10/10 I was expecting either. It’s a great game and worth the purchase but I feel like the $60 price tag is too much now in hindsight. I own both of the Ori games, The Blind Forest and The Will of the Wisps, and Metroid Dread is really not much different. Both Ori games are $30 physical or less.

I finally beat that boss I was stuck on so I’m finally able to progress again. I too gathered an item I didn’t have access too yet so I’m not sure if that upgrade is next, or if I’ve jumped ahead somehow and need to backtrack. I’m on E.M.M.I. #6 right now and having trouble again.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:04 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I need to get back to and finally finish Skyward Sword. I’m at the end but want to get that (best)shield you get from doing a boss fight chain. It’s a huge pain in the ass, I’ve come close a couple times but no cigar so I gave up on it. Lol, same with the Master Sword trial on Breath of the Wild. I can get aaaaallmost to the very end for the fully upgraded sword, but inevitably end up dying and feeling to discouraged to start that tedious climb again.

I stopped playing after getting the full Master Sword, to allow my Wife to catch up. I want the Hylian Shield, too, but if I'm honest, I'll probably still rock the Sacred Shield because I love how it looks, and shields seem to have less emphasis in this game.

I have a similar story as you with BoTW. I quit at the Sword Trial on Master Mode, because I want to play most of the game with a fully upgraded sword, but I realized how insanely difficult the trial is on Master Mode. I thought about glitching through it, but that isn't exactly cake, either. It's been sitting for at least a year now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I stopped playing after getting the full Master Sword, to allow my Wife to catch up. I want the Hylian Shield, too, but if I'm honest, I'll probably still rock the Sacred Shield because I love how it looks, and shields seem to have less emphasis in this game.

I have a similar story as you with BoTW. I quit at the Sword Trial on Master Mode, because I want to play most of the game with a fully upgraded sword, but I realized how insanely difficult the trial is on Master Mode. I thought about glitching through it, but that isn't exactly cake, either. It's been sitting for at least a year now.

I end up giving up and hunting Lynels for their OP weapons. I hate that weapons break in BotW. They could have at least added a way to reforge / repair them with either a smith or a somewhat expensive potion / crafted potion via rare recipe.
Reply/Quote
I had to cheese one level on Trial of the Sword Master Mode. The one with the Lizalfos. It is very possible pretty much softlock yourself if you don't do the infinite backstab trick.

Otherwise just cook up a +3 strength meal that last 30 min and go in with full yellow hearts. Helps out a bunch.
Reply/Quote
Picked up an Oculus today. We played Beat Saber and ping pong. A good time was had by all.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I end up giving up and hunting Lynels for their OP weapons. I hate that weapons break in BotW. They could have at least added a way to reforge / repair them with either a smith or a somewhat expensive potion / crafted potion via rare recipe.

I have a love/hate relationship with that mechanic. I like the concept of damaging your weapons. It makes collecting them more relevant, and brings strategy to it. That said, I think they could've implemented it better. Like you said, a way to upgrade the durability or repair your favorites would've been nice.

(10-12-2021, 11:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I had to cheese one level on Trial of the Sword Master Mode. The one with the Lizalfos. It is very possible pretty much softlock yourself if you don't do the infinite backstab trick.

Otherwise just cook up a +3 strength meal that last 30 min and go in with full yellow hearts. Helps out a bunch.

Thanks for the tip. ThumbsUp

My biggest problem now is that I have to readjust myself to the combat in BoTW. The older I get, the longer it takes me to adjust to different games...if the combat is relatively complex in any way.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Been working on

Diablo 2 R
Carmageddon
The Ascent

Gonna Grab Alan Wake remaster.

Farcry 6 just came out for those who are interest and looks amazing.

And the Battlefield 2042 open beta is this weekend.  (either console gen)

Back for Blood coming soon.

(halo infinite beta looked really good)

Been burning through Far Cry 6. Probably around halfway through. It looks amazing on the ps5 and has kept me entertained since the beginning which is what good games are supposed to do. Have always felt the Far Cry series to be a bit underrated.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 03:23 AM)The American Dream Wrote: Been burning through Far Cry 6. Probably around halfway through. It looks amazing on the ps5 and has kept me entertained since the beginning which is what good games are supposed to do. Have always felt the Far Cry series to be a bit underrated.

Ill grab 6 eventually the only knock ive heard on it is that its more Far Cry  lol....  Which is perfect to me. 

Still havent finished 5 and i got way to many games started at the moment and ill buy more before i get back to 5 lol....
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wreckfest (Xbox)

How is WreckFest.....  Ive been interested as it kinda looks like burnout paradise with the wrecks...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: How is WreckFest.....  Ive been interested as it kinda looks like burnout paradise with the wrecks...

I'd say it's less arcade-y than Burnout Paradise, at least with controls. Driving feels closer to NFS Heat or Forza Horizon. It's not open world like Burnout, and there's probably not as many various activities as Burnout.

Graphics are surprisingly great, especially after you download the update for next gen.

Customization options are fairly average, but the racing is maybe the best I've ever played. There are legit races as well as tracks that encourage all out carnage. The wreck physics are incredible and it really is a blast to play with friends.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is into racing games. Definitely a unique experience.
Reply/Quote
Officially lost for the first time in Dread.

Whenever I find power bombs I'm gonna have one hell of a stock though LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Officially lost for the first time in Dread.

Whenever I find power bombs I'm gonna have one hell of a stock though LOL

Does it feel like its worth a 60$ price tag?            Nintendo does great on profit vs production cost.
Reply/Quote
If anyone is interested in Obsidian's Next game

https://www.windowscentral.com/details-xbox-exclusive-avowed-obsidian-outer-worlds-meets-medieval-fantasy?scrlybrkr=2201c442
Reply/Quote