Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-14-2021, 08:03 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I own Hades hard copy on Switch and love it! Ain’t played it in awhile but played the hell out of it when I first got it! I’ve only come close to making it out ONCE and I was sooo pissed I lost.

Really? I got to the final boss already and I almost beat him. Took like 12-15 runs I think. Really depends on if I get a solid boon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Really? I got to the final boss already and I almost beat him. Took like 12-15 runs I think. Really depends on if I get a solid boon.

Yeah man, I was SOOOO close! I ain’t played it since, maybe I need to get back to it now. I dig the dialog in the game, so at least most of my restarts have been fruitful. Giving items, unlocking stuff, yada yada.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 07:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So Hades is really really good and I don’t even like Rogue games really. A lot more story in this one though compared to most which is probably why I like it so much.

I got through every platinum in Assassin’s Creed and just got pissed off at the Valhalla challenge DLC like on the very first Wolf challenge and just said screw AC for a while. Hades is the first non AC game I’ve played all year lol.

I also loved Tales from the Borderlands enough to end up buying all of the Borderlands series, but I haven’t been able to get into the actual series as I don’t find it as funny as tales.

the challenges arent that bad once you figure them out.  I think i only really had issue with 1 or 2 of them (one of them was in the 1st 3 you get)

I might grab hades on sale..  But im not sure if its my kind of game.  I havent been able to get into any rouge like/lite games. so far.  i like solid progression

**Other news Alan Wake Remaster is out on 10/5 for playstation this time as well...***
Reply/Quote
Rumor is Xbox will be making another purchase soon (sony recently added a few studios to their family)
Reply/Quote
when you think your xbox is broken so you convince the wife to buy a new one....

(then you plug it back in....) lol opps.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: when you think your xbox is broken so you convince the wife to buy a new one....

(then you plug it back in....) lol opps.

She have a single sister? She don’t even have to be purdy, I collect Halloween masks.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:17 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: She have a single sister? She don’t even have to be purdy, I collect Halloween masks.

both her sisters are married lol...

(it was my fault i work in IT and i didnt follow rule #1.... make sure its plugged in..)
Reply/Quote
Just read Starlink is finally coming off beta in October at some point. I hope this is true, I’ll sell my soul to Elon for high speed internet out here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Been playing

Carmageddon (newer one)
and The Ascent

here lately been having a blast with both.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Been playing

Carmageddon (newer one)
and The Ascent

here lately been having a blast with both.

Nice. I found Agents of Mayhem on PS store for $3 the other day. Couldn’t resist, I played the hell out of it a couple years ago on the XBO and loved it. Best $3 I’ve spent in recent memory!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Nice. I found Agents of Mayhem on PS store for $3 the other day. Couldn’t resist, I played the hell out of it a couple years ago on the XBO and loved it. Best $3 I’ve spent in recent memory!

nice been wondering about that one loved the saints series  (3,4,GooH)   but heard mixed things on the Agents of Mayhem.     But for 3 dollars its hard to go wrong... lol  (worst case is you spent 3 dollars)
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 11:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rumor is Xbox will be making another purchase soon    (sony recently added a few studios to their family)

So Tokyo Game show is in 8 days  MS is suppose to have some surprise announcements..

People Speculate a Major purchase on par with the Bethesda purchase.

Only a few companys that could be.

Sega
Ubisoft
EA
Take Two
Embracer group (deepsilver/ THQ)
Square Enix.
Namco Bandi
Capcom (get Dead rising back)
WB Games

Any others you can think of..  This is only rumors right now.   I think Sega or Square make the most since if announcing at the Toyko game show.  maybe Kojima's Games

Take Two would like cause the internet to explode lol. GTA and TES being exclusive would be big
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So Tokyo Game show is in 8 days  MS is suppose to have some surprise announcements..

People Speculate a Major purchase on par with the Bethesda purchase.

Only a few companys that could be.

Sega
Ubisoft
EA
Take Two
Embracer group (deepsilver/ THQ)
Square Enix.
Namco Bandi
Capcom (get Dead rising back)
WB Games

Any others you can think of..  This is only rumors right now.   I think Sega or Square make the most since if announcing at the Toyko game show.  maybe Kojima's Games

Take Two would like cause the internet to explode lol. GTA and TES being exclusive would be big

I doubt it’s SquareEnix. Too much Sony loyalty in their past. It COULD happen, I guess. I never understood how FFXIV can be on PS3, 4, and now 5….and PC…but Xbox players get no love. The talks have picked back up recently so maybe that changes soon.

I could see a Ubisoft purchase. They’ve had good games. I loved the South Park games (Xbox won the console wars in the Black Friday trilogy, MS-DOS 13 Bill Gates was GREAT! ) I actually enjoyed The Division games when I had internet in my pre-country life days. They’ve pretty much cornered the Tom Clancy theme games, which are hit or miss but had some gems throughout the years like Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 11:16 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I doubt it’s SquareEnix. Too much Sony loyalty in their past. It COULD happen, I guess. I never understood how FFXIV can be on PS3, 4, and now 5….and PC…but Xbox players get no love. The talks have picked back up recently so maybe that changes soon.

I could see a Ubisoft purchase. They’ve had good games. I loved the South Park games (Xbox won the console wars in the Black Friday trilogy, MS-DOS 13 Bill Gates was GREAT! ) I actually enjoyed The Division games when I had internet in my pre-country life days. They’ve pretty much cornered the Tom Clancy theme games, which are hit or miss but had some gems throughout the years like Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, etc.

i love ubisoft...  I dont play all their titles as there is a lot but they have open world games nailed pretty well imo  (they are fun to play)

I am not one into the tom clancy games myself but they always look decent.

They also have the Hasboro games. 

As far as southpark they(the creators) just signed a 900+ mill contract to make episodes till 2030 and produce a new game,  as well as 2 movies a year direct to paramount plus streaming service..

So hopefully ubisft is making that new one as the last 2 were great.

Id be happy with ubisoft.   Xbox would love to have those on game pass too im sure. (but they have like 200 different studios lol so thats a lot to manage)

Square and Sega   Microsoft tried to purchase in the past.     Sega has a better relationship with xbox.  But if xbox wants those square titles buying it would do it lol.  (Sega recently separated its games division from its gambling division Sammy Sega)  so its set up for purchase.

And WB studios are available to buy again and Microsoft was in convo to purchase last time they were available.

Konami IPs or Komija studios might be in play as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 11:16 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I doubt it’s SquareEnix. Too much Sony loyalty in their past. It COULD happen, I guess. I never understood how FFXIV can be on PS3, 4, and now 5….and PC…but Xbox players get no love. The talks have picked back up recently so maybe that changes soon.

Now there's a group of words I never thought I'd see together Ninja

Agree that Squeenix is unlikely. Be interesting to see what the announcement is. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 11:38 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Now there's a group of words I never thought I'd see together Ninja

Agree that Squeenix is unlikely. Be interesting to see what the announcement is. 

i watched a video yesterday of a guy breaking down all the different publishers and what they have to offer.   It was long but really detailed.   Ill see if i can find it.

He made this 4 months ago when the rumors first popped up around e3.. But they are picking up steam again its a great breakdown at the least

And Microsoft has that 10 billion burning a hole in its pocket since the Discord deal fell thru
Reply/Quote
Turns out my little Microsoft Surface can't handle D2 Resurrected. Really need to finally buy a desktop computer. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 01:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Turns out my little Microsoft Surface can't handle D2 Resurrected. Really need to finally buy a desktop computer. LOL

Just a heads up in case you were planning on spending an arm, a leg, and possibly a kidney for an Alienware. Check out Cyberpowerpc.com and check out their deals. You can even build your own there, they assemble it and ship it. Probably cheaper AND you decide what goes into it, so it’s not loaded down with unwanted apps or programs.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 08:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Just a heads up in case you were planning on spending an arm, a leg, and possibly a kidney for an Alienware. Check out Cyberpowerpc.com and check out their deals. You can even build your own there, they assemble it and ship it. Probably cheaper AND you decide what goes into it, so it’s not loaded down with unwanted apps or programs.

I always price a cheap base computer with a solid processor ram hdrive etc. Then buy a video and sound card separately and install them myself. The case is usually ugly and you might have to install a fan but it's always several hundred dollars cheaper than straight up ordering from anywhere.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 09:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I always price a cheap base computer with a solid processor ram hdrive etc. Then buy a video and sound card separately and install them myself. The case is usually ugly and you might have to install a fan but it's always several hundred dollars cheaper than straight up ordering from anywhere.

I've wanted to build my own PC setup for ages. But honestly, I do next to no gaming anymore. Way too high maintenance home, 2 year old, wife is due in December...I'm limited to maybe 2-3 hours max per week.. D2 Resurrected is a nostalgia trip that I probably should have only bought for the Switch anyways.

Had my eye on Alienware. It's kinda like the BMW of gaming PCs. Good machines, but you can get just as good or better without paying as much. My brother got one and loves it though. Convenience has its perks.

Whenever I do get a family PC I'll probably make sure it can run some games decently. But if I'm being realistic I'll probably still be playing Heroes 3 in 2032. LOL
Reply/Quote