Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Oh I KNOW what it is, I was just being sarcastic about being out in the country where next gen systems don’t exist due to lack of high speed internet!
I’m sure Gearbox or Sony will figure it out by the time it’s released. If they don’t, that IS a shady cashgrab. But since I doubt I’ll ever own a PS5, I’m fine with it since it’ll still be on PS4.

As to backlogs, I get it. Games LIKE Borderlands/ Diablo 3/ looter shooters do it for me. I neglect my other games when I get focused on one of these types of titles. Hell, I’ve had the rerelease for Zelda Skyward Sword, only thing left to do is some side quest stuff for the beat shield, and beating the last boss. Ain’t played it in a month. Been playing Borderlands 2, an OLD game I’ve played through MANY times and the new Madden, building my awesome franchise!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:53 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Madden has been bad for some time now, literally cut & paste year to year. Lazy developers at EA. I don’t play online, and none of the other modes interest me other than good ole Franchise mode. I play it offline, solo. And although it IS a “meh” game, with literally nothing added to make franchise mode better, like more control over stadium rebuilds or being able to design your own team and it’s uniforms rather like it used to be rather than this “pick out of these premade options”, I still rather enjoy building my Bengals teams. And every year I tell myself “you are not going to waste money on another Madden copy n paste game this year “ the Bengals go and do something that makes me buy the damn thing! Last year was drafting Burrow. This year it’s those sexy new uniforms. They better win a damn Super Bowl this year or I’m not buying next year’s edition! (Uh-huh. Keep telling myself that! )

I hope they bring NCAA Football back now that licensing isn't a problem.  That was by far my favorite football franchise.  Taking a nothing team to the National Championships over several seasons.  Being offered and turning down "other" HCing jobs.  Taking a team like Marshall and making them so consistently good so as to get invited to the Power 5, recruiting and building up the quality of the school in the process, etc.  

So much more fun than plain old NFL football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: I hope they bring NCAA Football back now that licensing isn't a problem.  That was by far my favorite football franchise.  Taking a nothing team to the National Championships over several seasons.  Being offered and turning down "other" HCing jobs.  Taking a team like Marshall and making them so consistently good so as to get invited to the Power 5, recruiting and building up the quality of the school in the process, etc.  

SHould have searched before I commented - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/ea-sports-ncaa-football-game-players-nil/i839ec0dcfs912c7846ay9ih3

July 2023 for the franchise to be revived.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: I hope they bring NCAA Football back now that licensing isn't a problem.  That was by far my favorite football franchise.  Taking a nothing team to the National Championships over several seasons.  Being offered and turning down "other" HCing jobs.  Taking a team like Marshall and making them so consistently good so as to get invited to the Power 5, recruiting and building up the quality of the school in the process, etc.  

Yeah I loved those games. When they introduced that home field advantage thing with the rockin crowd noise that effected audibles and such, THAT was a good addition. This year, Madden has given us coordinators with talent trees you build your own way, but that doesn’t feel like enough. I hear the next gen version has that momentum bar addition that PS4 and XBO doesn’t, so maybe that’s kinda cool I dunno.
Reply/Quote

getting your custom player drafted.....  Was oh so satisfying... lol
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Oh I KNOW what it is, I was just being sarcastic about being out in the country where next gen systems don’t exist due to lack of high speed internet!
I’m sure Gearbox or Sony will figure it out by the time it’s released. If they don’t, that IS a shady cashgrab. But since I doubt I’ll ever own a PS5, I’m fine with it since it’ll still be on PS4.

As to backlogs, I get it. Games LIKE Borderlands/ Diablo 3/ looter shooters do it for me. I neglect my other games when I get focused on one of these types of titles. Hell, I’ve had the rerelease for Zelda Skyward Sword, only thing left to do is some side quest stuff for the beat shield, and beating the last boss. Ain’t played it in a month. Been playing Borderlands 2, an OLD game I’ve played through MANY times and the new Madden, building my awesome franchise!

right i finished Diablo 3 twice       the old 360/ps3 era version and the next gen one.

And i Play the heck out of some gears of war.     which is a time sink and a half.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right i finished Diablo 3 twice       the old 360/ps3 era version and the next gen one.

And i Play the heck out of some gears of war.     which is a time sink and a half.

Oh don’t even get me started on the hours on multiple systems I’ve put into Diablo 3! Seasonal restarts for those gear sets, HOURS of Rift farming, reforging, etc just to get that certain build that absolutely wrecks packs of enemies. Building paragon levels. Man oh man!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:17 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Oh don’t even get me started on the hours on multiple systems I’ve put into Diablo 3! Seasonal restarts for those gear sets, HOURS of Rift farming, reforging, etc just to get that certain build that absolutely wrecks packs of enemies. Building paragon levels. Man oh man!

Played it once.  Finished it once.  Replay value was very low for me.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: Played it once.  Finished it once.  Replay value was very low for me.

I guess this is a question for you and Xeno as well. What is "finishing" D3?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I guess this is a question for you and Xeno as well. What is "finishing" D3?

It's RPG like.  I finished the story, and there is no replay value in the story.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 10:04 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's RPG like.  I finished the story, and there is no replay value in the story.

The real game starts after you beat it. You gain “paragon” experience once you reach level cap that you spend on increasing your base stats. Letting you gradually increase the difficulty level which increases gear drop rates and their strength. Going back through certain areas, killing bosses, farming items, recipes, and Rift gate keys. Some gear “sets” change how certain abilities act or add bonuses you wouldn’t get, so you can “build” your avatar to play a certain overpowered way of you know what to look for and where to get it. It’s a grindy, time sink for sure and not everyone enjoys those types of games.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I guess this is a question for you and Xeno as well. What is "finishing" D3?

well Finishing for me is generally Collecting all Achievements(ie do basically everything) ...  But i still have played afterwards.

Cause Diablo has Achievements/Trophies you earn like the other games... Then a 1000 more in game you can earn lol (i dont have all of those)

In the never ending quest for better loot  (Diablo)   it only ends when you stop lol. 

Diablo has replay value plenty... As all the level are randomly generated its never exactly the same twice and each character class has separate story panels to watch each act.    

But diablo 3 shined in the end game content and seasonal play  as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 10:04 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's RPG like.  I finished the story, and there is no replay value in the story.

Oh, I know D3 all too well. I was just curious because it is a game that was very much made to not have a real quantifiable "end" to it. Finishing the story is barely scratching the surface of what it has to offer, at least in my opinion, but to each their own.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:06 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oh, I know D3 all too well. I was just curious because it is a game that was very much made to not have a real quantifiable "end" to it. Finishing the story is barely scratching the surface of what it has to offer, at least in my opinion, but to each their own.

you guys be on Diablo 2 in 9 days?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you guys be on Diablo 2 in 9 days?

Eventually but not right out of the gate.  I don't do first day stuff any more since developers can't be trusted not to put out buggy products.....especially Blizzard/Activision, sadly.
Reply/Quote

Not I. I’ll probably get it eventually but I just can’t afford it at the moment. Plus, when I AM able to afford a new game I have that new Metroid releasing soon in mind first!
Reply/Quote

Can't wait to bear-slap the shit outta stuff again. LOL

I'll probably play for a couple of weeks. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 01:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: Eventually but not right out of the gate.  I don't do first day stuff any more since developers can't be trusted not to put out buggy products.....especially Blizzard/Activision, sadly.

Blizzard used to be one of my TOP companys i always trusted...  Before the activison merger thing..

The beta i played both weekends didnt see much issues on the series X  heard of some on the older generations though.
Reply/Quote
So Hades is really really good and I don’t even like Rogue games really. A lot more story in this one though compared to most which is probably why I like it so much.

I got through every platinum in Assassin’s Creed and just got pissed off at the Valhalla challenge DLC like on the very first Wolf challenge and just said screw AC for a while. Hades is the first non AC game I’ve played all year lol.

I also loved Tales from the Borderlands enough to end up buying all of the Borderlands series, but I haven’t been able to get into the actual series as I don’t find it as funny as tales.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 07:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So Hades is really really good and I don’t even like Rogue games really. A lot more story in this one though compared to most which is probably why I like it so much.

I got through every platinum in Assassin’s Creed and just got pissed off at the Valhalla challenge DLC like on the very first Wolf challenge and just said screw AC for a while. Hades is the first non AC game I’ve played all year lol.

I also loved Tales from the Borderlands enough to end up buying all of the Borderlands series, but I haven’t been able to get into the actual series as I don’t find it as funny as tales.

I own Hades hard copy on Switch and love it! Ain’t played it in awhile but played the hell out of it when I first got it! I’ve only come close to making it out ONCE and I was sooo pissed I lost.
Reply/Quote