Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-02-2021, 11:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: I plan to give it a go since I have a series X now.  Got it for Christmas and haven't broken the plastic.  lol

I’m wanting to get Cyberpunk, Hades, and Demons Souls for my ps5
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: I plan to give it a go since I have a series X now.  Got it for Christmas and haven't broken the plastic.  lol

They've fixed a lot of what was wrong at launch. Broken a couple smaller things along the way of course, but they've gotten most of those cleaned up, too.

I've been dragging my feet jumping back into it now that I've got a gaming PC aside from dipping my toe in to see the graphical difference, and I don't know if it's a hardware difference or what but it runs smooth as silk on the PC these days.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 01:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They've fixed a lot of what was wrong at launch. Broken a couple smaller things along the way of course, but they've gotten most of those cleaned up, too.

I've been dragging my feet jumping back into it now that I've got a gaming PC aside from dipping my toe in to see the graphical difference, and I don't know if it's a hardware difference or what but it runs smooth as silk on the PC these days.

I've heard it's smooth as butter on Series X, but can still drop frames on the PS4 pro and Xbox One X (not series X)
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 03:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: I've heard it's smooth as butter on Series X, but can still drop frames on the PS4 pro and Xbox One X (not series X)

I didn't even play it on the One X - I just had a base One to play it on. It could get BRUTAL at times, but that was really before the first hotfix.
Reply/Quote

X/S update probly wont be out till Q2 2022
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 12:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m wanting to get Cyberpunk, Hades, and Demons Souls for my ps5

completely on the fence with hades....  

if anyone is working on gears 5.... Its 5x XP this week
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: completely on the fence with hades....  

if anyone is working on gears 5.... Its 5x XP this week

Trying to decide what games to get for the ps5. demon souls is 33% off this week so I’ll probably get it. Then Hades, VIllage, Returnal, and cyberpunk 2077 are also on my list to get at some point.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:37 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I played through Cyberpunk when it was all nice and broken. It's a fantastic game that was really just plagued by too much ambition and a bunch of asshole execs pushing it out the door.

well it was in development for 6+ years it has to go out the door sometime.   they bit more than they could chew made promises they couldnt keep.  And have since dumbed down many of the systems just to get it to run.  Just bad planning all around
Reply/Quote
Demon souls ps5 must have been a Labor Day or weekend sale of some kind. I just assumed it was your regular kind of sale that runs until Wednesday, of course my ass goes to buy it today and it’s back to full price. Guess I won’t be getting it then.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 01:17 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Demon souls ps5 must have been a Labor Day or weekend sale of some kind. I just assumed it was your regular kind of sale that runs until Wednesday, of course my ass goes to buy it today and it’s back to full price. Guess I won’t be getting it then.

golden rule is if its been on sale it will be on sale again..       probly no later than black friday.
Reply/Quote
Pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West and Metroid Dread over the weekend. Until then, I started playing Ratchet & Clank. It's pretty fun so far and absolutely gorgeous visually.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 03:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: golden rule is if its been on sale it will be on sale again..       probly no later than black friday.

Great MO is to get a nice backlog and buy things the next year at a steep discount with all DLC included. There are very few games I feel the need to pay full price for nowadays. I usually keep it to one or two a year.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 06:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Great MO is to get a nice backlog and buy things the next year at a steep discount with all DLC included. There are very few games I feel the need to pay full price for nowadays. I usually keep it to one or two a year.

Hunt the sales....
Reply/Quote
Anybody’s thoughts on preorders? I stopped doing that a long time ago unless it’s a collectors edition or something of the like that you can’t get if you don’t preorder.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 06:47 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Anybody’s thoughts on preorders? I stopped doing that a long time ago unless it’s a collectors edition or something of the like that you can’t get if you don’t preorder.

I have no problem pre-ordering AAA releases from solid developers. Really only play the Switch now though. Very little risk in pre-ordering a Metroid or Zelda.

I would never pre-order an indie title though.
Reply/Quote
I still prefer Hard Copies. Lol I'm still buying xbox 360 games cheap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 06:47 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Anybody’s thoughts on preorders? I stopped doing that a long time ago unless it’s a collectors edition or something of the like that you can’t get if you don’t preorder.

I don't usually preorder games, but Horizon comes with an art book and a steel case, so that was worth it to me. And Metroid is, well, Metroid.
Reply/Quote

Preordering.... Ill do it if i know ill play it. and want it day 1. bonuses or not.  If a developer is making games i want i will support them.

Most times ill wait for a sale if i'm not 100% on a game. But if a company is making games you love and you want them to make more you should support the titles and buy them. even preorder them.

There are definitely some developers i trust more than others.  And then there are games you just take a shot on  (which is how i found dark souls)

Generally if you have a backlog of games your wanting to play its easier to wait. But if its a game you want day 1 preorder or get game pass(if applicable.)  lol.   Even though most games take a few patches after launch to run smoothly for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 09:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Preordering.... Ill do it if i know ill play it. and want it day 1. bonuses or not.  If a developer is making games i want i will support them.

Most times ill wait for a sale if i'm not 100% on a game. But if a company is making games you love and you want them to make more you should support the titles and buy them. even preorder them.

There are definitely some developers i trust more than others.  And then there are games you just take a shot on  (which is how i found dark souls)

Generally if you have a backlog of games your wanting to play its easier to wait. But if its a game you want day 1 preorder or get game pass(if applicable.)  lol.   Even though most games take a few patches after launch to run smoothly for some reason.

Hands down best "Good reviews and on sale for $15, what the hell why not" decision of my life.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 09:38 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hands down best "Good reviews and on sale for $15, what the hell why not" decision of my life.

\[+]/

the trailer hooked me...    never even heard of from software before that game.   but i loved all 3....     Ill eventually give sekrio another shot but it couldnt hold my attention like the Dark souls series.
Reply/Quote