Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Xbox Stores Black friday sale has gone live (Not sure if its early access for gold members for everyone)

https://www.trueachievements.com/n51900/xbox-black-friday-2022-sale
Reply/Quote
GunGrave GORE and EVIL WEST launch tomorrow both interesting looking game
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Picked up Ender Lilies: Something something I can't remember on sale on the Nintendo eShop. Looked like a cool little Metroidvania. The movement is good, but the combat is kind of clunky thus far. That said, lots of Metroidvanias are a slow burn. We'll see.

My first take on Ender Lilies was way off. Game is every bit as good as Dread and Hollow Knight. Music is amazing, atmosphere is amazing, variety of the combat is amazing and movement is great. Really suggest it if you're into Metroidvanias.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some good news reported on ESPN I found today:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35082744/ea-sports-release-college-football-game-summer-2024

I pray to Odin its better than these bug-filled, rushed, and lacking Maddens of late!
Reply/Quote
If you have been playing Assassins Creed Valhalla (Great game btw) the final DLC is coming 12/6 ending its 2nd year of content and i believe is the last bit of new content coming.

Its a free update that concludes the epic story arch.
Reply/Quote
The Video game Awards are this Thrusday 12.8

https://thegameawards.com/?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
Today the Colosseum's in Elden ring open their Doors.....

Free DLC

Reply/Quote
Baldur's Gate 3 is coming...

And Misk and Boo are BACK!!!

Reply/Quote
The Game Awards Recap...

GOTY Elden Ring. (Elden ring and Gow Ragnarok took most the awards last night)

News...
Diablo 4 Release Date 6.6.23
Jedi Survivor Release Date 3.17.23
Street Fighter 6 Release date 6.2.23
Baldur's Gate 3 Release Month August 23
FFXVI Release Date 6.22.23

*June becoming very stacked*

Hades 2 Announced
Armor Core 6 Announced
Death Stranding 2 Announced
Judas (From Bioshock Creator) Announced
New Crash Team Game Announced
Cyperpunk DLC teased (has Idris Elba)
Remnant 2 Announced (Remnant from the ashes Sequel)
Space Marines 2 Gameplay

And a bunch more

https://www.shacknews.com/article/133392/the-game-awards-2022-winners-announcements-trailers?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
^^Award Winners

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2022/12/live-all-the-trailers-from-the-2022-game-awards/?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
^^Trailers available here
Reply/Quote
No Real Xbox First party was present but they announced they would be showing some things soon. (likely their own little event)

Warhammer 40k Rouge Trader wasnt there but its also i believe slated for 2023 By Owlcat games
Reply/Quote
portal RTX and Stray
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 03:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: portal RTX and Stray

How is Portal RTX? 

Stray took home 2 awards last night.

Playing AC Valhalla and Halo Infinite right now.
Reply/Quote
Chained Echoes is a love-letter to the 16-bit era of JRPGs that doesn't suck. Not very far in, but very enjoyable so far. Makes plenty of references to some of the greats while still doing its own thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:58 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Chained Echoes is a love-letter to the 16-bit era of JRPGs that doesn't suck. Not very far in, but very enjoyable so far. Makes plenty of references to some of the greats while still doing its own thing.

I might check this one out.  I saw your post and looked at it on Steam and it looks promising.  

Though I am a bit confused.....it says the game was released 12/8....

There are dudes with 50+ hours played on it already and one dude with over 100 hours (that left reviews).  

Am i in danger of not sleeping because this game is so good?  Or is the release date wrong?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 09:09 PM)basballguy Wrote: I might check this one out.  I saw your post and looked at it on Steam and it looks promising.  

Though I am a bit confused.....it says the game was released 12/8....

There are dudes with 50+ hours played on it already and one dude with over 100 hours (that left reviews).  

Am i in danger of not sleeping because this game is so good?  Or is the release date wrong?

I think the release date is right? I don't know how hours are calculated, but it could be people idling or streamers looking to power through to post new content first. 

It is good, although I'm only about 4ish hours in. It has done (so far) a good job of combining the good elements of its JRPG predecessors. My knee-jerk reaction is as if Final Fantasy X and XII (IMO two of the stronger post PSX entries) had a love child and it was adopted into FFVI's home.

Honestly, some Indie developers have been putting out AAA quality work recently. And at 25 bucks as full price, I have no regrets. 
Reply/Quote
I 100% God of War Ragnorok, was going to start Alan Wake, but got on a Pokemon kick again so I whipped out my old copy of Shield and I'm going to actually try to finish a Pokemon for the first time in 10+ years before I get the newest one.
Reply/Quote
High on Life ( From Minds of rick and Morty) And Crysis Core FF7 are out today

Witcher 3s Next Gen Patch also comes out today i believe but not till 7pm
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 06:08 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I 100% God of War Ragnorok, was going to start Alan Wake, but got on a Pokemon kick again so I whipped out my old copy of Shield and I'm going to actually try to finish a Pokemon for the first time in 10+ years before I get the newest one.

Oh shit do you mind doing some trading later?

I’m finishing Scarlett and bought Sword.

To answer the OP I’m pretty much on a Madden binge right now. Whenever someone busts my ass and makes me wanna change games Iv been playing Callisto Protocol.

Fun game. Not very scary but good survival horror. The main actor of that game is one of my faves too. I wanna say he was the military leader guy in transformers
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:01 PM)Housh Wrote: Oh shit do you mind doing some trading later?

To answer the OP I’m pretty much on a Madden binge right now. Whenever someone busts my ass and makes me wanna change games Iv been playing Callisto Protocol.

Fun game. Not very scary but good survival horror. The main actor of that game is one of my faves too. I wanna say he was the military leader guy in transformers

Maybe? Depends on how long I play. I have a high propensity of quitting Pokémon games randomly ?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:01 PM)Housh Wrote: Oh shit do you mind doing some trading later?

I am ashamed to admit I never played these before...Until I got Scarlet as my first ever Pokemon game.  I never really understood the appeal but i'll be damned if this thing isn't slightly addicting.  

The new age of nintendo games haven't really been my thing but i got a couple friends that love them and it was funny (to me) playing and seeing the Jigglypuff dude (Smash Bros character) in there because I thought that was another character from one of the Kirby games (since its big a fluffy)

Though I went through the story fairly quickly (the game seems really easy) I"m not sure i'll get into multiplayer or complete any of the collections.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote