Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(12-19-2023, 10:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: People are filling you with a load of shit.  Haven't had a single lost save or even a bug yet on the XBOX Series X version of BG3.  No lag either in performance mode.
This is just one of a few articles I've read about XB BG3 and the save bug.

https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-xbox-save-files-lost-bug-fix-update/
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 10:05 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This is just one of a few articles I've read about XB BG3 and the save bug.

https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-xbox-save-files-lost-bug-fix-update/

i didnt experience any issue... But i know they patched it already... 

Just make sure to manually save each time and shouldnt be an issue.      but you play on ps5 so no need to worry about the xbox bug
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 11:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i didnt experience any issue... But i know they patched it already... 

Just make sure to manually save each time and shouldnt be an issue.      but you play on ps5 so no need to worry about the xbox bug
Yeah, the new sale had it 10% off so I caved. Will probably boot it up later tonight. I wasn't ever really into D&D much but I'm a huge RPG fan with a lot of not-just-Final Fantasy RPGs on my completion list. Hope I enjoy the hell out of it. What's the replayability like?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 06:59 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Yeah, the new sale had it 10% off so I caved. Will probably boot it up later tonight. I wasn't ever really into D&D much but I'm a huge RPG fan with a lot of not-just-Final Fantasy RPGs on my completion list. Hope I enjoy the hell out of it. What's the replayability like?

It's like huge. You can take many paths during the journey and play it with different classes ( you can respec your companions too ) so it makes it totally new. 

Besides that, there is no way in hell that you will find all the content in your first playthrough if you go blind which I highly recommend. 

There is just too much things to do. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 06:59 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Yeah, the new sale had it 10% off so I caved. Will probably boot it up later tonight. I wasn't ever really into D&D much but I'm a huge RPG fan with a lot of not-just-Final Fantasy RPGs on my completion list. Hope I enjoy the hell out of it. What's the replayability like?

well for instance i watched a video where a person listed off about 20 different ways they saw people tackle 1 particular quest or area.  lol    the possibilities are almost endless as far as what type of character you make as well which changes up gameplay each time.   

can play thru with just your character or a whole party or be one of the main characters themselves if you choose.

i hope to get a lot more time in this coming holiday.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, BG3 lasted less than a week on my SSD, and I wasted close to $70 of birth-mas gift PSN money. I get why people rave about it, it LOOKS phenomenal. But it's just not for me. All the reviews I read, videos of gameplay I watched, convinced me this was a must-play. I enjoy turn based, tactical RPGs but this game is entirely too difficult even on normal difficulty. I couldn't even make it to the Moontowers in Act 1. Tired of beating my head against the wall, deleted, cya!

Ahh well, lesson learned. No more buying AAA games at AAA prices. Tops I'm spending on a possible-disappointment is $35 moving forward.

Anyone get anything cool for Xmas? Or getting a chance to play something you haven't had time for until the holiday break?
Reply/Quote
You can get the difficulty down to exploration.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 06:20 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sadly, BG3 lasted less than a week on my SSD, and I wasted close to $70 of birth-mas gift PSN money.  I get why people rave about it, it LOOKS phenomenal. But it's just not for me. All the reviews I read, videos of gameplay I watched, convinced me this was a must-play. I enjoy turn based, tactical RPGs but this game is entirely too difficult even on normal difficulty. I couldn't even make it to the Moontowers in Act 1. Tired of beating my head against the wall, deleted, cya!

Ahh well, lesson learned. No more buying AAA games at AAA prices. Tops I'm spending on a possible-disappointment is $35 moving forward.

Anyone get anything cool for Xmas? Or getting a chance to play something you haven't had time for until the holiday break?

i tend not to buy anything Day 1 (full price) unless i already know im gonna love it.   Which is less and less these days.   And will be even less now that 70$ is the norm.

Got Cash for Xmas.   and got to put more time into starfield..     Also put in Dead rising  4 for a few hours for the christmas feels lol
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 06:20 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sadly, BG3 lasted less than a week on my SSD, and I wasted close to $70 of birth-mas gift PSN money.  I get why people rave about it, it LOOKS phenomenal. But it's just not for me. All the reviews I read, videos of gameplay I watched, convinced me this was a must-play. I enjoy turn based, tactical RPGs but this game is entirely too difficult even on normal difficulty. I couldn't even make it to the Moontowers in Act 1. Tired of beating my head against the wall, deleted, cya!

If I remember correctly you had given up on Elden Ring in a similarly speedy fashion. These games are pretty involved with a high learning curve. It's a great game, but at the same time the D&D style might not be for you. I'd suggest coming at it again at a later date, maybe even starting from scratch equipped with what you learned from your playthrough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 04:23 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If I remember correctly you had given up on Elden Ring in a similarly speedy fashion. These games are pretty involved with a high learning curve. It's a great game, but at the same time the D&D style might not be for you. I'd suggest coming at it again at a later date, maybe even starting from scratch equipped with what you learned from your playthrough.
I went back to it and enjoyed it for the most part. Multiple play throughs too! Couldn't ever keep my attention past NG+ but I eventually ended up liking ER for the most part. Might even get the DLC if it ever actually releases.

In hindsight I probably should have just bought Tactics Ogre rather than BG3. Too much stuff "going on in the background" and tabletop rules I have long forgotten. Just not my cup-o-tea I guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 04:56 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I went back to it and enjoyed it for the most part. Multiple play throughs too! Couldn't ever keep my attention past NG+ but I eventually ended up liking ER for the most part. Might even get the DLC if it ever actually releases.

In hindsight I probably should have just bought Tactics Ogre rather than BG3. Too much stuff "going on in the background" and tabletop rules I have long forgotten. Just not my cup-o-tea I guess.

And that happens...  Not every "Great" game will be Great for everyone there are plenty of games i get told are amazing or Great just to be totally underwhelmed or not interested in at all. and sometimes thats a byproduct of the hype itself.
Reply/Quote
been playing a bit of Tin Hearts here and there... a more modern 3d Lemmings like game. (if you like lemmings also check out Flockers)

its a nice little break from bigger games
Reply/Quote
After the Visions of Mana trailer I've started going through some of the older Mana titles.

Made it through the first three installments easily enough, as they're among my favorite games ever. But Legend of Mana for the PSX is just a game that I was never truly able to get into. The soundtrack and art are amazing. The mechanics of the game with the orchard, pets, crafting are deep, although very rather poorly and unintuitively explained. But the actual gameplay and lack of a centralized story are such slogs.
Reply/Quote
Just rolled Credits on Starfield had an amazing time... NG+ looks intriguing but ill wait for a bit as i am missing 2 powers from the first playthrough (i put in a ticket). So ill put it down for a bit and wait for a patch and dlc. Finally built some bases and started connecting outpost mainly for crafting materials. Not to bad but cant do as much as i want till i level up some skills. ill build a proper one later down the line

Finished around Level 70 and about 200 hours.

Completed the DLC for Remnant 2... And all its achievements. Takes 1 full playthru of the DLC then rerolling the adventure mode version till you get the right dungeons.
This was a nice story addition to the main game and it syncs into the rest of the biome perfectly.

Next up.

Finish Tin Hearts and Bullet Storm
Work on BG3
Start Rise of the Tomb Raider.

and some smaller titles here and there.

Nothing on my radar for 2024 games till Dragons Dogma 2 in March... (at least for games we know the dates for)
Reply/Quote
Playstation release a trailer for the games they expect to have in 2024...

Rumors indicate Xbox will have another Dev Direct early this year. to show off some early games and give release dates.

Here is a list of upcoming 2024 games... with dates if known.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2024

earlier games im looking at
Dragons Dogma 2
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster.

Tomb raider trilogy Remaster *(likely wait for a sale)
And I believe Hellblade 2 will be early 2024. (but will have to wait and see)

and very interested to see how Skull and Bones does when it launches
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 11:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just rolled Credits on Starfield had an amazing time...  NG+ looks intriguing but ill wait for a bit as i am missing 2 powers from the first playthrough (i put in a ticket).  So ill put it down for a bit and wait for a patch and dlc.   Finally built some bases and started connecting outpost  mainly for crafting materials.  Not to bad but cant do as much as i want till i level up some skills.  ill build a proper one later down the line

Finished around Level 70  and about 200 hours.

Glad you enjoyed it.  I've already deleted it off my HD.  haha

Currently at the start of ACT 2 (I guess???) in BG3.  Just hit level 6.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 04:45 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: After the Visions of Mana trailer I've started going through some of the older Mana titles.

Made it through the first three installments easily enough, as they're among my favorite games ever. But Legend of Mana for the PSX is just a game that I was never truly able to get into. The soundtrack and art are amazing. The mechanics of the game with the orchard, pets, crafting are deep, although very rather poorly and unintuitively explained. But the actual gameplay and lack of a centralized story are such slogs.

wait, another secret of mana is coming out?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 08:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: wait, another secret of mana is coming out?

Not sure what you mean by "another secret of Mana". If you mean another version of Secret of Mana, the 2nd installment of the Mana series no. Unfortunately they botched the remake.

The next mainline game (5th) in the Mana series is going to be released in 2024. Called Visions of Mana. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 01:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "another secret of Mana". If you mean another version of Secret of Mana, the 2nd installment of the Mana series no. Unfortunately they botched the remake.

The next mainline game (5th) in the Mana series is going to be released in 2024. Called Visions of Mana. 

that's what I mean, another game in the SOM series. Granted everything past seiken densetsu 3, sucked.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 09:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Currently at the start of ACT 2 (I guess???) in BG3.  Just hit level 6.

How many hours to go to that point lol?

Finished The Last Door (PnC inspired by Edgar Allen Poe)
Rise of the Tomb Raider is started and moving along.
Reply/Quote