Poll: What Does Your Instinct Tell You, Do We Make Playoffs?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Does Your Instinct Tell You, Do We Make Playoffs?
Jets didn't beat Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:08 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We go 8 - 1 down the stretch  Dancing  with our lost only coming from the Browns. Clev Sux

So far we are 4 - 0 with my predictions with wins over Carolina, Pitt, Tenn and KC.  Cool
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wow..This was a really negative thread for the most part..It hasn't aged well IMO.. Personally I think this next week is when Burrow breaks the Browns curse. Watson may have been OK in Houston, but he didn't have to face Burrow and the Bengals right out of the gate.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 09:40 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wow..This was a really negative thread for the most part..It hasn't aged well IMO.. Personally I think this next week is when Burrow breaks the Browns curse. Watson may have been OK in Houston, but he didn't have to face Burrow and the Bengals right out of the gate.. ThumbsUp

Watson was terrible in Houston, lol. Fastballs in the turf, terrible INT in the endzone. The defense and special teams won that game. I hope we kick the ever loving shit out of them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I see us definitely making the playoffs. I think we'll win the next 3 games. And, honestly, as fired up as the Chiefs may be to face us again this year, I think we finally put together a complete game and beat them and the momentum from that win will propel us back to the playoffs, possibly even as the division winner.

.......and the Nostradamus Award goes to..... Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 12:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall really think we are going to go 6-3 to close out the year? Who is going to stop these QB's? Apple and CTB?

This team is in big trouble, and the denial on here is..... something.

Someone point me to the 6 wins... And please remember the QB's and teams we have already proven unable to beat.

Welp...... they've got four of em so far, lol. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:08 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We go 8 - 1 down the stretch  Dancing  with our lost only coming from the Browns. Clev Sux

Well, I was wrong with 9 games left in the schedule I predicted 8 - 1 with the only loss to the Browns.
We are 5 - 0 since I made my prediction and have an excellent chance of going 8 -1 or even 9 - 0.
A lot of people laughed when I said 8 - 1 after we lost on Halloween to the Browns, but who's laughing now? 

P.S. Only 39.73% of you voted that we would make the playoffs!!! Hand in your Bengal badges!!! Rant

[Image: blazing-saddles.gif]
Reply/Quote
Of course we're making the playoffs. Only question is will it be as Division Champs or wild card.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:02 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Well, I was wrong with 9 games left in the schedule I predicted 8 - 1 with the only loss to the Browns.
We are 5 - 0 since I made my prediction and have an excellent chance of going 8 -1 or even 9 - 0.
A lot of people laughed when I said 8 - 1 after we lost on Halloween to the Browns, but who's laughing now? 

P.S. Only 39.73% of you voted that we would make the playoffs!!! Hand in your Bengal badges!!! Rant

[Image: blazing-saddles.gif]

Team still has 4 games to play so I wouldn't pat yourself too much just yet in this crazy world they call the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:11 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Team still has 4 games to play so I wouldn't pat yourself too much just yet in this crazy world they call the NFL.

Hey higgy!! Hand in your Bengal Badge. Rant

We are either going 4 - 1 or 5 - 0 the rest of the way.

So says Bengal Yankee ...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9TKK5Dlx2gzC0OCOufpk...w&usqp=CAU] Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 11:57 AM)Mer Wrote: I think we make the playoffs and still have a great chance at the division. All you guys crying about being 0-3 in the division must not be thinking straight. Yes, head to head matters if you're tied with someone, but we could go 0-6 in the division and still win it as long as we have the best record in the division at the end of the season. We still have Baltimore and Cleveland at home as well. I know we have, what looks like, a tough second half schedule but this team typically plays to its competition and honestly wins a lot of those games. I do believe the offense needs adjusted until Chase gets back, though. And please give the other RBs more opportunities to carry the ball. I've been saying for a few years now that Mixon isn't a premiere back and his lack of long runs is all the proof I need. And when he falls down in the open field, which typically happens a few times a season, I go ballistic. :rant

So far so good on my prediction. They even made some adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 10:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: .......and the Nostradamus Award goes to..... Cool

Not to toot my own horn but

[Image: OIP.GPQGWIsbhSUk9hRQURqJtQHaEI?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]

TOOT TOO MOTHER TRUCKERS!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Holy shit there were a lot of doubters when this poll was made. Shocked

Reply/Quote
I must’ve stayed outta this one earlier because i didn’t thin we’d recover

At this point we are probably a lock to make one of the wildcards

Having wins over Miami and New York is important
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I’ll own it. I doubted. With the 0-2 start, Burrow still running for his life and throwing picks, the seemingly clueless-how-to-beat-Cover 2 gameplans, the debacle on the road in Cleveland, etc. I wasn’t sure we’d recover in time with the strength of schedule we have. What a difference a gelled offensive line makes! What a difference a big winning streak makes!

It’s gonna take some time for me to shed the “oh no, here we go again” mentality when it comes to my team. The 90s developed it. The 2000’s + were much better but did little to alleviate it. Had great teams that would One & Done so often they could have trademarked the phrase. It’s gonna take some time…but a SuperBowl WIN would go a loooooong way towards curing it!
Reply/Quote
Imagine winning out and the Chiefs shit the bed vs the Seahawks and we get the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: We are 4-4 and the conversations on both sides of the table continue on this teams destination this year.

My question is simple, what does your gut tell you? Do we make it to the playoffs this year?

Not statistically, mathematically but your feeling as Bengal fan.

This was a great thread started back in November when we were 4-4 and looking at a very tough schedule. Of course, we have gone on a tear, but still have a tough schedule ahead. I could see us losing 2 or 3 games or I can see us winning 3 or 4.

TB may be worst team left on our schedule, a win this week I think secures a playoff spot. We need to go 10-7 minimum to get in. Of course I would love 13-4, but very tough road ahead to make that happen.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:31 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I’ll own it. I doubted. With the 0-2 start, Burrow still running for his life and throwing picks, the seemingly clueless-how-to-beat-Cover 2 gameplans, the debacle on the road in Cleveland, etc. I wasn’t sure we’d recover in time with the strength of schedule we have. What a difference a gelled offensive line makes! What a difference a big winning streak makes!

It’s gonna take some time for me to shed the “oh no, here we go again” mentality when it comes to my team. The 90s developed it. The 2000’s +  were much better but did little to alleviate it. Had great teams that would One & Done so often they could have trademarked the phrase. It’s gonna take some time…but a SuperBowl WIN would go a loooooong way towards curing it!

Naw, I've been watching since 1968 and have no problem realizing this team is so much different than any of it's past incarnations. Why waste it by holding on to negative feelings. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:11 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Team still has 4 games to play so I wouldn't pat yourself too much just yet in this crazy world they call the NFL.

99% chance of making the playoffs.

I don't see how anyone could see it not happening, at this point.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 99% chance of making the playoffs.

I don't see how anyone could see it not happening, at this point.

I'm not doubting about making the playoffs, just saying don't toast just yet about going 4-0/3-1 the rest of these games which is one of his predictions. .
Reply/Quote