Poll: What Does Your Instinct Tell You, Do We Make Playoffs?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Does Your Instinct Tell You, Do We Make Playoffs?
Correct me if I am wrong, but if my math is right, With Bengals win and Patriots and Jets lose next weekend, wouldn't that lock up a playoff spot with 3 games left.
Reply/Quote
I admit I was pessimistic. However, now the team looks great even with the injuries. We make the playoffs. Do we win the Super Bowl?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:46 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I admit I was pessimistic. However, now the team looks great even with the injuries. We make the playoffs. Do we win the Super Bowl?

[Image: pretends-to-be-shocked-blanket.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:39 PM)WHODEY FEVER Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but if my math is right, With Bengals win and Patriots and Jets lose next weekend, wouldn't that lock up a playoff spot with 3 games left.

If the Patriots lose tonight as well, yes.
If they win tonight, they could still have a chance even if they lose next weekend due to tiebreaker rules.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 03:03 PM)J24 Wrote: The Awuzie is a backbreaker for me.

In my defense we did lose an all pro CB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I was pessimistic after the Browns loss. The Oline still hadn't shown that it could handle the kind of Dlines we would have to win against to make it through this run of tough teams late in the season. Also, the competition in the AFC looked tougher at that stage.

When the Oline gave Burrow good time in Pittsburgh there was a ray of hope. Wins against TN and KC showed the combination of talent, adaptability, and resilience they'll need to make it in.
Reply/Quote
I'm not as close to the team as you guys are, but I'm assuming objectively a Division Title and a Home Playoff game are coming. Already making plans to drive up from Pensacola. Hope I'm not being naive about Baltimore's chances with their QB injuries.
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of injuries. Still, I feel a lot better about their chances since that horrible game on Halloween. They can ice their chances with wins against the Buccaneers and Patriots. In a home playoff game, assuming they also beat the Ravens, it would be great to see the Chargers come in so the Bengals can beat the yellow bolts off them and put an end to the who-is-better, Burrow or Herbert talk, maybe even in a freezer bowl 2.0 type situation. Does anyone else remember that awful playoff game Andy had against them?
Reply/Quote
Some of you guys never learned the lesson from The Santa Clause movie trilogy (and a hit TV series now streaming on Disney+!): seeing isn't believing; believing is seeing. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:19 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: There are a lot of injuries. Still, I feel a lot better about their chances since that horrible game on Halloween. They can ice their chances with wins against the Buccaneers and Patriots. In a home playoff game, assuming they also beat the Ravens, it would be great to see the Chargers come in so the Bengals can beat the yellow bolts off them and put an end to the who-is-better, Burrow or Herbert talk, maybe even in a freezer bowl 2.0 type situation. Does anyone else remember that awful playoff game Andy had against them?

[Image: 52c9c5036bb3f796154f26d8?width=1200&format=jpeg]

Yes.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No
2MinutesHate, Arturo Bandini, bengals73, Boomer Anderson, Chezaugie, Clark W Griswold, count35, Destro, DYT_Bengal, ezekiel23, Forever Spinning Vinyl, Fullrock, GodFather, guyofthetiger, hollodero, Interceptor, J24, jason, jcfreeman0, jerrydmc, jj22, LSUfaninTN, M.W., mallorian69, NUGDUKWE, OBX Bengal, ochocincos, PCB Bengal Fan, R3stangs, reuben.ahmed, Roland, Sanforbd, Section101fan, SHRacerX, SladeX, sonofstat, TecmoBengals, TheFan, Thundercloud, Trademark, Whacked, whosyerbengal, XenoMorph, yoed

[Image: shooting-in-the-air-shooting.gif]

These are the members who predicted the Bengals don't make the playoffs!!! Remember them.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:19 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: There are a lot of injuries. Still, I feel a lot better about their chances since that horrible game on Halloween. They can ice their chances with wins against the Buccaneers and Patriots. In a home playoff game, assuming they also beat the Ravens, it would be great to see the Chargers come in so the Bengals can beat the yellow bolts off them and put an end to the who-is-better, Burrow or Herbert talk, maybe even in a freezer bowl 2.0 type situation. Does anyone else remember that awful playoff game Andy had against them?

Nice post WGBenGal. We are pretty banged up but the trenches are still pretty sound except for Trey's wrist. We can still win at 
least 3 more games and could even win out if the Defense keeps playing like it is and the trenches and Burrow stay healthy.

Would love to play the Bolts in the Playoffs and destroy them, I think we will if we get them.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: No
2MinutesHate, Arturo Bandini, bengals73, Boomer Anderson, Chezaugie, Clark W Griswold, count35, Destro, DYT_Bengal, ezekiel23, Forever Spinning Vinyl, Fullrock, GodFather, guyofthetiger, hollodero, Interceptor, J24, jason, jcfreeman0, jerrydmc, jj22, LSUfaninTN, M.W., mallorian69, NUGDUKWE, OBX Bengal, ochocincos, PCB Bengal Fan, R3stangs, reuben.ahmed, Roland, Sanforbd, Section101fan, SHRacerX, SladeX, sonofstat, TecmoBengals, TheFan, Thundercloud, Trademark, Whacked, whosyerbengal, XenoMorph, yoed

These are the members who predicted the Bengals don't make the playoffs!!! Remember them.  Ninja

Yep, I was on the list of "No" back when the team was 4-4.
But this current team is playing FAR better than that 4-4 team was.
If the team was playing like it is now, it'd be easier to think they'd have been a playoff team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:04 AM)Since1970 Wrote: I'm not as close to the team as you guys are, but I'm assuming objectively a Division Title and a Home Playoff game are coming. Already making plans to drive up from Pensacola. Hope I'm not being naive about Baltimore's chances with their QB injuries.

The Ravens seem to just get incredibly lucky. They should be on a 3 game losing streak right now, but Denver is a complete let down and they injured Pickett, who was replaced by Mitch, who threw 3 interceptions. They'll probably find a way to squeak a win out of Cleveland too, and then Lamar is on track to play on Christmas Eve, last I heard, against the Falcons. Rematch against the Steelers with Lamar should go Baltimore's way, so it really does come down to our week 17 match up with them.

The problem is we have to keep pace with them up until that meeting, which means we'll need to win out as well. Our winning out is much more difficult than their, as we go to New England, we play Tom Brady (who, even as old as he is, could always spring one on you) and then host Buffalo, which is far from a gimme win.

I think the 2 or 3 seed is a definite possibility for us, but I give it a 70-30 odds that we're a wild card.

Which may be a good thing, cuz that means we'd travel to Tennessee who are in the midst of an implosion at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep, I was on the list of "No" back when the team was 4-4.
But this current team is playing FAR better than that 4-4 team was.
If the team was playing like it is now, it'd be easier to think they'd have been a playoff team.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-Does-Your-Instinct-Tell-You-Do-We-Make-Playoffs?pid=1275415#pid1275415

Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: No

Well ya see...the mixup was I thought he meant did I think we as fans would make the playoffs. I live in Houston wouldn't be able to make the game so I chose No. I knew the Bengals were going to make it all along... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:52 PM)TheFan Wrote: Well ya see...the mixup was I thought he meant did I think we as fans would make the playoffs. I live in Houston wouldn't be able to make the game so I chose No. I knew the Bengals were going to make it all along... Ninja

[Image: tumblr_nm4cku2doB1tq4of6o1_500.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:39 PM)WHODEY FEVER Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but if my math is right, With Bengals win and Patriots and Jets lose next weekend, wouldn't that lock up a playoff spot with 3 games left.

Add a Dolphins loss to the Bills and I think that is a clinch for us. But that's just from me playing with the playoff simulator.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Add a Dolphins loss to the Bills and I think that is a clinch for us. But that's just from me playing with the playoff simulator.

totally forgot about this gem....

Now to go waste the next hour of my day.

Edit: It is mathematically impossible for all 4 AFCN teams to make the playoffs. I recall last year i found a scenario with 2 games left where they were all in.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Yes I remember, unfortunately I was there to witness it live. Takes skill to fumble when nobody touches you smh
Reply/Quote