Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
I'd go Foster or Fournette regardless. I think Foster might be like Kuechly which really would transform the team.

re: Mike Williams - AJ Green is around 29. He probably has 3-4 really good years left. If we add Williams...and he pans out...we'd have a dominant WR as Green declined. Kind of like what the Falcons did with Roddy White and Julio Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I still would not have paid him 12 mil tag.. go with youth and see what happens for me. Dalton got hurt with Whit at LT also.. so you never know

Did he get hurt on a blindside hit from a rusher beating Whit?  If not, that is strictly strawman.

If they were gonna pay him ten, why not twelve?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 04:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd go Foster or Fournette regardless. I think Foster might be like Kuechly which really would transform the team.

re: Mike Williams - AJ Green is around 29. He probably has 3-4 really good years left. If we add Williams...and he pans out...we'd have a dominant WR as Green declined. Kind of like what the Falcons did with Roddy White and Julio Jones.

If you feel Williams we be an elite WR and Foster will be an elite LB which one do you take? That's a hard question.

Think an elite LB dominates a game more than an elite WR but that's just me. Just look at Burfict, he finds a way to magically be involved in most tackles on the field inside of 10 yards. How do you even do that
Reply/Quote
I am between a C- and a D, leaning heavily towards the D. The only place they improved is linebacker, but severely declined on the offensive line and got a year older at some spots that need improvement.

I agree with those who said it was time for Peko to go, but people talking about how great Billings will be are beyond eternal optimists... the guy fell to the fourth round during the draft and has never played in an NFL game. Both he and WJIII are giant question marks at this point.
Reply/Quote
D, and I'm being generous.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 04:46 PM)Housh Wrote: If you feel Williams we be an elite WR and Foster will be an elite LB which one do you take? That's a hard question.

Think an elite LB dominates a game more than an elite WR but that's just me. Just look at Burfict, he finds a way to magically be involved in most tackles on the field inside of 10 yards. How do you even do that

On a team with AJ Green and Tyler Effect, an elite WR would make more an impact.  I think the LB position is somewhat lost these days with all the 3 and 4 wide sets that teams run.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: C- Letting Whit go was terrible in my opinion and really hurt this already weak Offensive Line.

Bringing in Andre at RG was a good move and Minter was a great grab that honestly surprised me.

Also liked us bringing back Lafell, Kirkpatrick and Peerman.

Sucked losing Burkhead.

Letting the OL regress at LT was a bad move even though Og will be better.

Should of replaced PA and Bodine this Offseason.

My exact thoughts. I would have liked to keep Burkhead over Peerman. The only thing I disagree with is the grade. I give them a D+ the plus is for finally letting go of some under achievers.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Incomplete

^
This!
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ^
This!
Agreed.

Reply/Quote
Welp. After the comments from Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis about Adam Jones, it's a F.

They have not learned their lesson. And won't.

So, it's a F.

Don't even offer Zeitler a contract. Let Whit walk. Resign Andre Smith to a bigger deal than he got last year, and he's coming off of injuries and playing a position he never played before. Won't cut Adam Jones even though he still has legal problems and still has charges against him. Could have saved money, plus he's declining.

Minter over Maualuga is the best move.

We are worse off than we were before free agency.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 01:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Part of my reason for optimism is the fact that they have gotten rid of Peko and Maualuga...who were both drains on the team. Losing them should make us faster and younger.

Burkhead was never going to be a starter here. That was a pipe dream. He needed to go to a team like the Pats that is creative.

Whitworth was the oldest starting Tackle in the NFL last season. He's not going to play at an elite level much longer. Losing him as an elite performer was coming one way or the other. It sucks...

As I look at it...we knew Zeitler was leaving...so we're Whitworth down and we gained Smith and Minter.

He's not going to be a starter there either.
Reply/Quote
I refuse to act like losing Burkhead mattered at all

Your can draft a Rex in ANY round of the draft
Reply/Quote
F
Reply/Quote
No real grades, but I'd give them a participation trophy. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
F. I mean really. No matter how you spin it we've lost a ton and picked up 2 free agents (including one we tried to run out of town a year ago).

We passed up young options to fill the back end of the roster, and made players that could have been signed after the draft (Winston, Gilberry) priority signings.

We haven't solved the discipline issues (lack of poise) in big game. Still employing some suspect character guys who seem to fall apart in big moments.

I'm only really counting one true outside free agent singing, but that's just not enough at this time to counter what all this a 6-9-1 team loss.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 11:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Welp. After the comments from Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis about Adam Jones, it's a F.

They have not learned their lesson. And won't.

So, it's a F.

Don't even offer Zeitler a contract. Let Whit walk. Resign Andre Smith to a bigger deal than he got last year, and he's coming off of injuries and playing a position he never played before. Won't cut Adam Jones even though he still has legal problems and still has charges against him. Could have saved money, plus he's declining.

Minter over Maualuga is the best move.

We are worse off than we were before free agency.

I understand you are happy as are many others. However, I am pretty sure the Vikes paid Smith a bigger contract in 2016 (3.5 Million) than the Bengals signed him for in 2017 (3 million). Half a million dollars is a lot of money.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote