Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I was impressed with last night.
mostly I was impressed with our starting Defense. Geno looks 100%. Carlos is just an animal. That being said, I think Will Clarke took a step last night that is going to turn a corner for him. On the other side, Hunt has got to go. just looked lost, still. I think hardison looked great. And my man vigil looks like hes trying to get a starting job.

I thought the WR core looked great too. I was worried with the loss of Jones/sanu it'd be trouble, but i feel a little better after last night. Thought core looked good. Erikson I think is pushing for good spot with us. Boyd showed last night how he got 1,000 yard seasons, with no QB play in college. Kid is going to be a star.

I also hope that we keep Rashaun Simonise. Guy is pretty quick for someone that is 6'5. I think he has the hands and the rest of the tools to make it in the nfl, plus he's hungry.

Was pretty excited last night with the first string offense, and then nugent walked on the field.

thought in general?
what did everyone think of Rashaun?
Reply/Quote
Besides the obvious I liked Core and Hill.

I know it was limited action but just liked how both were moving. Core looks faster and stronger than everyone and Hill seemed to get back his style that was successful his rookie year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to get too excited about Simonise yet as he was working in the 4th quarter against players who may not make the final 53 with the Vikings. That said, I did like his energy and would be happy to have him on the practice squad at least. Or if he makes our roster I'd be fine with that. Basically I trust the coaches.

The same goes for Alex Erickson, though everything we saw last night looked great. Sure he was open for the TD but he still did catch it (sometimes guys won't) and turned and got into the endzone. The edge run got 3 yards but almost went for more. And of course there was the punt return -- this was the flashiest moment, but also the one that probably came against some guys pretty far back on the depth chart. Anyways, I hope he's doing the same stuff in training camp and that he makes the 53 but if not, I trust the coaches to know the right call.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 02:14 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Besides the obvious I liked Core and Hill.  

I know it was limited action but just liked how both were moving.  Core looks faster and stronger than everyone and Hill seemed to get back his style that was successful his rookie year

Did we lose Hewitt for the year last season, or just a couple games? 
 I can't remember  I saw hill line up in the I formation with Hewitt leading the way.

That's what hill needs I understand we wanna run out if shotgun alot but hill is at his best with a lead blocker.
There's no reason hill can't come back to his 2014 form. He's a man on a mission after what happened last year 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 01:26 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: mostly I was impressed with our starting Defense. Geno looks 100%. Carlos is just an animal. That being said, I think Will Clarke took a step last night that is going to turn a corner for him. On the other side, Hunt has got to go. just looked lost, still. I think hardison looked great.  And my man vigil looks like hes trying to get a starting job.

I thought the WR core looked great too. I was worried with the loss of Jones/sanu it'd be trouble, but i feel a little better after last night. Thought core looked good. Erikson I think is pushing for good spot with us. Boyd showed last night how he got 1,000 yard seasons, with no QB play in college. Kid is going to be a star.

I also hope that we keep Rashaun Simonise. Guy is pretty quick for someone that is 6'5. I think he has the hands and the rest of the tools to make it in the nfl, plus he's hungry.

Was pretty excited last night with the first string offense, and then nugent walked on the field.

thought in general?
what did everyone think of Rashaun?

Look out for Geno this year, he looks better than ever. Same with Carlos and with Clarke, Hardison and even Ryan Brown
showing some good stuff i feel much better about the End depth. No need for Hunt if he does not even try, we need hunger
to make plays out there, it doesn't matter how tall or strong you are if you have no passion or technique.

Love Simonise after last night's one big play by him. He just snatched the ball out of the air like AJ Green and ran with speed.
This guy could be great along with Cody Core and of course Boyd who has it all but elite speed. Feeling really good about the
WR position after last night. Erickson should make this team too with his hands, quickness, smarts and decision making.

Also have to give a shout out to that Dean at DT who looked pretty damn good. Making me feel better about the loss of my
bro Billings. The D-line could be the best in the league this year as long as we keep the best players, very deep.

Vigil looks good and so does Flowers in spurts who is very talented. Dawson needs to stop overpursuing and start filling the
damn hole. As much hate as Hunt has got, rightfully so the backup LB'ers need to run to the ball better. Talking to you Jim
Haslett.

Urban needs to get some credit for what he has done with these young WR's BTW.

Edit: and ohhh Christian Westerman was a great pickup, Munoz was singing his praises.
Reply/Quote
I was impressed with the fact that there was no meltdown in this forum because the Bengals lost a preseason game.
Reply/Quote
Marcus Hardison:
https://vine.co/v/5hu1aDgtVa7

Slammed the OL back into the movement guy, and then shoved the RB out of the way like he was a grown man playing against high schoolers. He took 3 people out of that play alone.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Bonus impressed: That just by being tall and athletic, you can make millions of dollars despite not knowing how to actually play football, or apparently have even any desire to play football anymore. (Margus Hunt)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton looked sharp. The D line looked like monsters. I was impressed with Core and Boyd, hope one of them makes the #2 spot.

Erickson was a nice surprise.

I'm worried about our secondary with the injuries and losing Reggie Nelson. His leaving is really going to bite us I'm afraid
Reply/Quote
Basically we saw that Hunt, Brown and Wenning should be in the first round of cuts.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 05:07 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Dalton looked sharp.  The D line looked like monsters.  I was impressed with Core and Boyd, hope one of them makes the #2 spot.

Erickson was a nice surprise.

I'm worried about our secondary with the injuries and losing Reggie Nelson.  His leaving is really going to bite us I'm afraid

with number 30 trying to get the first down near the end zone and getting stopped was a bummer,but if number 32 had been in there,I feel like we would have scored a TD.But jeremey hill hurt his hand and never returned to the game after that.any updates on his injury??

I really liked Virgil.He played like a beast and when number 55 returns and with rey rey,number 58,number 55 and number 59 we are set for our linebackers.I was so hoping Andrew Billings would be in the rotation.I hope he plays this season.I also liked Deshaun Williams and Hardison.I think our D will be very very good,and our offense will start clicking early.I overall liked what I saw last night.They will need to upgrade the backup offensive line.They will struggle to block for qbs.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 05:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Basically we saw that Hunt, Brown and Wenning should be in the first round of cuts.

Keep Hunt until last cuts. Use him as a camp body to reduce injury chances for others.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 09:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: Keep Hunt until last cuts. Use him as a camp body to reduce injury chances for others.

Nah, don't need to let go kids who are trying hard before that guy.

Side Note: Your mood shouldn't be "Vigil", it should be "Vigilant."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Think Defense will be one of the best in NFL this season.

Like what I saw in Boyd and Core and with two spots to fill that this is important. Especially since we only drafted 2 WR's.

But still will hold my breath all year AJ stays healthy. AJ Green and Tyler Eifferts health will be crucial to Bengals offensive success this season.

Better bubble wrap them always except for when playing to minimize chances.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just watched the game (condensed) on GamePass.

Hunt - As others have mentioned. No awareness, motor, instinct. Not a single decent play
Clark - Opposite of Hunt. Hope he continues

Brown / Hillary / Tindal - Nothing impressive. Bad angels, getting there late, missed tackles.
Carson - Making a case for our 4th RB depending on ST ability
Erickson - If he makes a few more plays and gets cut. Will not last long on PS
Lucata - I want to see a bit more before crowning him 3rd QB
Core - As advertised in camp. Not only will he make the roster but he'll be pushing for significant snaps
Kumerow - If he disappears again, PS. Too much competition for the remaining WR spots
Boyd- He'll be starting. I want to see more separation though.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 10:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Defense will be one of the best in NFL this season.

Like what I saw in Boyd and Core and with two spots to fill that this is important. Especially since we only drafted 2 WR's.

But still will hold my breath all year AJ stays healthy. AJ Green and Tyler Eifferts health will be crucial to Bengals offensive success this season.

Better bubble wrap them always except for when playing to minimize chances.

Not with Hunt .

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:09 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Just watched the game (condensed) on GamePass.

Hunt - As others have mentioned. No awareness, motor, instinct. Not a single decent play
Clark - Opposite of Hunt. Hope he continues

Brown / Hillary / Tindal - Nothing impressive. Bad angels, getting there late, missed tackles.
Carson - Making a case for our 4th RB depending on ST ability
Erickson - If he makes a few more plays and gets cut. Will not last long on PS
Lucata - I want to see a bit more before crowning him 3rd QB
Core - As advertised in camp. Not only will he make the roster but he'll be pushing for significant snaps
Kumerow - If he disappears again, PS. Too much competition for the remaining  WR spots
Boyd- He'll be starting. I want to see more separation though.

So you think Birkhead is on the bubble?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you think Birkhead is on the bubble?

I wouldn't say that. I'd consider Peerman more on the bubble than Burkhead even though he's the 3rd RB.

Carson can replace Peerman if he shows up on ST. Even though I like Peerman and he's our ST Ace, If either Hill/Gio went down, I'd be more comfortable having Carson back up (at the moment, yes it's one preseason game but he he continues...)

Burkhead still has a niche on the team

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:36 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I wouldn't say that. I'd consider Peerman more on the bubble than Burkhead even though he's the 3rd RB.

Carson can replace Peerman if he shows up on ST. Even though I like Peerman and he's our ST Ace, If either Hill/Gio went down, I'd be more comfortable having Carson back up (at the moment, yes it's one preseason game but he he continues...)

Burkhead still has a niche on the team

Peerman is safe on the roster, he continued to show his value in the 1st preseason game plus he is an All Pro on Special teams.. if anyone would go it would be Burkhead but I don;t see that either.. Carson to practice squad maybe.
Reply/Quote
And that's totally fine with me. I agree. I've been a full supporter of Peerman and will be happy with the current RB situation.

Reply/Quote
Waas Burkhead hurt, hence why he didn't play?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote