Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
This reminds me of the famous Hard Knocks scene where Mike Brown at a coaches meeting suggested moving a DL who was about to be cut, be moved to TE (guy had NEVER played TE) and the coaches looked like wtf !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 11:58 AM)Curtis85 Wrote: This reminds me of the famous Hard Knocks scene where Mike Brown at a coaches meeting suggested moving a DL who was about to be cut, be moved to TE (guy had NEVER played TE) and the coaches looked like wtf !

cant take what was happening at the time to far out of context.

All our TEs were hurt... we just lost reggie for the season and utech was out with a concussion. We were down to a Recovering Chase Coffman. And you need bodies for practice.

That DE went on to play for the cardinals for a while.
Reply/Quote
Can this thread go down as one of the greatest in this boards short history? I think it has a chance! It should at least never be forgotten for the exposing of Fred's complete ignorance to how defense actually works in football.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 12:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Can this thread go down as one of the greatest in this boards short history? I think it has a chance! It should at least never be forgotten for the exposing of Fred's complete ignorance to how defense actually works in football.

Do you have a personal vendetta against fred that you make mention of this in every post?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 11:58 AM)Curtis85 Wrote: This reminds me of the famous Hard Knocks scene where Mike Brown at a coaches meeting suggested moving a DL who was about to be cut, be moved to TE (guy had NEVER played TE) and the coaches looked like wtf !

That was some funny stuff...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Do you have a personal vendetta against fred that you make mention of this in every post?

Nope, however for someone who came off so smug when defending his horrible idea as it being some sort of genius without actually understanding how defense works (as he has shown in this thread), he deserves to be lambasted for it.
Reply/Quote
Everybody needs to bookmark this thread.  I am about to eat some crow.

I played in Div-ll over 30 yeas ago.  Things were much different back then.  everything was about stopping the run.  Our SS was more like a LB and our OLBs often played so close to the line it looked like we were running a 5-2 front.  The pass defense schemes we used were probably more primitive than what they use in high school today.   I feel like the old guy at the Y who still thinks he can run the floor with the young guys and immediately pulls a hammy.

That being said if I had just stopped to think a minute instead of bragging about what an expert I was I would have made a much more intelligent reply.  I have seen CBs sit in zones and not just match up on the first receiver available.  I've seen DBs pass off a receiver to another defender when leave a zone.  Sometimes my mouth (typing fingers) just run faster than my brain.

But the reason this is so epic is that it happened in a thread where I was comparing myself with Belichik who was a genius DC before he was a genius HC.

So call your friends.  I have admitted I am wrong before.  That is not as rare as some people claim.  But I don't think I have ever stuck my foot as far into my mouth as I did in this thread.  I was tempted to go back and delete the post where I was bragging about having "played on a field", but I deserve everything I get in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everybody needs to bookmark this thread.  I am about to eat some crow.

I played in Div-ll over 30 yeas ago.  Things were much different back then.  everything was about stopping the run.  Our SS was more like a LB and our OLBs often played so close to the line it looked like we were running a 5-2 front.  The pass defense schemes we used were probably more primitive than what they use in high school today.   I feel like the old guy at the Y who still thinks he can run the floor with the young guys and immediately pulls a hammy.

That being said if I had just stopped to think a minute instead of bragging about what an expert I was I would have made a much more intelligent reply.  I have seen CBs sit in zones and not just match up on the first receiver available.  I've seen DBs pass off a receiver to another defender when leave a zone.  Sometimes my mouth (typing fingers) just run faster than my brain.

But the reason this is so epic is that it happened in a thread where I was comparing myself with Belichik who was a genius DC before he was a genius HC.

So call your friends.  I have admitted I am wrong before.  That is not as rare as some people claim.  But I don't think I have never stuck my foot as far into my mouth as I did in this thread.  I was tempted to go back and delete the post where I was bragging about having "played on a field", but I deserve everything I get in this thread.

Gosh darn it I now have to rep you for this! #Respect
Reply/Quote