Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is Even The Point?
Two Super Bowls in a row now decided at the very end by the weakest defensive holding calls possible.

Should we honestly even bother getting invested in a league that won't even invest in full time refs? Or maybe they want it this way. Bucs win at home with Tom Brady, Rams win at home in new LA market, State Farm posterboy Mahomes wins in Star Farm Field to cement the fact that the Chiefs are in a dynasty right after Brady retires. Don't want to be one of those conspiracy theorists, but it just smells an awful lot right now and I don't really know if I should continue to invest feelings in trophy that is being decided by a ref at the very end of two SBs in a row.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Two Super Bowls in a row now decided at the very end by the weakest defensive holding calls possible.

Should we honestly even bother getting invested in a league that won't even invest in full time refs? Or maybe they want it this way. Bucs win at home with Tom Brady, Rams win at home in new LA market, Progressive posterboy Mahomes wins in Progressive Field to cement the fact that the Chiefs are in a dynasty right after Brady retires. Don't want to be one of those conspiracy theorists, but it just smells an awful lot right now and I don't really know if I should continue to invest feelings in trophy that is being decided by a ref at the very end of two SBs in a row.

We just need to win the Super Bowl in Cincinnati when it comes. I could give a shit about this game. I hate both teams. Happy for Andy Reid only as I have loved him since his Philly days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Two Super Bowls in a row now decided at the very end by the weakest defensive holding calls possible.

Should we honestly even bother getting invested in a league that won't even invest in full time refs? Or maybe they want it this way. Bucs win at home with Tom Brady, Rams win at home in new LA market, Progressive posterboy Mahomes wins in Progressive Field to cement the fact that the Chiefs are in a dynasty right after Brady retires. Don't want to be one of those conspiracy theorists, but it just smells an awful lot right now and I don't really know if I should continue to invest feelings in trophy that is being decided by a ref at the very end of two SBs in a row.

Ummmm. Right idea. Wrong company.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:27 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: We just need to win the Super Bowl in Cincinnati when it comes. I could give a shit about this game. I hate both teams. Happy for Andy Reid only as I have loved him since his Philly days.

Can’t have it in a cold weather city. Oh unless NY builds a new stadium.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Ummmm.  Right idea. Wrong company.

You're right, State Farm.

Reply/Quote

Lots of people having the same thoughts and feeling the What’s the Point thing. Even if refs were full time, as long as judgement is involved, there will always be bad or missed calls.  Personally, I enjoy the regular season games much more than playoffs/championships anyway.
Reply/Quote
Just seriously bogus. Sorry, but how does the 3rd best sacking team in NFL history not touch a QB? I’m sure there were a million holds that could have been called on O-line but yet they call that one on DB. Just pathetic and not even fun watching.
Reply/Quote
A whistleblower inside the NFL needs to stand up, and I don't mean the refs.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Can’t have it in a cold weather city. Oh unless NY builds a new stadium.

Why in a new stadium you Jabroni.  Mellow

[Image: GettyImages-466126305.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc...0&a=t&q=89] 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Should we honestly even bother getting invested in a league that won't even invest in full time refs? Or maybe they want it this way. Bucs win at home with Tom Brady, Rams win at home in new LA market, State Farm posterboy Mahomes wins in Star Farm Field to cement the fact that the Chiefs are in a dynasty right after Brady retires. Don't want to be one of those conspiracy theorists, but it just smells an awful lot right now and I don't really know if I should continue to invest feelings in trophy that is being decided by a ref at the very end of two SBs in a row.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROASAiP97sHoc2FnbZSx0...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: XFL-New-Logos-2023.jpg]

[Image: dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: icon15.gif][Image: happy-dancing.gif][Image: yes.gif][Image: lalala.gif]
Reply/Quote
I feel ya, man. I'm getting pretty disgusted watching the refs just HAND GAMES OVER to teams on phantom calls or non-calls.
I too, try not to fall into conspiracy territory, but it's getting increasingly difficult not to. Especially since it's ABSOLUTELY TRUE that the NFL is classified as "sports entertainment." I didn't believe it at first, but it's true. Google it. Now that legal gambling money is involved, there's even more incentive to make sure that games go a certain way (so that bookies don't take a beating.)

Ever since Super Bowl XL (the asterisk bowl) it just feels like it's been getting progressively worse.
I now just hope that someday the Bengals get their turn to "win it all." Have KC turn heel or something. Hell, I doubt I'll care.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs ended up with 3 penalties for 14 yards, all pre-snap penalties, and 0 penalties in the 2nd half.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chiefs ended up with 3 penalties for 14 yards, all pre-snap penalties, and 0 penalties in the 2nd half.

The most penalized team in the league until they play good teams lol
Reply/Quote
I don't hate KC, and I have to sort through when I'm being biased as a fan, but I had a similar experience of "what's the point" described in another post... http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Goodell-is-still-an-idiot?pid=1332612#pid1332612

I'm still a big Bengal fan, but it's not going to bother me and they just have to be even better that the other team, and this team can do it!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:49 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Why in a new stadium you Jabroni.  Mellow

[Image: GettyImages-466126305.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc...0&a=t&q=89] 

Amazing how they forgot about that cold weather city crap for a year.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It was new wasn’t it?

Sorry I did not understand your statement.

I thought you meant for the SuperBowl to be played in NY, they need a new stadium.

Actually, they needed a retractable roof stadium.  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:57 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Sorry I did not understand your statement.

I thought you meant for the SuperBowl to be played in NY, they need a new stadium.

Actually, they needed a retractable roof stadium.  

I changed my response anyway. As far as I can tell, the NFL just flat out lied.

Reply/Quote
Fixing officiating would be pretty easy, nothing will ever be 100%, but the way it is now still has me questioning whether or not I'll be clearing my Sundays next year. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still annoyed.
Reply/Quote
He thought it was a hold.

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-bradberry-admits-holding-game-041207661.html
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 06:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He thought it was a hold.

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-bradberry-admits-holding-game-041207661.html

That's because outright questioning the refs gets you fined.
Reply/Quote