Safety
WR Depth
Backer
Other (Explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What Weaknesses Do We Have?
While I'm happy with changes to the OC and DC positions. I don't know that these 2 will b as good as Gruden and Zimmer were. And we couldn't win a playoff game with those 2.

I was bummed that we retained Marvin. It robbed the team of getting a bright Shawn McVey or Doug Pederson type that could really revamp the franchise.

Instead we stuck with the known mediocre quantity. Marvin isn't a bad coach. I'd even consider him above average to good some years. He just isn't the guy that can come in and transcend this organizations horrible past.

As far as trading for Glenn - I applaud the move. Same with adding Brown. It's just a shame that they waited until the roster wasn't good to start making these type of additions.
Reply/Quote
Head Coach! 10+ yrs and no playoff victory with very talented players..
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 01:40 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Head Coach! 10+ yrs and no playoff victory with very talented players..

Like I've been saying all along, we have good coordinators now that should mask Marvin's weaknesses and hopefully have more say in things like game planning.  

Marvin also seems like he has his head on right and is determined to go out and win games, so let's just hope he doesn't outthink himself, because that's when he fails.
Reply/Quote
I think what has prevented us from making a run at the SB is quite simple.

Inferior coaching and poor QB play. Especially in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I've been saying all along, we have good coordinators now that should mask Marvin's weaknesses and hopefully have more say in things like game planning.  

Marvin also seems like he has his head on right and is determined to go out and win games, so let's just hope he doesn't outthink himself, because that's when he fails.

Truth.  T shirts this year should say, "JUST WIN BABY"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My money is on Head Coach and owner winning the poll.

But to answer the question: RG, I was hoping we would have gotten a dude there
I agree.but it will be better than last year.
I hope
Reply/Quote
I chose Other as you don't have QB listed.
Not because I think Andy is bad, I think he is a good QB and I know it doesn't happen often but if he gets injured then our season is over
Reply/Quote
Im saying other (LB). Maybe with the addition of a second round ball hawk safety Williams can move up and play that tweener LB role. Dont know but I think every position group got better this year except the LBS.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 03:54 AM)ah5 Wrote: Im saying other (LB). Maybe with the addition of a second round ball hawk safety Williams can move up and play that tweener LB role. Dont know but I think every position group got better this year except the LBS.

Idk how you can say it didn’t get better with the addition of Preston Brown?

Reply/Quote
O-line for sure.

I'm still concerned about the right side, and we have very little quality depth. I think the scheme change will benefit Fisher and I think the line can be "good enough" not to hold the offense back. But heaven forbid Cordy Glenn gets hurt for any length of time. Or Price or Boling.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 07:46 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: O-line for sure.

I'm still concerned about the right side, and we have very little quality depth. I think the scheme change will benefit Fisher and I think the line can be "good enough" not to hold the offense back. But heaven forbid Cordy Glenn gets hurt for any length of time. Or Price or Boling.

I’m still hoping that Pollack is such a good coach that our line will be a solid group, regardless of who is playing.

It’s strange to think that we finally have an offensive line coach that can actually coach our guys to a high level, but I think Pollack can do it.
Reply/Quote
I chose other as everything is to new to be consistent. New Offensive lingo, new coaches, new players, offensive line shuffle, etc. Also the other will include suspensions - Tez out to start the season again just blows.
Reply/Quote
The bengals have the worst odds in the nfl to win th super bowl.

Cincinnati Bengals: 100-1 Same odds as the hapless browns and dolphins.

Yet the the fans here are questioning if we even have a weakness, and lauding the acquisition of a few 1 year mediocre FAs

Lol
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 08:53 AM)873513 Wrote: The bengals have the worst odds in the nfl to win th super bowl.

Cincinnati Bengals: 100-1 Same odds as the hapless browns and dolphins.

Yet the the fans here are questioning if we even have a weakness, and lauding the acquisition of a few 1 year mediocre FAs

Lol

Ask the Vegas Golden Knights what their odds were to win the Stanley Cup before the NHL season...

Reply/Quote
They play in a van down by the river ..
Oh wait ..that's a stadium, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Owner and HC !
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 08:53 AM)873513 Wrote: The bengals have the worst odds in the nfl to win th super bowl.

Cincinnati Bengals: 100-1    Same odds as the hapless browns and dolphins.

Yet the the fans here  are questioning if we even have a weakness, and lauding the acquisition of a few 1 year mediocre FAs

Lol

I don't think that was the spirit of the OP.  You may find some individual fans who are naïve enough to think that the team is "set for the big run". But by and large, the bulk of us know that a LOT of things have to work just right, in order for this team to be considered contenders.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think that was the spirit of the OP.  You may find some individual fans who are naïve enough to think that the team is "set for the big run".   But by and large, the bulk of us know that a LOT of things have to work just right, in order for this team to be considered contenders.

Nothing like a new guy bashing people here already in the only 2 posts he has made....
Reply/Quote

Cincinnati Bengals: 100-1    Same odds as the hapless browns and dolphins.

Yet the the fans here  are questioning if we even have a weakness, and lauding the acquisition of a few 1 year mediocre FAs

Lol

Those odds also have a lot to do with the fact that not a lot of people bet on the Bengals, and the fact that they didn't make any splash moves.  Not saying we should be favorites to win the SB, but a lot more goes into those odds than just how good the roster is.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team has done a great job of adding players to address the areas of weakness.  The real big question mark is, will the staff be able to implement a new plan of attack and effectively convey it to the players on the field.

As you can likely tell, I voted "other".

i did not vote yet.....was undecided at this time...
 regarding your comment on the "big question"....
the staff wlll explain the "new plan" to their position groups, over & over....
 but w/ so much turn over I think the early problem will be learning to play as a unit....jelling as a group...
& w/ only 16 games no team wants a slow start....w/ our 1st four games at Indy, balt on TNF at home then at Panthers & at Falcons...if we're 2-2 at the 1/4 mark i'll feel ok....
but at some point we can't split....we have to jell & try to win 10 games & the AFC North div...
call me a crazy loner but I almost fear the Browns this year as much as I do the Stealers or Rat Birds....the Browns offense will put up points....question is will their D hold up...
Reply/Quote