Safety
WR Depth
Backer
Other (Explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What Weaknesses Do We Have?
Hard to say what the greatest weakness is.

I feel like the OL will come along with scheme changes and a new position coach. It started to function last year with scrubs manning the trenches, so it can only get better with Price and Glenn in place, or one would imagine, anyway.

I think our linebackers kind of suck. Brown is serviceable, but Vontaze will be sorely missed, and I don't really have a lot of faith in Vigil or Evans. Until Tez returns, I think we're kind of screwed.
Reply/Quote
I'm still a bit split on Price and whether he can be the 'stud center' many are hoping for. He did ok with OSU, but that was the college level ,a far cry from the pro's.. We knew what we had with Bodine over the years and it wasn't very good so now we're going with an unproven commodity in Price and to a degree an umproven OL coach with Pollack. He did well in Dallas, but our Oline ain't Dallas's Oline so until proven he's still unproven as is Price as well. 
It's really easy to annoint anyone as the savoir, but until they prove successful they're still unproven. 
I'm still a Bengals fan and as such I will always reserve the right to skepticism towards all coaches and players until proven otherwise. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 03:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm still a bit split on Price and whether he can be the 'stud center' many are hoping for. He did ok with OSU, but that was the college level ,a far cry from the pro's.. We knew what we had with Bodine over the years and it wasn't very good so now we're going with an unproven commodity in Price and to a degree an umproven OL coach with Pollack. He did well in Dallas, but our Oline ain't Dallas's Oline so until proven he's still unproven as is Price as well. 
It's really easy to annoint anyone as the savoir, but until they prove successful they're still unproven. 
I'm still a Bengals fan and as such I will always reserve the right to skepticism towards all coaches and players until proven otherwise. 

I mean, uncertainty is a given with any rookie.  I think there are a lot of reasons to like Billy Price.  He's a very physical player and extremely belligerent on the field.  He's also got good knee bend and uses leverage much better than Bodine did.  I think he'll be just fine as long as he's healthy.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 03:58 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, uncertainty is a given with any rookie.  I think there are a lot of reasons to like Billy Price.  He's a very physical player and extremely belligerent on the field.  He's also got good knee bend and uses leverage much better than Bodine did.  I think he'll be just fine as long as he's healthy.
Don't get me wrong..  I like Price, but almost like Marvin I see better than I hear.. or something like that . I'm just not quite ready to  get all gushy about any player until I see them actually become an onfield serial murderer.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The obvious weakness we have is us. We have seen the enemy and it is us.. We keep rooting for this team despite the past 50 years . 

We, Cincinnati Bengals fans in order to form a more perfect fan base... (something something something becomes our preamble to the constitution of Bengaldom...)

Reply/Quote
Right side of the o-line is still a huge question mark. I am really happy with the Price pick, but he's still a rookie and will have a learning curve. Hopefully Glen can stay healthy.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 09:15 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: One of my biggest concerns is the stinkin refs,they will steal 2 games from us,believe it, they hate tez and they hate all of bengals land.I could easily see tez getting kick out of a game with this new rule and stinkin marvin lewis does nothing to get in the refs ass and challenge the call. He is a very conservative dude and I hate that about him.It effects the whole team when he refuses to go off on somebody and show his players he has their back.I would love to see him get kicked out of a game for just going crazy about a bad call,which we get a ton of throughout the season.If he is the same old marvin,we win maybe 8 games.

There is a bias that is for sure that goes on with the refs with the Bengals.

Don't care what anyone says.

Marv does seem different this year though and i think the addition of Pollack can make up for his weaknesses.

You are right, Marv has always been too conservative in games but if we can run the ball at will it won't matter.
Reply/Quote