Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-11-2022, 03:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Are we playing him at LT? This is a Tunsil trade package.

The trade value I suggested equals up to about a late second round pick but still gives the Bengals 3 picks in the top 100. #56 #63 #95.

Tunsil will be a straight up first round pick all day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-discussing-trading-l-collins.494323/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why is Dallas trying to get rid of one of the best RTs in the NFL on a fantastic deal?

Character, which would make your argument better than a Cordy Glenn comparison who was soft and a mid tier O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
It depends how desperate the Cowboys are. If I were them I wouldn't except anything less than a 2nd + significant player. The NFL is weird with Trades though so it will probably be a 5th Rd or and a swap of third Rd picks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:11 PM)J24 Wrote: It depends how desperate the Cowboys are. If I were them I wouldn't except anything less than a 2nd + significant player. The NFL is weird with Trades though so it will probably be a 5th Rd or and a swap of third Rd picks.

Very true, then you throw crazy Jerry in the mix, there is no telling. 

I'd hate to see our front office's poker faces saying "yeah.. but we dont really need to upgrade our blocking too much... so....we need a good deal to even consider this..."

Reply/Quote
Collins is a classic “trouble just seems to find me” type of guy.
Seems like a Marvin-era type of player so I would pass on any trade for him involving a first or second round pick.

Would rather get Tunsil for pick 31 if they would do it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Collins is a classic “trouble just seems to find me” type of guy.
Seems like a Marvin-era type of player so I would pass on any trade for him involving a first or second round pick.

Maybe... but Tunsil is much more costly vs the Cap at 18M for the next 2 years and requires 10M guaranteed.

Collins costs us zero guaranteed and no money until he plays his first game at 10M per year for 3 years.

Count on a DJ Reader to motivate him, if we get a Jensen that would be huge as well, and for Carmen. 

We should find out soon enough.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe... but Tunsil is much more costly vs the Cap at 18M for the next 2 years and requires 10M guaranteed.

Collins costs us zero guaranteed and no money until he plays his first game at 10M per year for 3 years.

Count on a DJ Reader to motivate him, if we get a Jensen that would be huge as well, and for Carmen. 

We should find out soon enough.

Tunsil has his own issues. The Bengals aren’t going to change their pattern IMHO
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Tunsil has his own issues. The Bengals aren’t going to change their pattern IMHO

Very true, both have their own baggage.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. And our 3rd Round pick is almost a 4th Round pick.

99% chance who we draft in the 2nd is nowhere as good as Collins is EVER.

But, I suspect a lot of teams would be interested in him.

That’s not true at all. We’ve had some really good second round picks. Off the top of my head without looking it up:

Tee Higgins, Jessie Bates, Whitworth, Mixon, Chad Johnson, Tyler Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:00 PM)Synric Wrote: As Au165 mentioned in the Free Agents thread the Orlando Brown trade should be a frame work.

Kansas City swapped the 31st pick for the Ravens #58 and gave up a 3rd and a 2022 5th for Orlando Brown and a 2022 sixth.

Brown was coming off a season playing LT and going to play LT that makes him more expensive and had less baggage than Collins. Although Collins is still one I'd the best RT in the NFL.

I'm with Au165. Swap #31 for the Cowboys #56 (2nd) the Bengals #173(5th) and a 2023 6th for La'el Collins.

I would say that's probably a solid framework, although Collins is under contract for the next 3 years while Brown only had one year left on his deal.  Then again, Brown was younger and had a cheaper contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: The trade value I suggested equals up to about a late second round pick but still gives the Bengals 3 picks in the top 100. #56 #63 #95.

Tunsil will be a straight up first round pick all day.

Yahoo sports article today said the Bengals could probably get him by just swapping picks.......not gonna be no 2nd or 3rd rounder unless we get a pick back.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:38 PM)pulses Wrote: Yahoo sports article today said the Bengals could probably get him by just swapping picks.......not gonna be no 2nd or 3rd rounder unless we get a pick back.

The framework for the trade I suggested added up to a late second round value. I didnt suggest giving up an actual second round pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:19 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: That’s not true at all. We’ve had some really good second round picks. Off the top of my head without looking it up:

Tee Higgins, Jessie Bates, Whitworth, Mixon, Chad Johnson, Tyler Boyd.

I don't know about 99%, but the odds are against it.

Higgins: 33rd overall pick
Chad: 36th overall pick
Mixon: 48th overall pick
Bates: 54th overall pick
Whitworth: 55th overall pick
Boyd: 55th overall pick

We're talking the 63rd overall pick. We're picking in Patriots territory now. There's a reason why the Patriots always traded down and accumulated more picks. When you're picking at the bottom of the rounds, it seems like you're often best off just getting the most chances you can to hope you randomly hit on them. You don't get blue chip guys in the 1st, and you don't get the borderline-1st rounders who slipped down for whatever reason in the 2nd.

The closest picks the Bengals have had to 63rd in the time frame you just mentioned I think came in their bad years with their 3rd round picks... Kelly Washington and Logan Wilson at 65th, Sean Brewer and Dontay Moch at 66th, Matt Schobel at 67th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It helps a great deal that he has a pre-existing relationship with (and has played under) Pollack. If Frank vouches for him I'm not worried about his character. At all.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Collins is a classic “trouble just seems to find me” type of guy.

See, I can understand this argument against trading for Collins but like Soonerpeace said Tunsil has his own issues too
and would cost more most likely and we would have to move Jonah if we traded for Tunsil.

I like Becton in a trade as far as I know he has no character issues.

(03-11-2022, 07:29 PM)tms Wrote: It helps a great deal that he has a pre-existing relationship with (and has played under) Pollack. If Frank vouches for him I'm not worried about his character. At all.

Pollack coached Collins when he was with the Cowboys?

That seems a little far back like before Collins was drafted but I could be wrong, I thought Collins was younger than that?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: See, I can understand this argument against trading for Collins but like Soonerpeace said Tunsil has his own issues too
and would cost more most likely and we would have to move Jonah if we traded for Tunsil.

That seems a little far back like before Collins was drafted but I could be wrong, I thought Collins was younger than that?

The Bengals aren’t messing with anybody who has history or is not a leader. I don’t think either are
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals aren’t messing with anybody who has history or is not a leader. I don’t think either are

Probably correct. Collins and Tunsil are out then. Becton might still be in the cards though or another OT in a trade.

Duke said we are open to trades for top OL, we usually don't hear this.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: See, I can understand this argument against trading for Collins but like Soonerpeace said Tunsil has his own issues too

Not sure why Bechton keeps coming up he has like a $10M or something cap hit if they move from him...?

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals aren’t messing with anybody who has history or is not a leader. I don’t think either are

Zac specifically said that with this locker room they can take some risks. Willie Anderson gave Collins a high recommendation, I'd guess Pollack would have the most say since he has history. 

Im not sure we can be so specific...

Reply/Quote