Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-11-2022, 11:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pittsburgh, Chiefs and the Titans are the latest "best fits" for Collins, all three lost RTs in free agency....

This is going to be interesting, I seriously hope we dont see this guy with another AFCN team...

[Image: yum-grr.gif]

I'm confused by this, Chiefs have Niang on a rookie contract and I'm pretty sure he was their starter, or at least keyed in to be the starter. And I don't remember seeing Ten losing their RT but I also can't remember who their RT was so...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report

#Cowboys RT La’el Collins drawing lots of interest: League sources say the #Jags, #Broncos, #Bengals and #Dolphins have inquired about trading for the talented 28-year-old.

Collins is known for his dominant run-blocking, but has become a super reliable pass-blocker as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:46 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm confused by this, Chiefs have Niang on a rookie contract and I'm pretty sure he was their starter, or at least keyed in to be the starter. And I don't remember seeing Ten losing their RT but I also can't remember who their RT was so...

Remmers was the KC starter but had a knee injury. Andrew Wylie took over for him though. I thought Niang was their guy for the future as well...?

Okafora was Pitts.

Quessenberry was Titans

Who knows?   Lots of craziness on social media and other teams podcasts right now.  Be great to see the Bengals snag a big deal others wanted though...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:44 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I, like caesar, am confused on what other RT options are available in the same ball park as Collins on talent. The baggage is something I understand and if they only want choir boys, fair enough. Agreed on hoping they are aggressive, jumping on this would be showing they are willing to be aggressive.

Not sure how many Glass Eaters are choir boys......

Reply/Quote
WATCH OUT... Butch brought Collins up without being asked about him...

Thank you for reading and writing in. How about a trade? They could use a right tackle and I'd love to get La'el Collins, supposedly being shopped at $10 million per year by the Cowboys. Give them a fourth? Yeah, he's had some injury problems, but he'll only be 29 Opening Day and he played for Bengals offensive line coach Frank Pollack in Dallas.  (A 4th isnt getting this guy...)

Of course Hobson goes on to mention very mediocre Allen and keeping Hopkins...

Like they did last year on defense when they inked young guys on their second contracts, I'd love to see them do that with a couple offensive interior players. Start with Rams center Brian Allen. Just 26, Allen ran a wide zone scheme similar to the one Pollack runs with Zac Taylor, a descendant of Rams head coach Sean McVay's wide zone run scheme. I'd also love to see them keep center Trey Hopkins in some way as a versatile center-guard-adviser. So smart and so good in the locker room and the community.

Reply/Quote
I really dont want my dumb ass to be like this waiting on Collins trade info this weekend....

[Image: sad-pablo-lonely.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Remmers was the KC starter but had a knee injury. Andrew Wylie took over for him though. I thought Niang was their guy for the future as well...?

Lucas Niang was the starting Right Tackle in Kansas City but minor injuries kept knocking him out of the lineup until Cincy when he finally went on IR to finish the year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:07 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I really dont want my dumb ass to be like this waiting on Collins trade info this weekend....

[Image: sad-pablo-lonely.gif]

That looks like an OK time to me…. Especially if the outcome is a trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report

#Cowboys RT La’el Collins drawing lots of interest: League sources say the #Jags, #Broncos, #Bengals and #Dolphins have inquired about trading for the talented 28-year-old.

Collins is known for his dominant run-blocking, but has become a super reliable pass-blocker as well.

If the cost is a 3rd round pick, as I hear it, it’s a no brainer. 3 years at $10m/year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Lucas Niang was the starting Right Tackle in Kansas City but minor injuries kept knocking him out of the lineup until Cincy when he finally went on IR to finish the year.

I thought so, Remmers started 2 games got hurt very early, Niang started 9 games, Wylie started 7, so they bounced a bit.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:15 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If the cost is a 3rd round pick, as I hear it, it’s a no brainer.  3 years at $10m/year.

I think we have to ask ourselves:

Who at #31 could step in and play immediately and make an impact greater than one of the top RT in the league for no money down and only 10M the next 3 years?  He also allows for more cash to other FA's.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:15 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If the cost is a 3rd round pick, as I hear it, it’s a no brainer.  3 years at $10m/year.

The Bengals 3rd round pick has bad value because it's closer to a 4th. The other teams listed as interested all have 3rd round picks with alot better value especially the Jaguars.

Now swapping #31 for #56 will have almost the exact same value as the Jaguars 3rd rounder (260 to 265). 

Bengals will have to use either #31 or #63 in some kinda trade swap to get similar value to whatever the other teams are willing to go.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:32 AM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals 3rd round pick has bad value because it's closer to a 4th. The other teams listed as interested all have 3rd round picks with alot better value especially the Jaguars.

Now swapping #31 for #56 will have almost the exact same value as the Jaguars 3rd rounder (260 to 265). 

Bengals will have to use either #31 or #63 in some kinda trade swap to get similar value to whatever the other teams are willing to go.

I'd prefer the swapping but more than ok with 63
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:19 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think we have to ask ourselves:

Who at #31 could step in and play immediately and make an impact greater than one of the top RT in the league for no money down and only 10M the next 3 years?  He also allows for more cash to other FA's.
I totally agree!

When you come to think about it a 1st rounder is expected to start, a 2nd rounder may or may not start, a 3rd rounder is a rotation or role player, a 4th and 5th rounder is a depth piece, and 6th and 7th and UDFA are camp bodies trying to make the roster.

I THINK IT'S A FREAKIN' NO BRAINER TO GIVE OUR LATE 2ND ROUNDER FOR AN RT THAT JOE CAN TRUST AND DEPEND ON!!!  GET THAT DEAL DONE NOW!!!

This is freakin' deal compared to those hoping for a Tunsil trade (cost more draft capital and a lot of cap space) or Armstead signing (a lot of cap space and injury prone).

Sorry for the caps...  I love you.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:40 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'd prefer the swapping but more than ok with 63

I dont think it would be this expensive, but what is the argument against trading #31 straight up if that is what it came to? 

(Other than screwing up all of our mock drafts!  LOL)

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [Image: ugh-stanley-hudson.gif]

The crazy thing is that those who favor the trade seem to think that those opposed to it do not realize how good Collins is on the field.

But could it be that those that favor the trade do not realize why folks are opposed to it?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The crazy thing is that those who favor the trade seem to think that those opposed to it do not realize how good Collins is on the field.

But could it be that those that favor the trade do not realize why folks are opposed to it?

I won't speak for everybody on the pro side, but the fact seems like everyone opposed acts as if every option doesn't carry the same or greater risk. 

Armstead with health and cap; Tunsil with draft capital, cap, switching Jonah (biggest assumed risk of him being as good on the opposite side, same with Armstead), health (never played a full 16, this year with thumb injury); Moses being a so-so journeyman.

The greatest thing about the potential trade is not the player but that the risks are almost mitigated to negligible levels due to being able to cut him with the only loss being a pick. Hes also cheap enough that one of the top fitting guards and Centers are still on the table to be purchased in FA as taking 10M for top 5-10 RT
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The crazy thing is that those who favor the trade seem to think that those opposed to it do not realize how good Collins is on the field.

I would love to hear the reason why a Bengals fan who watched Burrow's knee get destroyed multiple times the last 2 seasons would be opposed to such a trade?  (intentional sarcasm for you bfine, lol)

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:13 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I won't speak for everybody on the pro side, but the fact seems like everyone opposed acts as if every option doesn't carry the same or greater risk. 

Armstead with health and cap; Tunsil with draft capital, cap, switching Jonah (biggest assumed risk of him being as good on the opposite side, same with Armstead), health (never played a full 16, this year with thumb injury); Moses being a so-so journeyman.

The greatest thing about the potential trade is not the player but that the risks are almost mitigated to negligible levels due to being able to cut him with the only loss being a pick. Hes also cheap enough that one of the top fitting guards and Centers are still on the table to be purchased in FA as taking 10M for top 5-10 RT

Damn I wish I would had written this.... excellent post.

Reply/Quote
I won’t be mad if they get Collins but he just seems like a knuckle head.
Missing multiple drug tests, punching a guy/getting suspended. He’s a very good O lineman but he's anything but reliable. If they can get him for a decent deal then I guess it’s worth the risk. I would just be waiting for him to do something stupid and miss games.
Reply/Quote