Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-11-2022, 08:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure why Bechton keeps coming up he has like a $10M or something cap hit if they move from him...?

People smarter than me about cap said we could make it work. You could be right though, could be somebody else we are eyeing
in a trade and we just don't know who it is...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People smarter than me about cap said we could make it work. You could be right though, could be somebody else we are eyeing
in a trade and we just don't know who it is...

We could make it work Im talking about the dead cap for the Jets...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We could make it work Im talking about the dead cap for the Jets...

Ahhh, okay. Sounds out of the question too then.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:45 PM)Synric Wrote: The framework for the trade I suggested added up to a late second round value. I didnt suggest giving up an actual second round pick.

I'd give them Waynes and Hopkins and a 4th next yr
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:16 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd give them Waynes and Hopkins and a 4th next yr

We would immediately be a much, much better team with this guy blocking for us.  It is amazing to see some of these takes after this season and Super Bowl with literally every single one of us clamoring to upgrade the oline and here we have one of the very best RT's in the league as an option and yet we have fans that are not really interested... I'm seriously dumbfounded...?  (If this was sarcasm I apologize in advance but there are others who feel this way...)

Collins vs Bosa.  

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think we have to be careful not to get in Tunsil territory unless we are getting Tunsil.

Collins is a RT so he shouldn't get LT trade compensation. I say no higher than a 3rd

Collins burned his bridges with the Cowboys who are famously tolerant with player misconduct. Their owner lives in a glass house after all. That’s a red flag for Collins. His alleged misconduct when fighting the drug test suspension stands out.

I could be wrong but the Bengals these days look to have moved on from “characters”.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Zac specifically said that with this locker room they can take some risks. Willie Anderson gave Collins a high recommendation, I'd guess Pollack would have the most say since he has history. 

Im not sure we can be so specific...

Well I didn’t hear or read him say that and I follow him religiously but I’ll take your word on it. He’s got Pollack to consult so we will see. But this I know for 1000% fact almost from his mouth to my ears he loathes giving up picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 09:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I didn’t hear or read him say that and I follow him religiously but I’ll take your word on it. He’s got Pollack to consult so we will see. But this I know for 1000% fact almost from his mouth to my ears he loathes giving up picks.

I'll try to find it, it's one of those post SB vids.

There is not one guy in this draft after pick 30 that can step in and do what Collins can.  May be the Top RT in the league.

But not only that, the thing people are not discussing is his cash savings.  Any FA we sign will cost millions in cash - Armstead would have been 60M, JC 70M.

We currently have 70M in cash (not cap) we will most likely spend. This goes to signing bonuses, which for us offsets the extra year of guaranteed money that always holds us up.

Bates being tagged hurt a little on the cap but saved us a minimum of 25M in cash he would have received upfront with an extension.  Our 1st Rd pick this yr will only cost us about 7M (Chase cost over 20M last year), adding Collins we save another 10M most likely.

So now if there is a bidding war for Jensen or we want to upgrade from Conner Williams to Corbett or Eli Apple to Donte Jackson, etc we can.

If this insane trade happens we will get so many residuals with players who can play this season.  

Last year we had 10 draft picks, 3 played a lot. 2 were great 1 wasnt.  7 picks did little to nothing for various reasons.  Never value pics over a dominating tackle under 30 with zero guaranteed money and a salary of 10M for 3 years... 

It's too good to be true, and the timing picking next to last every round is perfect... it's so good there is no way it happens, lol.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 09:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I didn’t hear or read him say that and I follow him religiously but I’ll take your word on it. He’s got Pollack to consult so we will see. But this I know for 1000% fact almost from his mouth to my ears he loathes giving up picks.

This is a different interview than I was referencing but at the 12:50 mark he mentions the locker room & leadership being strong enough if we bring a guy who could tilt one way or another we got strong enough guys... he always wants best player and character but wont always be perfect.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 09:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'll try to find it, it's one of those post SB vids.

There is not one guy in this draft after pick 30 that can step in and do what Collins can.  May be the Top RT in the league.

But not only that, the thing people are not discussing is his cash savings.  Any FA we sing will cost millions in cash - Armstead would have been 60M, JC 70M.

We currently have 70M in cash (not cap) we will most likely spend. This goes to signing bonuses which for us offsets the extra year of guaranteed money that always holds us up.

Bates being tagged hurt a little on the cap but saved us a minimum of 25M in cash he would have received upfront with an extension.  Our 1st Rd pick this yr will only cost us about 7M (Chase cost over 20M last year), adding Collins we save another 10M most likely.

So now if there isa bidding war for Jensen or we want to upgrade from Conner Williams to Corbett or Eli Apple to Donte Jackson, etc we can.

If this insane trade happens we will get so many residuals with payers who can play this season.  

Last year we had 10 draft picks, 3 played a lot. 2 were great 1 wasnt.  7 picks did little to nothing for various reasons.  Never value pics over a dominating tackle under 30 with zero guaranteed money and a salary of 10M for 3 years... 

It's too good to be true, and the timing picking next to last every round is perfect?

Well that’s why Duke and Zac get paid the big bucks to make the right decisions
Reply/Quote
Pass on Collins.Zero in on Tunsil.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 09:58 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Pass on Collins.Zero in on Tunsil.

You have every right to your opinion but why do you feel like we should go this route?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:06 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: You have every right to your opinion but why do you feel like we should go this route?

I'd like to hear this as well.

Tunsil 18M cap hit for 2 years

Requires 10M in guaranteed money out of our stash we want to use to sign pay free agents.

Requires Jonah to move to RT, a spot he hasnt played since early in college which will require getting used to...

Collins 10M cap hit for 3 years (16M savings over Tunsil in yrs 1 & 2)

Requires zero guaranteed money that can be used to bolster FA deals. (10M in savings)

Jonah stays in his spot and Collins stays in his maintaining familiarity.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd like to hear this as well.

Requires 10M in guaranteed money out of our stash we want to use to sign pay free agents.

Requires Jonah to move to RT, a spot he hasnt played since early in college which will require getting used to...

Requires zero guaranteed money that can be used to bolster FA deals. (10M in savings)

Well, it now looks like at least 12 teams are interested in a deal for Collins, maybe some of our resident experts who are against this should contact these teams to tell them what an awful idea that would be...?

The price to play will only go up and I fear we will bow out. Even with all the collateral positives this deal brings.  You Reilly Reiff fans can probably rejoice....

[Image: goshdarn-gosh.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd like to hear this as well.

Collins brings baggage.Don’t like his attitude.There are other options available.If you’re going to rebuild your OL through FA,this is the year,as there are plenty of quality free agents available.Of course unfortunately at a price.But,if the Bengals are all in on the OL,as they appear to be(we’ll see),then they can make it happen.Starting with Tunsil at LT,and moving Jonah Williams to RT.It’s going to be expensive,as the Bengals should already expect that.

Trae Waynes is good as gone,so there,you have that.Hopkins,gone.And most likely Ogunjobi.Now you go after Jensen.The best center in the NFL.
Hopefully,they can even upgrade to an above average RG.There are affordable options available at this position as well.Problem solved.Not sure how many draft picks we give up in the process.

Just hoping the Bengals are as aggressive as they were with the rebuild of the defense in free agency.I know it’s asking alot,but with the cap space they have,I think they could make it happen,with minimal casualties to our own task of signing our free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Well, it now looks like at least 12 teams are interested in a deal for Collins, maybe some of our resident experts who are against this should contact these teams to tell them what an awful idea that would be...?

The price to play will only go up and I fear we will bow out. Even with all the collateral positives this deal brings.  You Reilly Reiff fans can probably rejoice....

Stop it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Collins brings baggage.Don’t like his attitude.There are other options available.If you’re going to rebuild your OL through FA,this is the year,as there are plenty of quality free agents available.Of course unfortunately at a price.But,if the Bengals are all in on the OL,as they appear to be(we’ll see),then they can make it happen.Starting with Tunsil at LT,and moving Jonah Williams to RT.It’s going to be expensive,as the Bengals should already expect that.

Trae Waynes is good as gone,so there,you have that.Hopkins,gone.And most likely Ogunjobi.Now you go after Jensen.The best center in the NFL.
Hopefully,they can even upgrade to an above average RG.There are affordable options available at this position as well.Problem solved.Not sure how many draft picks we give up in the process.

Just hoping the Bengals are as aggressive as they were with the rebuild of the defense in free agency.I know it’s asking alot,but with the cap space they have,I think they could make it happen,with minimal casualties to our own task of signing our free agents.

Who are the other options remotely close to Collins?

Tunsil price tag is rumored to be two #1 draft picks at minimum you doing that?

Ogunjobi is already gone... I dont understand?

With Waynes and Hopkins cut we have less than 51M left...  

Hoping the Bengals are aggressive but will pass on one of, if not the top, RT in the league?

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stop it. 

[Image: ugh-stanley-hudson.gif]

Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh, Chiefs and the Titans are the latest "best fits" for Collins, all three lost RTs in free agency....

This is going to be interesting, I seriously hope we dont see this guy with another AFCN team...

[Image: yum-grr.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Collins brings baggage.Don’t like his attitude.There are other options available.If you’re going to rebuild your OL through FA,this is the year,as there are plenty of quality free agents available.Of course unfortunately at a price.But,if the Bengals are all in on the OL,as they appear to be(we’ll see),then they can make it happen.Starting with Tunsil at LT,and moving Jonah Williams to RT.It’s going to be expensive,as the Bengals should already expect that.

I, like caesar, am confused on what other RT options are available in the same ball park as Collins on talent. The baggage is something I understand and if they only want choir boys, fair enough. Agreed on hoping they are aggressive, jumping on this would be showing they are willing to be aggressive.
Reply/Quote