Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-12-2022, 12:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: With FA out there JMHO I don’t see us making a trade and paying a lot of our cap space on a guy with injury history, suspension history, and not well thought of by MGT. ?‍♂️

Tell us one FA tackle at his level we could sign (and it wont be Armstead) that could come close to his production and financial windfall we get with Collins.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

That's a crazy interesting dynamic to this.

And IF he hits the open market, he probably gets more than $10 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tell us one FA tackle at his level we could sign (and it wont be Armstead) that could come close to his production and financial windfall we get with Collins.

JMHO they resign Reiff to a 2 year @ $4 and draft a tackle. Sign a top FA center and FA mid priced guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's a crazy interesting dynamic to this.

And IF he hits the open market, he probably gets more than $10 million a year.

Probably? He is a Top 3 RT.

His signing bonus will be huge, his guaranteed money will be huge, and his cap hit will be huge.

We can get him with none of these financial issues.  We are not paying Armstead, and not one other tackle in FA is remotely close to this guy, I dont see how it is a question in anyone's mind.  I hope they work it out.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Probably? He is a Top 3 RT.

His signing bonus will be huge, his guaranteed money will be huge, and his cap hit will be huge.

We can get him with none of these financial issues.  We are not paying Armstead, and not one other tackle in FA is remotely close to this guy, I dont see how it is a question in anyone's mind.  I hope they work it out.

He had some injuries last year and has some off-the-field considerations too. But, I do think teams would pay him heavily.

Interestingly, he's better as a run blocker than a pass blocker. But he's definately capable as a pass blocker.

When is the last time we had lineman that were dominant run blockers?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: JMHO they resign Reiff to a 2 year @ $4 and draft a tackle. Sign a top FA center and FA mid priced guard.

Reiff?  With a bum ankle trying to decide if he should retire or play for the Bengals... WOO HOO!!!!!!

Draft a tackle?  We are so great drafting oline... we have drafted one decent starter in 10 years and he gave up 10 sacks this season... no problem.

You have stated over and again we will draft Spain who got worse by season's end.

It's amazing to read all of us screaming for months about upgrading the oline and with the top RT available with no cash and cheap salary... we have some that arent interested, we love our draft picks....

We drafted 10 last year - 3 played, 2 were great; a receiver and a kicker, the 3rd one wasnt good at all, the other 7 did not or hardly contributed.  This is how the draft works.

Due to the fact that I really want us to do this deal - the chance the Bengals actually do is probably zero, I apologize in advance.  Im terrible at picking horses and the lottery too...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He had some injuries last year and has some off-the-field considerations too. But, I do think teams would pay him heavily.

Interestingly, he's better as a run blocker than a pass blocker. But he's definately capable as a pass blocker.

When is the last time we had lineman that were dominant run blockers?

He is an excellent pass blocker but a tremendous run blocker...

Reply/Quote

This right here has me wondering if they are more likely looking for a pick next year so they can drop that cap hit to a point they can resign Connor Williams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:10 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: This right here has me wondering if they are more likely looking for a pick next year so they can drop that cap hit to a point they can resign Connor Williams.

They dont want Williams, he is by far the weak link on the Cowboys line.

Trading/releasing Collins, Cooper, and one more I cant remember; the Cowboys free up 60M in cap next year.  They just released 2 more yesterday, their insiders say Jerry is trying to get to 75M in cap space next offseason.

Reply/Quote
Three Reasons Why a Bengals Trade for La'el Collins Makes Sense in Quest to Protect Joe Burrow

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/three-reasons-why-potential-bengals-trade-lael-collins-makes-sense-in-quest-protect-joe-burrow#gid=ci029bf73600002795&pid=its-time-to-protect-joe-burrow

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They dont want Williams, he is by far the weak link on the Cowboys line.

Trading/releasing Collins, Cooper, and one more I cant remember; the Cowboys free up 60M in cap next year.  They just released 2 more yesterday, their insiders say Jerry is trying to get to 75M in cap space next offseason.

Considering the rumor is they want all that cap space to entice Sean Payton next year, makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Three Reasons Why a Bengals Trade for La'el Collins Makes Sense in Quest to Protect Joe Burrow

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/three-reasons-why-potential-bengals-trade-lael-collins-makes-sense-in-quest-protect-joe-burrow#gid=ci029bf73600002795&pid=its-time-to-protect-joe-burrow

Or not: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/cowboys-discussing-lael-collins-trade
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys can trade Collins with a designated June 1st option as long as cut him. Apparently they have to wait to June first to trade but they can cut him now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Reiff?  With a bum ankle trying to decide if he should retire or play for the Bengals... WOO HOO!!!!!!

Draft a tackle?  We are so great drafting oline... we have drafted one decent starter in 10 years and he gave up 10 sacks this season... no problem.

You have stated over and again we will draft Spain who got worse by season's end.

It's amazing to read all of us screaming for months about upgrading the oline and with the top RT available with no cash and cheap salary... we have some that arent interested, we love our draft picks....

We drafted 10 last year - 3 played, 2 were great; a receiver and a kicker, the 3rd one wasnt good at all, the other 7 did not or hardly contributed.  This is how the draft works.

Due to the fact that I really want us to do this deal - the chance the Bengals actually do is probably zero, I apologize in advance.  Im terrible at picking horses and the lottery too...

I imagine it’s going to fall on Pollard. He knows him. Missing 20 of 21 straight games (injury and suspension) is going to be a tough decision for the group of Mike Brown,Zac, and Duke to pull the trigger. JMHO.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:27 PM)J24 Wrote: The  Cowboys  can trade Collins with a designated  June  1st option as long as cut him. Apparently they have to wait to June first  to trade but they  can cut him  now.

The cap deadline is March 16th... so its trade or cut by then I guess.  

What is insane is that the Cowboys have a guard in waiting to take Williams spot and a RT, not at Collins level, but very solid to take his position...amazing how barren we were this season.

Reply/Quote

uh huh - and so it begins.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Or not: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/cowboys-discussing-lael-collins-trade

So is he healthy or not?  How did he play last year.

What I do know is that he is a friggin moron.....trying to bribe a drug tester.  Idiot for putting something into his body that would get him suspended....idiot for trying to bribe a league official.  Sheesh.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I imagine it’s going to fall on Pollard. He knows him. Missing 20 of 21 straight games (injury and suspension) is going to be a tough decision for the group of Mike Brown,Zac, and Duke to pull the trigger. JMHO.

I dont think there is any question that Pollack is the key.  

Collins had a higher PFF score the year before he missed those games than he did this season which was still better than all of our guys combined.

The reason he is even available is because of all of this... it isn't the reason it is tough to pull the trigger, its the reason we have the chance to get him.

Much of Collins issues have been public, and we know the FO gets more info than we see.  I dont know why we would be one of the first to inquire if his one injury and the suspension are so awful?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: uh huh - and so it begins.

Cowboys have to be under the cap this week would be the only reason, but they only save a little over a million this year letting him go one way or the other...

The longer the Cowboys wait the better deal for them... FA is extremely weak at tackle. 

Reply/Quote