Player(s) {Who?}
Draft Picks {What Round(s)}
Other (List)
Pray Someone Good Gets Cut
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Trade For O-Linemen?
(08-09-2021, 01:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Where have I heard that story before.....

oh yeah.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/13/20803416/bengals-news-michael-jordan-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-nfl

How'd that "impressing" story end?

Are you seriously calling out people for overreacting to TC fluff pieces while you are overreacting to TC fluff pieces?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:02 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Our franchise qb goes down with a horrific knee injury cuz the front office refuses to invest in the offensive line like it should fast forward to the draft and one of the beat offensive line prospects of the decade is sitting there and the bengals like children draft chase. Yet u want to say one offensive lineman wouldn’t have fixed everything lol then why is everyone bidding for the bengals to go out and trade for one offensive lineman as if that’s the answer lol. Should’ve just drafted the fricken offensive lineman that was sitting there for the taking instead of now wanting the bengals to trade for an offensive lineman cuz the depth there is horrible. Detroit now has two of our offensive lineman.

No, they should have done more in FA. When the concern is protecting Burrow NOW then established NFL players would be the surest way to do it. I will agree with everyone that criticizes the team for not doing more than just Reiff, but taking Chase over Sewell is another matter. They took the guy they feel will have the biggest impact. Time will tell if they were right. But apparently waiting to see isn’t part of the drama queen handbook. We’re already getting victory laps and camp reports about players from other teams. In early August. Before a single game has been played. “Smdh”

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Are you seriously calling out people for overreacting to TC fluff pieces while you are overreacting to TC fluff pieces?

[Image: d91.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Are you seriously calling out people for overreacting to TC fluff pieces while you are overreacting to TC fluff pieces?

Not sure what I'm overreacting to there scooter.

There is a fluff piece that says Smith is impressing.

And I simply stated, I've heard it before, about another OL taken in the exact same round and linked to a piece saying the exact same stuff.

That's simply showing not to take fluff pieces seriously but... you call it what you will. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: NO ONE SINGLE DRAFT PICK WOULD HAVE FIXED EVERYTHING. Not even the greatest OT to ever live Penei Sewell.

Just stop.

Honestly, there’s like 3-4 of you that are making this place straight up unbearable anymore. WE GET IT!

Oh shit...

I forget.

Rah rah rah, Bengals will win the Super Bowl.

No negative talk, no critical talk (which is funny when I see guys who shit on the coach and shit on the team and even quit watching the team at the end of last season cause the games didn't matter suddenly supporting said coach and now saying we have a contending team).

This team is more then one draft away from competiting, sure we are better then Pitt on paper (man do they suck) but we aren't winning the division this year nor a WC spot. I'm tired of being blindly optimistic about a team that is on a repeat cycle since 1991. 

Holic and other mods have said it on this board, there are those lurking here from within PBS and I'd guess that's to get a pulse of the fanbase (as most smart businesses tend to do, check on their consumers). This place actually allows us a small voice to vent frustrations about the repeated failings but instead the kool-aid brigade shuts it down. You of all people should be really upset to see the line not living up to expectations, since this could spell wasting another year of Burrow and no one around here was a bigger fan of him then you. 

Meanwhile to the "miserable" comment. I've actually been defending Carman against people who were calling him garbage, and trying to be supportive. Sorry to hear that me defending him is making you "miserable".

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Oh shit...

I forget.

Rah rah rah, Bengals will win the Super Bowl.

No negative talk, no critical talk (which is funny when I see guys who shit on the coach and shit on the team and even quit watching the team at the end of last season cause the games didn't matter suddenly supporting said coach and now saying we have a contending team).

This team is more then one draft away from competiting, sure we are better then Pitt on paper (man do they suck) but we aren't winning the division this year nor a WC spot. I'm tired of being blindly optimistic about a team that is on a repeat cycle since 1991. 

Holic and other mods have said it on this board, there are those lurking here from within PBS and I'd guess that's to get a pulse of the fanbase (as most smart businesses tend to do, check on their consumers). This place actually allows us a small voice to vent frustrations about the repeated failings but instead the kool-aid brigade shuts it down. You of all people should be really upset to see the line not living up to expectations, since this could spell wasting another year of Burrow and no one around here was a bigger fan of him then you. 

Meanwhile to the "miserable" comment. I've actually been defending Carman against people who were calling him garbage, and trying to be supportive. Sorry to hear that me defending him is making you "miserable".

I’m not trying to knock this board cause I love it here, but they do more than just lurk on other sites. Elizabeth Blackburn has done AMA on Reddit, and there’s another guy from the FO (I forget his name) that reaches out over there as well asking for fan opinions and what not. So if that’s truly your goal with all the constant bashing then there is more direct ways to interact with them than just repeating the same things 37 million times, and hoping someone from the team happens to see it.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not trying to knock this board cause I love it here, but they do more than just lurk on other sites. Elizabeth Blackburn has done AMA on Reddit, and there’s another guy from the FO (I forget his name) that reaches out over there as well asking for fan opinions and what not. So if that’s truly your goal with all the constant bashing then there is more direct ways to interact with them than just repeating the same things 37 million times, and hoping someone from the team happens to see it.

I don't understand what you want out of people. The people who thought we didn't do enough to fix the line aren't going to change their stance when nothing else has happened. I was fixing to give the Bengals major props if we'd signed Reiter, but it looks like that fell through for health reasons.

Either way, the people who saw the line as a problem in May are going to think it's still a problem in August.

Secondly, you all act like this is a one sided show. You all wind up in the same threads arguing with the same people. If it makes you so miserable, ignore it. Or contribute to getting the boards to talk about other things by creating some interesting threads. 

Lord knows I've talked about a lot of things other than the line, but there's also times where it's kinda hard to ignore the elephant in the room (to us). If you don't see it that way, and that kinda talk makes you miserable, why engage it? Neither side is going to change their mind.

What's that saying? Be the change you want to see? Make a thread and let's talk about something else. I'd welcome it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 01:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Where have I heard that story before.....

oh yeah.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/13/20803416/bengals-news-michael-jordan-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-nfl

How'd that "impressing" story end?

Doesn't mean this will end the same way and Jordan is also muchly improved this Offseason. This is good news not bad.

Don't know why you are crying, no point in it. I just want the best 5 to start on the OL, that is all. If it is D'Ante and MJ at
Guard so be it. If we are much better on the OL it is good news for everybody. Just maybe not you cause of preference.

If a dude sucks I don't want him starting, if he is playing very good I want him starting. I don't care who.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't mean this will end the same way and Jordan is also muchly improved this Offseason. This is good news not bad.

Don't know why you are crying, no point in it. I just want the best 5 to start on the OL, that is all. If it is D'Ante and MJ at
Guard so be it. If we are much better on the OL it is good news for everybody. Just maybe not you cause of preference.

If a dude sucks I don't want him starting, if he is playing very good I want him starting. I don't care who.

I think I'm just jaded from the years of "hope" that this guy will develop.

Just once I want to see a starting group around Burrow that is solid and we aren't worried about health or hoping this guy breaks through or rebounds.

It'd be nice to be back in the days where we had a roster that we actually were worried about what guys were going to lose a battle and be gone to another team versus now where we sit like vultures waiting to see what scraps fall to us.

Reply/Quote
I don't know if I'd trade for one... memories of Cordy Glenn too fresh lol. But I chose the last option: hope someone gets cut. We just don't have the assets to peddle right now. I think it's more likely (and still realistic) that we grab a finished product off the street and slot him in there like Richmond Webb from back in the day. A placeholder that can give Frank some time to work, and maybe even a known commodity league-wide that carries some respect. Still pining for Warford tbh.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 12:45 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think I'm just jaded from the years of "hope" that this guy will develop.

Just once I want to see a starting group around Burrow that is solid and we aren't worried about health or hoping this guy breaks through or rebounds.

It'd be nice to be back in the days where we had a roster that we actually were worried about what guys were going to lose a battle and be gone to another team versus now where we sit like vultures waiting to see what scraps fall to us.

All understandable.
Reply/Quote