Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would Your Day 2 Plans Be?
I was surprised by a corner. I wanted a NT or a Thomas at receiver (which some think might be a reach, but I think he'd be worth it).

What do you do in rounds 2 and 3?

I think I would trade our second and fourth round picks to move up in the second and take Thomas and then I'd take Adolphus Washington at nose in the third.

There hasn't been a run on nose tackles yet, but I think there will be and Washington will be the best nose left in the third.
Reply/Quote
Love Miles Jack. Depends on what their medical says ofc.

Thomas or Sheppard would be the WR to take this round.

Can always default to DL if necessary
Reply/Quote
We need pass rushers I might double down and go Day and Hargraves back to back. Hate that we only have 7 picks this year. So I would seriously consider trading Maccaron for more picks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Trade Kirkpatrick (paying a couple million of his deal) and their 2nd round pick to move up in the round and get Myles Jack.

Don't lose any more picks while trading up, and get Kirkpatrick's ridiculous $7.5m off the table while opening the door for Will Jackson and Dennard to start.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Trade Kirkpatrick (paying a couple million of his deal) and their 2nd round pick to move up in the round and get Myles Jack.

Don't lose any more picks while trading up, and get Kirkpatrick's ridiculous $7.5m off the table while opening the door for Will Jackson and Dennard to start.

Havent neg repped anyone yet. So I wont. Trade the #2 defense starting CB and pay cash and give up a second round pick for a hurt LB. That's about as bad an idea as ive heard as taking a punter in the 1st
Reply/Quote
Shocked we didnt go DT or DE with the players that are on the board. Sucked missing out on Doctson and Treadwell but if they wanted them as much as alot of us did, they had their chance to make a move. I was so happy when Fuller was taken thinking there is no way the Redskins take a WR leaving Treadwell or Doctson for us then BAM, still pretty pissed. But we all know Marvin likes his CB in the first so like I said in another post, I think they would have taken this CB even if those WR were on the board. I would have lost my mind, but hey we got a guy who can replace dre "swagbust" and kinda screwed Pitt so I guess I can live with this pick if he dosent sit on the bench for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Havent neg repped anyone yet. So I wont. Trade the #2 defense starting CB and pay cash and give up a second round pick for a hurt LB. That's about as bad an idea as ive heard as taking a punter in the 1st

I think you mean the 20th ranked passing defense's starting CB.

Also, you really need to look at your history. The Raiders DID take a punter in the 1st round once in 1973. Someone you might of heard of called Ray Guy. If you don't know him and need to learn more about him, you can find his bust in the Football Hall of Fame.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you mean the 20th ranked passing defense's starting CB.

Also, you really need to look at your history. The Raiders DID take a punter in the 1st round once in 1973. Someone you might of heard of called Ray Guy. If you don't know him and need to learn more about him, you can find his bust in the Football Hall of Fame.

Yea you are right. I thought it was a no brainer when the Jaguars took a punter in the 3rd round in 2012 right before Seattle got Russel Wilson. Dumb ass seahawks. shoulda traded up for that punter.

we were the #2 scoring D. points on the board decide games in the NFL. nothing else
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea you are right. I thought it was a no brainer when the Jaguars took a punter in the 3rd round in 2012 right before Seattle got Russel Wilson. Dumb ass seahawks. shoulda traded up for that punter.

we were the #2 scoring D. points on the board decide games in the NFL. nothing else

And DBs for the Bengals not named Adam Jones gave up 17 TDs last year. So Dre gave up plenty of TDs on the 20th ranked passing defense. You simply can't back up the claim he was great with any meaningful evidence.

Dude was also 3rd in the ENTIRE NFL in penalties and among league lead in CB missed tackles.

Reply/Quote
I hope a good DT drops to us in the 3rd, because we have to hope for Shepard or Thomas to fall to us. I'd be happy with either of them. If they're both gone, then a DT or DE would be in order. Wouldn't rule out TJ Green either if all of the good WRs are gone.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly there is not too many holes to fill. I'd be happy with BPA for any position besides QB and OT. Obviously a C and WR are preferable but I think we can still be contenders for the foreseeable future drafting BPA with a bigger picture mentality.
Reply/Quote
We are almost drafting in round 3 in round 2.....trade up and get Michael Thomas or Tyler Boyd, which ever Bengals feel can help them the most.  If we could just move up 5 spots, I think we get 1 of them.  We shouldn't have to trade off that much for 5 spots in round 2..........I do not want to see a run on WR right before we pick again in round 2. ...We are just picking to far back to get what we need.....have to trade a pick and move up.  We can make up for it by bringing in more undrafted players than normal, as was planned anyway. 

How do we know Thomas doesn't have the best career out of the WR's in the 2016 draft....If we come away with Thomas, that is a great round 2. ...or Boyd, who Bengals also like. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Shepard, Thomas, Boyd in that order is who I'm hoping for in the second, if not one of them a d-lineman, or maybe Jack if he's still available and we aren't too concerned with his knee.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:17 AM)I cant think of a username Wrote: Shepard, Thomas, Boyd in that order is who I'm hoping for in the second, if not one of them a d-lineman, or maybe Jack if he's still available and we aren't too concerned with his knee.

Jack blew it by telling reporters how bad that knee is.....that is a career ending type knee injury.....he would be a huge risk......we can't afford to roll the dice on that one. Not if we want that play-off win.  Jaylon Smith injury not as bad as Jack.....but neither can be counted on for 2016......so I'm hoping Thomas or Boyd who Bengals scouts like.  Trade up a few spots if we need to, dump some of those last round picks and just add more undrafted players, they are all about the same talent back there anyway. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well, the first round didn't go as expected. Bosa going 3rd to SD was a surprise. Eli Apple going #10. The Browns targeting Coleman, which ensured the WRs were going to be gone by the time we picked.

The best strategy for the Bengals in a deep draft like this one is to selected the BPA regardless of position, except for QB and RB.

Who'd have thunk that all these DTs would have slid like this? We're going to get good value in this draft. May not be at the WR position though since that's one of the weakest position in this draft.

At some point there's going to be a defensive lineman run.

Reply/Quote
2nd round.
Would really like any of these picks.
Austin Johnson DT Penn State
Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State

3rd round.
Depending on what happened in the 2nd
Willie Henry DT Michigan
Pharoah Cooper WR South Carolina
Matt Judon DE Grand Valley State

There are others I would be good with but these are just some of my favorites.
Reply/Quote
Draft Mike Thomas......... the non-Ohio State one
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Tons of talent on the D line. As far as WR, maybe we have our eye on Garrett or even the German Moritz. We love those project players. We got Dre's replacement now lets get Peko and Bodine's. then depth at DE.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Billings, Sterling Shepard, Michael Thomas, Kevin Dodd, and Tyler Boyd. Any of those picks and I will be very happy for our 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Love Miles Jack.   Depends on what their medical says ofc.  

Thomas or Sheppard would be the WR to take this round.    

Can always default to DL if necessary

Yep! DL is DEEP!! Can get a starter in the 4th if need be (remember this dude named Geno Atkins...um-K). 

LB,WR, and C should be rolling up on the board fairly soon. I'm fine with DL in the second if the FO feels that's the pick but as has already been mentioned is probably the deepest position in this particular draft.
Reply/Quote