I predict '15 redux.

We take another CB in the second round.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:10 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: WR: Thomas, Shepard, Boyd
DE: Dodd, Ogbah, Spence,  Correra, Calhoun
DT: Billings, Reed, Robinson, Jones, Johnson
LB: Jack, Jones, Cravens, Smith
S: Bell, Thompson, Green,
Other: Whitehair, Spriggs, Connor Cook (just because he's my favorite QB in this class), Hunter Henry, D. Henry

Bengals like BPA, here are 25 guys, let's get one

(04-29-2016, 12:21 PM)Au165 Wrote:  it would not shock me if one of the players everyone thinks will be "long gone before the Bengals pick" is sitting there, maybe even a couple of them.

I agree.

I doubt we take an O-lineman, QB, TE, RB, or DB in the second round, but other teams in front of us will.  That will push down the players at the positions we would probably be considering (DE, DT, LB, WR)

The draft this year was supposed to be very deep at DT, but teams usually don't use first round picks on DTs so there are a lot of them left on the board.  I also think all the teams that needed one were also thinking "There will be a good one left in the 2nd" so I predict a run on DTs in the second round.
Reply/Quote
Mike Thomas - Southern Miss

STRENGTHS Plays like his hair is on fire. Posted eye­-opening production in 2015. Motor is always in the red and brings enthusiasm and urgency to the field. Has good size, but plays even bigger. Able to play through contact and still make difficult, contested catches. Confidence took off as season progressed. Doesn't have blazing speed but hit explosive play after explosive play. Good leaper with great body control to win high percentage of 50-50 balls. Good hand fighter down the sideline. Will drain every yard he can get out of every catch.

WEAKNESSES Average athlete inside first 10 yards. Hip tightness limits sink into and out of breaks and routes can be very raw. JUCO transfer who played just two years of FBS football. Easy target to tag for press corners. Needs to vary approach and tempo of press release. Drop rate of 10.1 percent due to focus issues. Struggles creating separation at top of his routes versus tight man coverage. Needs more commitment as run blocker.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 6 or 7

SOURCES TELL US "You want to write him off when you start watching the tape and then he just starts outworking everyone for the big plays." -- NFL South scout

BOTTOM LINE While much of Thomas' production was churned out against middling competition, it is worth noting that he had at least one touchdown catch over his last 10 games including two touchdowns and 190 receiving yards in his bowl game against Washington. Thomas could face a struggle to get open against NFL press coverage, but his desire and competitiveness will make following his run in camp an interesting one.

Don't let NFL.com skew you with that draft prediction. This kid goes tonight somewhere. Joe Goodberry has him rated a second round pick.

https://youtu.be/L5hq-x4_5UA
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:54 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Mike Thomas - Southern Miss

STRENGTHS Plays like his hair is on fire. Posted eye­-opening production in 2015. Motor is always in the red and brings enthusiasm and urgency to the field. Has good size, but plays even bigger. Able to play through contact and still make difficult, contested catches. Confidence took off as season progressed. Doesn't have blazing speed but hit explosive play after explosive play. Good leaper with great body control to win high percentage of 50-50 balls. Good hand fighter down the sideline. Will drain every yard he can get out of every catch.

WEAKNESSES Average athlete inside first 10 yards. Hip tightness limits sink into and out of breaks and routes can be very raw. JUCO transfer who played just two years of FBS football. Easy target to tag for press corners. Needs to vary approach and tempo of press release. Drop rate of 10.1 percent due to focus issues. Struggles creating separation at top of his routes versus tight man coverage. Needs more commitment as run blocker.

SOURCES TELL US "You want to write him off when you start watching the tape and then he just starts outworking everyone for the big plays." -- NFL South scout

BOTTOM LINE While much of Thomas' production was churned out against middling competition, it is worth noting that he had at least one touchdown catch over his last 10 games including two touchdowns and 190 receiving yards in his bowl game against Washington. Thomas could face a struggle to get open against NFL press coverage, but his desire and competitiveness will make following his run in camp an interesting one.

Don't let NFL.com skew you with that draft prediction. This kid goes tonight somewhere. Joe Goodberry has him rated a second round pick.

Love the effort this dude plays with. Would be happy with him today as well. Nice post Lawless.
Reply/Quote
Tonight is the time where we will start to see picks and wonder, "who is this guy?".  Guys we thought would be 6th-7th rounders will be taken tonight and guys that some of us around here thought should go in the 1st round will fall into the 3rd day. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.

I doubt we take an O-lineman, QB, TE, RB, or DB in the second round, but other teams in front of us will.  That will push down the players at the positions we would probably be considering (DE, DT, LB, WR)

The draft this year was supposed to be very deep at DT, but teams usually don't use first round picks on DTs so there are a lot of them left on the board.  I also think all the teams that needed one were also thinking "There will be a good one left in the 2nd" so I predict a run on DTs in the second round.

Never say never on o-line. Not much depth there and Zeitler is in his last year. Not where I'd go with the pick but there are reasons to. Doesn't that just seem like a bengals move lol
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the effort this dude plays with. Would be happy with him today as well. Nice post Lawless.

I'm telling you man this kid plays like Chad Johnson. Maximum effort. I wanted a receiver last night and after it didn't happen I started doing research on some later round guys and this guy just pops out. So then I started doing research and reading everyone's opinion on him and my god he just has that "it" factor.

We know how Marvin likes to take guys that make him look smart in spite of the "expert" opinion. This guy fits that mantra.
Reply/Quote
Jack's knee is trashed from everything I've read and heard. There's a chance, a big chance he will never play in the NFL at all because of it so I seriously doubt that the Bengals go that far out on a limb to draft him. They might sign him as a CFA, but it's doubtful.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:06 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'm telling you man this kid plays like Chad Johnson. Maximum effort. I wanted a receiver last night and after it didn't happen I started doing research on some later round guys and this guy just pops out. So then I started doing research and reading everyone's opinion on him and my god he just has that "it" factor.

We know how Marvin likes to take guys that make him look smart in spite of the "expert" opinion. This guy fits that mantra.

There are still some good ones out there and this is definately one of the best.

Garrett, Sharpe, Braverman are a few mid rounders i also really like.
Reply/Quote
Round 2: BPA

Round 3: BPA

I'd be thrilled if a DT to groom behind Peko, A DE to add to Guenthers pass rush or a WR fit the bill.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:54 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Mike Thomas - Southern Miss

could we draft both mike thomas's?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: could we draft both mike thomas's?

Would be all for it just doubt one of them lasts into another round for it to be possible.

Plus we need an End, a DT and a Center in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: Jack's knee is trashed from everything I've read and heard.  There's a chance, a big chance he will never play in the NFL at all because of it so I seriously doubt that the Bengals go that far out on a limb to draft him. They might sign him as a CFA, but it's doubtful.

Never have I seen anything that says he may never play. You may be confused with Jaylon Smith where this is in fact possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Never have I seen anything that says he may never play. You may be confused with Jaylon Smith where this is in fact possible.

ive seen it said myles might not make it thru his first contract without needing mircofracter surgery but he can play now.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ive seen it said myles might not make it thru his first contract without needing mircofracter surgery but he can play now.

That is what I have seen. That is a far cry from he may never play in the NFL. If we get three years then he is out a year for micro fracture and we get another five I'd be cool with it. Remember Burffict came back last year from Micro Fracture and played very well.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is what I have seen. That is a far cry from he may never play in the NFL. If we get three years then he is out a year for micro fracture and we get another five I'd be cool with it. Remember Burffict came back last year from Micro Fracture and played very well.

that was my thinking...
Reply/Quote
I mentioned Joe Goodberry projecting Mike Thomas a second round pick..... here are his grades

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that was my thinking...

But his condition is degenerative. Meaning irreversible.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: But his condition is degenerative. Meaning irreversible.

The condition is degenerative, meaning it will get worse over time on it's own. Micro Fracture can fix it, at least to the point he could finish a full career.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is what I have seen. That is a far cry from he may never play in the NFL. If we get three years then he is out a year for micro fracture and we get another five I'd be cool with it. Remember Burffict came back last year from Micro Fracture and played very well.

I would be ok with this....    I wonder if we grab him with another shot.   
Reply/Quote