Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would Your Day 2 Plans Be?
(04-29-2016, 02:54 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Draft Mike Thomas......... the non-Ohio State one

Draft either. They both have all of the tools to be good in the NFL. You seem to not care much for the team that just produced a record tying 5 players in the first 20 picks! 

There is a very good reason that it went down that way.

I didn't see the Bama guys flying off of the boards did you?
Reply/Quote
Just keep picking BPA. It will all work out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DT and WR
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well first I got up and brushed my teeth. Then shaved and took a shower. Made coffee and drove to work. Now working and catching up on last nights Bengals news..........
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:45 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Andrew Billings, Sterling Shepard, Michael Thomas, Kevin Dodd, and Tyler Boyd. Any of those picks and I will be very happy for our 2nd round pick.

I really like Dodd. I would not be mad if they got him. But I am guessing they probably go Billings this round, WR in round 3-6. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Great pick and you stuck it to the "Hair Pullers". Wow, Happy Days.

I hope they go DLine and get one of the tackles but I would imagine there will be a run on them in the 2nd.We'll see.

Whoever can collapse the pocket or get to the QB. I just hope they don't reach for a WR. Stick with BPA. Regardless.

So in day 2 , I hope they do what they have been doing, stick to your board.

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Draft either. They both have all of the tools to be good in the NFL. You seem to not care much for the team that just produced a record tying 5 players in the first 20 picks! 

There is a very good reason that it went down that way.

I didn't see the Bama guys flying off of the boards did you?

Oh I love Bosa and Zeke I just did not see Thomas do a lot in college. The one from Southern Miss though....... I saw him go out and look like Chad Johnson. Mike Ocho Ocho.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:10 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Yep! DL is DEEP!! Can get a starter in the 4th if need be (remember this dude named Geno Atkins...um-K). 

LB,WR, and C should be rolling up on the board fairly soon. I'm fine with DL in the second if the FO feels that's the pick but as has already been mentioned is probably the deepest position in this particular draft.

Agree, DL and OL are deep. LB's are a wash this year. Miles with micro surgery, Ragland with enlarged Aorta, J Smith with Knee Surgery. What we saw picked in round 1 was it. Moving down into the rest of the rounds are LB's that don't bring anything extra to the table than what we already have on the roster. Time to focus on real needs now. WR, DL, C, K
Reply/Quote
WR: Thomas, Shepard, Boyd
DE: Dodd, Ogbah, Spence, Correra, Calhoun
DT: Billings, Reed, Robinson, Jones, Johnson
LB: Jack, Jones, Cravens, Smith
S: Bell, Thompson, Green,
Other: Whitehair, Spriggs, Connor Cook (just because he's my favorite QB in this class), Hunter Henry, D. Henry

Bengals like BPA, here are 25 guys, let's get one
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:39 AM)J24 Wrote: We need pass rushers I might double down and go Day and Hargraves back to back. Hate that we only have 7 picks this year. So I would seriously consider trading Maccaron  for more picks.
I'm still hoping that the Browns offer us their 2nd or third for him since Hue's familiar with him.

I don't think we need an end until after nose and receiver because we can find someone late to plug into a rotation.
(04-29-2016, 09:46 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Oh I love Bosa and Zeke I just did not see Thomas do a lot in college. The one from Southern Miss though....... I saw him go out and look like Chad Johnson. Mike Ocho Ocho.

Thomas suffered from poor QB play and he wasn't used properly at OSU, which is why he'd be a steal.

He'd be the possession receiver we need while offering a deep threat and big play ability.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And DBs for the Bengals not named Adam Jones gave up 17 TDs last year. So Dre gave up plenty of TDs on the 20th ranked passing defense. You simply can't back up the claim he was great with any meaningful evidence.

Dude was also 3rd in the ENTIRE NFL in penalties and among league lead in CB missed tackles.

Dre is not good. Trading him isnt the answer though. 

You let him play this year and then reevaluate him at the end of the year. If he doesnt preform, let him walk. If he has a good year, resign him. 

Also, if Dre is as bad as you say he is then how can you sit here and think teams are going to be eager to trade a draft pick for him?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Most want a WR or DT in round 2. Depending on how the draft pans out though, a good DE could be sitting there for the Bengals to take. That would then leave rounds 3 and 4 for a WR and DT. Wouldn't be shocked if that happened.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If a WR is left and is very close to the BPA do it, if not go BPA minus QB,RB,TE,Tackle,CB.

In the next 2 rounds I would imagine a WR worth the pick will be there and there will also be DTs worth it.
Reply/Quote
I doubt Shepard, Thomas or Boyd are there at 55 but if any of them are i would pick them.

I also doubt Ogbah, Calhoun or Spence are there at 55 but if any of them are there i would pick one of them.

DT in round 2 is what i would do most likely, Ridgeway or Hargrave.

WR in round 3, Garrett, Sharpe or the other Mike Thomas.

This would be my plan today.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt Shepard, Thomas or Boyd are there at 55 but if any of them are i would pick them.

I also doubt Ogbah, Calhoun or Spence are there at 55 but if any of them are there i would pick one of them.

DT in round 2 is what i would do most likely, Ridgeway or Hargrave.

WR in round 3, Garrett, Sharpe or the other Mike Thomas.

This would be my plan today.

Well someone has to be there. Guys like Billings, Reed, Robinson, Ragland, Jack, Bell, Thomas, Shepard, Boyd, Ogbah, Calhoun, Spence, Fuller, Alexander, Dodd, Cook, Spriggs, Whitehair, Henry are all on the board currently. Not saying Bengals, want or need these guys, but other teams do which means it brings the Bengals closer to "their guy". A very good player will be there when the Bengals pick, it would not shock me if one of the players everyone thinks will be "long gone before the Bengals pick" is sitting there, maybe even a couple of them. This is a great depth for that second tier player. The guys who can be good starters for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm still hoping that the Browns offer us their 2nd or third for him since Hue's familiar with him.

I don't think we need an end until after nose and receiver because we can find someone late to plug into a rotation.

Thomas suffered from poor QB play and he wasn't used properly at OSU, which is why he'd be a steal.

He'd be the possession receiver we need while offering a deep threat and big play ability.

browns picked up RGIII they arent trading for our backup to be their backup.

Although if Myles Jack slides to us... they might grab him
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well someone has to be there. Guys like Billings, Reed, Robinson, Ragland, Jack, Bell, Thomas, Shepard, Boyd, Ogbah, Calhoun, Spence, Fuller, Alexander, Dodd, Cook, Spriggs, Whitehair, Henry are all on the board currently. Not saying Bengals, want or need these guys, but other teams do which means it brings the Bengals closer to "their guy". A very good player will be there when the Bengals pick, it would not shock me if one of the players everyone thinks will be "long gone before the Bengals pick" is sitting there, maybe even a couple of them. This is a great depth for that second tier player. The guys who can be good starters for a long time.

Great post, damn, that is a lot of great players. Would love Billings, Reed, Robinson, Shepard, Thomas (either one), Boyd,
Ogbah, Calhoun, Spence, Fuller, Dodd, Whitehair, Henry all at 55. I would not have believed all these guys would be available
after the first round. Great news. Have to adjust now.

Don't like Myles Jack anymore, sounds worse than Jaylon Smith after what Lapham said. Cartilage growing INTO his knee.

Said 75% likelihood he will never be the same. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Jaylon in the 3rd or maybe Jack in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm still hoping that the Browns offer us their 2nd or third for him since Hue's familiar with him.

He's not the only player to "suffer" from poor QB play, there's plenty of WR's that suffer from poor QB play.
He showed little year over year improvement and I never saw him dominate any games other than the 1 playoff game.

Using your logic, you should've been pimping Corey Coleman. Guy put up over 1k yards, had multiple QB's passing to him and Baylor had the number 2 most run plays called last year, OSU was 41st. He showed year over year improvement and almost doubled Michael Thomas's output.
Reply/Quote
[Image: plan-b-contraception-4_3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post, damn, that is a lot of great players. Would love Billings, Reed, Robinson, Shepard, Thomas (either one), Boyd,
Ogbah, Calhoun, Spence, Fuller, Dodd, Whitehair, Henry all at 55. I would not have believed all these guys would be available
after the first round. Great news. Have to adjust now.

Don't like Myles Jack anymore, sounds worse than Jaylon Smith after what Lapham said. Cartilage growing INTO his knee.

Said 75% likelihood he will never be the same. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Jaylon in the 3rd or maybe Jack in the 4th.

Jaylon SMith is in a much worse situation than Jack. Jack could get Micro Fracture down the line and keep going, but there is a chance Smith like Marcus Lattimore never plays. The reward may be higher on Smith but Jack has a much better chance of contributing something.
Reply/Quote