Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would Your Day 2 Plans Be?
(04-29-2016, 12:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post, damn, that is a lot of great players. Would love Billings, Reed, Robinson, Shepard, Thomas (either one), Boyd,
Ogbah, Calhoun, Spence, Fuller, Dodd, Whitehair, Henry all at 55. I would not have believed all these guys would be available
after the first round. Great news. Have to adjust now.

Don't like Myles Jack anymore, sounds worse than Jaylon Smith after what Lapham said. Cartilage growing INTO his knee.

Said 75% likelihood he will never be the same. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Jaylon in the 3rd or maybe Jack in the 4th.

It was announced yesterday before the draft that Ragland has an enlarged Aorta. Aortic Anuryesm's are life threatening. You hear about athletes suddenly dying from these. Enlarged Aorta's aren't uncommon. However, treatment requires invasive surgery and in some patients it's very risky. Really sorry for Reggie Ragland. Tough break for the young man.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:30 PM)SFmajor Wrote: It was announced yesterday before the draft that Ragland has an enlarged Aorta.  Aortic Anuryesm's are life threatening.  You hear about athletes suddenly dying from these.  Enlarged Aorta's aren't uncommon.  However, treatment requires invasive surgery and in some patients it's very risky.  Really sorry for Reggie Ragland.  Tough break for the young man.

It was reported many believed it would have no effect on his career. They would monitor, but didn't see it causing long term issues. Some lowered him, but he will still go. The bigger issues, is he is only a 2 down LB. More of a 3-4 run stuffer.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:30 PM)SFmajor Wrote: It was announced yesterday before the draft that Ragland has an enlarged Aorta.  Aortic Anuryesm's are life threatening.  You hear about athletes suddenly dying from these.  Enlarged Aorta's aren't uncommon.  However, treatment requires invasive surgery and in some patients it's very risky.  Really sorry for Reggie Ragland.  Tough break for the young man.

Rough.
Reply/Quote
Bilings in 2 Braxton Miller in 3 would make me very happy
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: It was reported many believed it would have no effect on his career. They would monitor, but didn't see it causing long term issues. Some lowered him, but he will still go. The bigger issues, is he is only a 2 down LB. More of a 3-4 run stuffer.

that sucks as 60% or more is generally a nickle/dime defense nowadays
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that sucks as 60% or more is generally a nickle/dime defense nowadays

Right. He is the normal Alabama bigger run stuffing big hitter that the NFL is getting away from. He is basically Rey MAuluga. Someone will take him thinking they can teach him to cover though.
Reply/Quote
DT, DE, WR, or OC. We can really go in a number of directions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
my plans are to drink beer and coffee and play games and if the city doesnt erupt in fire ill assume we did good... lol

Depends on who starts to fall if the bengals feel they can step back a few picks and pick up an extra late pick they might do that. But with all this talent ill say we hold pat and draft DL and WR but thats what everyone expects us to do so maybe LB/TE lol
Reply/Quote
So I think we could get Jack and use him now....

https://twitter.com/MylesJack/status/726113668602036224

If he can dunk and land without issue, I'm guessing the knee is good to go right now. We can worry about the degeneration down the line.
Reply/Quote
And now there is this...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m9 minutes ago

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

If he still falls you take him ASAP.
Reply/Quote
Shepard or Thomas at WR and Billings at DT. Whoever is the highest on their board and if they're avaliable.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: So I think we could get Jack and use him now....

https://twitter.com/MylesJack/status/726113668602036224

If he can dunk and land without issue, I'm guessing the knee is good to go right now. We can worry about the degeneration down the line.

if jack is there im on board with the pick. Swing a trade for a WR if one isnt found in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: And now there is this...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m9 minutes ago

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

If he still falls you take him ASAP.

I would not dislike the pick in the 2nd now.

Still would rather have Billings but i doubt he falls to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would not dislike the pick in the 2nd now.

Still would rather have Billings but i doubt he falls to us.

yeah but every year there are those guys who we never consider because they shouldnt make it to us and then there they are sitting right there.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but every year there are those guys who we never consider because they shouldnt make it to us and then there they are sitting right there.

Have my fingers crossed for Billings.

But then again it would really suck if he did fall to us and we passed on him.

That would make me furious lol
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have my fingers crossed for Billings.

But then again it would really suck if he did fall to us and we passed on him.

That would make me furious lol

already happened once
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: already happened once

Yeah, but i understand why they would take Action Jackson ahead of him.

At 55 the only player i would take ahead of him is maybe Sterling Shepard cause of the bigger need.

Even then i would probably rather have Billings. If they passed on him a second time.... Shocked
Reply/Quote
For the 2nd round:

Want one of:
WR: Thomas/Shepard
DT: Billings
DE: Dodd/Ogbah/Bullard
FS: T.J. Green

Would be satisfied with:
WR Boyd/Cooper
OG Whitehair/Martin
DT Johnson/Jones
DE Calhoun/Nassib/Ward
LB Ragland
SS Bell

Would be pleasantly surprised by:
DT Reed
LB Jack
RB Henry

Stay away from:

DT Robinson

For the 3rd round it depends on who is selected in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:59 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Never say never on o-line. Not much depth there and Zeitler is in his last year. Not where I'd go with the pick but there are reasons to. Doesn't that just seem like a bengals move lol

I predict we will draft a Center in mid to late rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:18 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: For the 2nd round:

Want one of:
WR: Thomas/Shepard
DT: Billings
DE: Dodd/Ogbah/Bullard
FS: T.J. Green

Would be satisfied with:
WR Boyd/Cooper
OG Whitehair/Martin
DT Johnson/Jones
DE Calhoun/Nassib/Ward
LB Ragland
SS Bell

Would be pleasantly surprised by:
DT Reed
LB Jack
RB Henry

Stay away from:

DT Robinson

For the 3rd round it depends on who is selected in the 2nd.

Noah Spence too small for you?

Why stay away from Robinson?
Reply/Quote