Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What a painful loss
(12-14-2021, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I said I would enjoy the ride, even when they lose.  Yes.  I enjoyed watching a fired-up Burrow come from behind and take a lead in OT.  I enjoyed that a lot.  If you can't accept the bad in life and never focus on the good, I think that is a recipe for misery.  

And a good ride it’s been so far. There has been a lot of improvement to this team over last year and we are still in it. Tough to complain about that achievement. We still have a lot of weaknesses heading down the final stretch and fingers crossed, we figure it out and hopefully win a playoff game or two.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of things we can nitpick in every game, even in the wins we have. The bottom line for me is if Phillips didnt lose two fumbles deep in our own territory, we wouldn't be sitting here nitpicking another loss right now. There are always bad plays in every game, but imo, those two plays were the true game-changers because it gave them 10 easy points and kept our offense on the sideline.

Almost like the playoff loss to the Squealers. We can blame Pacman and Burfict all day, but if our asshat RB could've held onto the ball, we win and there would be no discussion of Pacman or Burfict.

Losing sucks. Handing another team the game with stupid mistakes sucks even worse. They didnt beat us, we beat ourselves once again.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: If it does not result in victory where's the fun? Until we see them at minimum win a playoff game and really when we see them hoist a Lombardi why should stats in losses be fun?

Losing sucks but following the teams progress and seeing the development of this tough young team with stars all over the field is absolutely fun.  They play hard, even in losses, the other team knows they were in a fight and fortunate to have gotten the dub at all.  I'll always be happy to support a team that plays like this, and I'll have a good time doing it to, win or lose.

Now when we go and bungal shit to death and take about 75 years too long to fire goddam Marvin Lewis for instance, I can be the pissiest pessimist ever.  This aint that kind of team.  They're young with a ton of talent and a leader in Burrow that is going to be our Montana imo.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote