Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What a painful loss
(12-13-2021, 02:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That explains a lot.... Hilarious

Not gonna lie, I've had at least 5 concussions in my life ... 2 weren't from football and one was from playing RB.. Back then you still played though..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was there also.. i don;t see as much conservative as lack of being consistent for 4 quarters, how many games does Burrow come out just blah in 1st half.. this game was lost on Special Teams...

Well, they script the first 10 plays don't they?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They took a chance on a second round pick who was no guarantee. That guy can't even see the field right now. 

He was no guarantee, but he had 58 NFL starts with 3 different teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, they script the first 10 plays don't they?

First two drives, it seems (so 15ish plays or so, IIRC).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was no guarantee, but he had 58 NFL starts with 3 different teams.

Think he's talking about Carman.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Think he's talking about Carman.

Carman was not supposed to be a starter this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Carman was not supposed to be a starter this year.

I get that, but that makes it even worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:52 PM)Tony Wrote: This is the worst lost of the season to me. They are what they are at this point... This loss killed any chance at the playoffs..  no way this team goes 3 -1 to get in..

They could go .500....if the 2 wins are against the ravens and browns they may well end up a 9-8 division champ especially with Lamar's injury.

And they definitely could go 3-1, I expect it....  The only game I'd expect them to lose is k.c.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:03 PM)Tony Wrote: They are fun to watch? Some of you guys are softer than my stool in the morning... I have IBS by the way.. When are you guys gonna get not everyone is rainbows and sunshine about everything? That's not how the world works.. They are fun to watch lol, ridiculous..

A top 6 offense in the NFL isn't fun to watch?

A top 6 rush defense in the NFL isn't fun to watch?

Joe Burrow?  Ja'Marr Chase?  Joe Mixon?  Trey Hendrickson?  Chido?

Ok, I guess if you aren't....I don't know....the Cardinals? You aren't fun to watch?  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: A top 6 offense in the NFL isn't fun to watch?

Ok, I guess if you aren't....I don't know....the Cardinals? You aren't fun to watch?  

If it does not result in victory where's the fun? Until we see them at minimum win a playoff game and really when we see them hoist a Lombardi why should stats in losses be fun?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: If it does not result in victory where's the fun? Until we see them at minimum win a playoff game and really when we see them hoist a Lombardi why should stats in losses be fun?

So, based on...what, 24 games in his pro career, you have already made the determination that Joe Burrow won't win a Super Bowl here?  Well, I think he will.  And I am going to enjoy every bit of the ride....yes, even when they lose.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, based on...what, 24 games in his pro career, you have already made the determination that Joe Burrow won't win a Super Bowl here?  Well, I think he will.  And I am going to enjoy every bit of the ride....yes, even when they lose.  

You do realize that every team that gets the #1 overall pick is in the Super Bowl 2 years later, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: A top 6 offense in the NFL isn't fun to watch?

That's all moral victory stuff. Wins and losses are what counts...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, based on...what, 24 games in his pro career, you have already made the determination that Joe Burrow won't win a Super Bowl here?  Well, I think he will.  And I am going to enjoy every bit of the ride....yes, even when they lose.  

YOU enjoy the losing? That explains a lot...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:34 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Just goes to show how much talent there is on both sides of the offense and defense. Zac on the other hand, just has no clue. The talent is carrying this team.

Having Zac is like having the best ingredients in the world to make the best meal, but with a cook who has no clue and creates the biggest turd in the end.

[Image: nintendo-breath-of-the-wild-food.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To be fair, pretty much no one has an answer for Kittle, and we did not have Wilson. Everyone should have known going into the game Kittle would be huge.

Kittle had his day and no one was gonna stop him, when he caught that amazing leap fingertip catch in OT.. it was over.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 07:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You do realize that every team that gets the #1 overall pick is in the Super Bowl 2 years later, right?

Shit.  I must have missed that one in the media guide.  My bad.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:30 PM)Tony Wrote: That's all moral victory stuff. Wins and losses are what counts...

Cool.  So, every team but one each year is not fun, it doesn't count, and is a failure.  Ok, but I still have optimism because I see the Bengals as a team on the rise, with one of the top 3 young QBs in the league.  I think a lot of FA will want to play here.  I believe they are managing the cap well.  I see a team that has a shot this season when many others thought they would be lucky to win 5 games.  They are "ahead of schedule".  

Remember, these posts are easy to search, and should the Bengals win the division I think there will be a lot of victory laps. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:33 PM)Tony Wrote: YOU enjoy the losing? That explains a lot...

I said I would enjoy the ride, even when they lose.  Yes.  I enjoyed watching a fired-up Burrow come from behind and take a lead in OT.  I enjoyed that a lot.  If you can't accept the bad in life and never focus on the good, I think that is a recipe for misery.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:36 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: They could go .500....if the 2 wins are against the ravens and browns they may well end up a 9-8 division champ especially with Lamar's injury.

And they definitely could go 3-1, I expect it....  The only game I'd expect them to lose is k.c.

Watch them end up winning that game.  If KC keeps throttling teams (which I hope they do, because the Chargers are one team they would send packing) then they may not need the win against Cincy as bad as Cincy needs it.  

Either way, it is going to be a fun game.  
Reply/Quote