Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are Realistic options for next Head Coach & Staff given what Mike B. will spend?
(09-12-2017, 02:04 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Make Zimmer an offer that includes complete autonomy.

Horrible idea.  I don't know why anyone would want to give a coach total autonomy.  You need a personnel guy and other guys that can devote the time to their job.  Asking a coach to do 2 major jobs at once is not a good idea.

Especially one that hasn't shown that he can win anything, let alone run an organization while coaching.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Horrible idea.  I don't know why anyone would want to give a coach total autonomy.  You need a personnel guy and other guys that can devote the time to their job.  Asking a coach to do 2 major jobs at once is not a good idea.

Especially one that hasn't shown that he can win anything, let alone run an organization while coaching.

As evidenced by asking coaches to also be scouts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Realistic options?

Either promote Paulie G to head coach, or find a average coordinator that has never been a head coach before giving him less power than Marvin has had. Tobin and the GMs would still have say on other coaches.

Idealistic options?

Fire Tobin, and bring in someone that has ran a GM office before for a successful team. If needed hire someone that knows how to work the salary cap for short term and long term to maximize talent from free agency year in and year out. Expand scouting staff beyond youtube capablities. Find one of the best coordinators that is considered a top hire for a head coach, letting him work with the new GM in building his coaching staff and roster. Or if not a coordinator a head coach that was good but needed a new change of scenery, like a Jack Del Rio.

Oh, and dare I say build an indoor practice facility. Some high schools, colleges, and the Browns all have one in Ohio, so time to catch up with rest of the football world.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote