Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor: Bengals' wide receivers 'got bullied' in loss to Pats
(12-16-2019, 02:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: Eifert is finished.  The injuries have taken a toll on his game and he looks like a shadow of his former self out there.

The Bengals would be better off making Amari Cooper the highest paid WR in the league than tagging AJ for $18 mil.  The other issue is this is AJ's 9th year. He counts normally for comp picks this year, but maxes at a 5th if you tag him and let him walk after next year.

Cooper is a pretty good idea. It's a fairly weak free agent class at WR.

Breshad Perriman and Robby Anderson, but they're not #1's.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:53 PM)treee Wrote: I can't believe we weren't challenging the single-high safety look by trying to take the top off with Ross. Clearly Taylor doesn't trust Dalton, Ross, or both.

It's been 3 years and two coaching staffs. John Ross is incapable of taking the top off. Let's not imagine any opposing defense actually views him as a threat.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:14 PM)cj1895 Wrote: It's been 3 years and two coaching staffs. John Ross is incapable of taking the top off. Let's not imagine any opposing defense actually views him as a threat.

It's starting to appear that the coaching staff realizes this too.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cooper is a pretty good idea. It's a fairly weak free agent class at WR.

It’s supposed to be a great draft for WR. I’d rather go LB, OL, or DB in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s supposed to be a great draft for WR. I’d rather go LB, OL, or DB in FA.

Ideally, that would be my plan too. I'd go Jefferson at 33.

Littleton in free agency. Conklin and Scherff. Honestly though, I doubt we sign any 1 of those guys.

I wonder what the team is going to do with Vigil? He looks better now that Brown is gone. Good enough that some team might try to sign him now.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cooper is a pretty good idea. It's a fairly weak free agent class at WR.

I don't think Cooper is really realistic, but him on a multi year deal in his prime at $23-24 mil would be better than a washed up AJ on a one year $18 mil deal.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:06 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: This is the 2nd week in a row Taylor has thrown his players under the bus.

(12-16-2019, 02:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a hack.

Coach doesn't criticize players .

Squeal about "no accountability ".

Coach criticizes players.

Squeal about "throwing players unde bus"
Reply/Quote
Dalton is just terrible.That’s all that needs to be said.It appears the “blame game”is heating up.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Translation: "I watched the tape and Boyd was right."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coach doesn't criticize players .

Squeal about "no accountability ".

Coach criticizes players.

Squeal about "throwing players unde bus"

You shouldn't criticize your players, when you yourself has made errors, especially playcalling.

Who squealed about no accountability when the coach didn't criticize players?  It wasn't me.  I know you're just making a general statement.

Andy stared down Boyd through that whole pick six route.  Fred you could have jumped that route and at least took it halfway to the house!  And the other interception thrown to Boyd was slightly thrown behind him with a questionable pass interference.  Also, I might be mistaken, but I think Boyd did play DB and knock down a pass that the defender could have had an interception.  I think there is another that Erickson knocked down.   IMO I think Andy has gotten to accustomed in throwing 50 / 50 balls and hoping the receiver comes away with it.  Everyone isn't Auden Tate or A.J. Green on jump balls!  When is the last time you have seen Andy lead a receiver open on a pass!?  And I admit that I haven't seen Bengal receivers get much separation.

Taylor says the receivers got bullied but doesn't say Dalton threw some very bad passes.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 07:48 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: You shouldn't criticize your players, when you yourself has made errors, especially playcalling.

Who squealed about no accountability when the coach didn't criticize players?  It wasn't me.  I know you're just making a general statement.

Andy stared down Boyd through that whole pick six route.  Fred you could have jumped that route and at least took it halfway to the house!  And the other interception thrown to Boyd was slightly thrown behind him with a questionable pass interference.  Also, I might be mistaken, but I think Boyd did play DB and knock down a pass that the defender could have had an interception.  I think there is another that Erickson knocked down.   IMO I think Andy has gotten to accustomed in throwing 50 / 50 balls and hoping the receiver comes away with it.  Everyone isn't Auden Tate or A.J. Green on jump balls!  When is the last time you have seen Andy lead a receiver open on a pass!?  And I admit that I haven't seen Bengal receivers get much separation.

Taylor says the receivers got bullied but doesn't say Dalton threw some very bad passes.

It's interesting how much he defends Andy...considering he benched him for Finley.

This team is like a poorly written soap opera.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 07:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Translation: "I watched the tape and Boyd was right."
Yep...this sums it up!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 07:48 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: You shouldn't criticize your players, when you yourself has made errors, especially playcalling.

See that's what the problem was with his statement.

If you're going to hold a player to accountabilities then you must do it to others.

Taylor is a bush league coach.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote