Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What do we do if AJ wins?
And plays pretty well in the process? Are we so eager to get back our original starter amd his 0-4 playoff record? If Mccarron wins and we beat the ****boy Steelers while purging the playoff ghosts of the past, who in their right mind will be in a rush to get the other guy back? Seriously, think about it for a moment....
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
lol he called Andy a **** boy.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: lol he called Andy a **** boy.

I believe you misread something.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote
What do we do? Rejoice.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I guess it still depends. If AJM plays great you have to stay with the hot hand no matter what.

If he plays bad and we still win and Dalton can throw the ball well we should go with Dalton.

Dalton is better at reading Defenses. Just look at how Peyton came back and brought the running
game back for the Broncos with this ability. Plus Dalton is a much better athlete running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:51 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: And plays pretty well in the process? Are we so eager to get back our original starter amd his 0-4 playoff record? If Mccarron wins and we beat the ******* Steelers while purging the playoff ghosts of the past, who in their right mind will be in a rush to get the other guy back? Seriously, think about it for a moment....

Andy is the QB.  If he's healthy, he will play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
McCarron would have to step up his game considerably in a victory. He hasn't shown he's a significantly better qb then Dalton no matter what the outcome of Saturdays game. If we win it'll be because the D and Offensive weapons stepped up for McCarron like they never did for Dalton. And that may be something to consider. As to why they would get it together for McCarron and not Dalton.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: McCarron would have to step up his game considerably in a victory. He hasn't shown he's a significantly better qb then Dalton no matter what the outcome of Saturdays game. If we win it'll be because the D and Offensive weapons stepped up for McCarron like they never did for Dalton. And that may be something to consider. As to why they would get it together for McCarron and not Dalton.

Maybe because they are healthy?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:51 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: And plays pretty well in the process? Are we so eager to get back our original starter amd his 0-4 playoff record? If Mccarron wins and we beat the ******* Steelers while purging the playoff ghosts of the past, who in their right mind will be in a rush to get the other guy back? Seriously, think about it for a moment....

Considering AJM hasn't exactly played lights out, I don't think this is a problem we'll have. He should be enough to help us beat the Steelers, but I doubt he's going to play well enough to make it a tough decision for ML when Andy comes back.
Reply/Quote
Trade Dalton to Houston.
Reply/Quote

All depends on Dalton's thumb and ability to take snaps and grip the ball and throw.

Like it or not, Dalton has a significantly better command of the offense than AJM. A second round meeting with Denver in Denver would mean that I'd want Dalton in there with AJM ready to come in.

Correction, looks like we'd be in NE. Hum, that's an interesting one.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All depends on Dalton's thumb and ability to take snaps and grip the ball and throw.

Like it or not, Dalton has a significantly better command of the offense than AJM. A second round meeting with Denver in Denver would mean that I'd want Dalton in there with AJM ready to come in.

Yeah, pretty much what i said.
Reply/Quote
If AJ knocks out the steelers in his first NFL playoff game we celebrate harder then ever
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
The last few games have really shown me how much better of a QB Dalton is over AJ. I'm glad we have a good backup, but the difference between Dalton and AJ is huge.

Ask yourself this:

Do we lose the Denver game with Dalton?
Do we lose the Pittsburgh game with Dalton?

I don't. Dalton is mentally so much further along that it's not even funny.
Reply/Quote
We cheer like hell.... WHO DEY and prepare for next week with AJ as starter unless Dalton is good to go, then we feel good that Dalton gets hurt we at least have a decent backup to put in now.
Reply/Quote
Andy will be the starter the moment he's healthy. You guys really need to stop with the dumb shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:28 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Andy will be the starter the moment he's healthy. You guys really need to stop with the dumb shit.

Yea, the starter for the Texans in 2016!

ZING!

AJ McCarron = Super Bowl MVP
Reply/Quote
I don't think AJ is making too many changes at the line. They didn't really trust Andy to do that either his first two seasons. That's going to be huge in the playoffs where DC's are going to be disguising coverages and trying to mix up packages. Andy has a better ability to change the play based on what he sees. Even if AJ sees something, I don't think Marvin is comfortable letting him make changes.

I think that's been part of the problem, especially with Denver. AJ would step up, see the blitz and play into it instead of running another play.

I know some people are hoping he's the next Brady, but Brady was almost a non-factor in the Superbowl people are wanting this one to be similar to. The Pats led 14-3 at the end of the first half thanks to a pick 6 and a forced fumble (that Brady turned into seven points). They had another interception in the fourth that set up a field goal. If any of those defensive plays hadn't happened, Brady wouldn't have accounted for more than one touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The last few games have really shown me how much better of a QB Dalton is over AJ.  I'm glad we have a good backup, but the difference between Dalton and AJ is huge.

Ask yourself this:

Do we lose the Denver game with Dalton?
Do we lose the Pittsburgh game with Dalton?

I don't.  Dalton is mentally so much further along that it's not even funny.

I agree, i bet we win both of those games if we had Dalton. Our running game would of been much
more potent cause teams couldn't just stack the box and dare us to throw, plus Dalton would of been
able to run for some yards.

Dalton reads Defenses very well, especially this year.
Reply/Quote
Andy is not out of the cast as of yet? If he does not get out of the case soon, muscle mass may be a bigger issue than the thumb fracture.. I am wondering how long it will take for his arm to heal properly...
Reply/Quote