Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-22-2020, 03:14 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I guess I’m remembering things wrong. My bad. We definitely botched that whole situation though. Should have traded back up or never traded down to begin with. I get that it’s hindsight. We all pushed for the move. I remember someone brought it up on the boards and then on Hobson’s choice, and then they actually made it happen. They were trying so I’ll give them that. Didn’t work out. Oh well.

No biggie, that 1st round wound being an overall disaster for the Bengals. At that point, I was hoping for James Daniels or Will Hernandez since we knew Marvin wasn't a fan of Lamar.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If Sewell is not there at 3, i say we go with Chase, give Burrow a clear number 1 option and a guy he broke records with. We are seeing how good Jefferson is, and Chase is better , and then we can move on from AJ, free up the money, and use it to sign the best possible OL free agent, and use the rest of the draft to build up the Defense.
Reply/Quote
While Chase would be nice. I dont feel it would be the best use of the pick. I believe that Burrow can make average wrs look great. I feel Surtain or Parsons would be a better pick.

And just FA the O line wirh a great tackle and guard.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 08:31 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: While Chase would be nice. I dont feel it would be the best use of the pick. I believe that Burrow can make average wrs look great. I feel Surtain or Parsons would be a better pick.

But as good as Burrow was our offense did struggle at times. We have no true deep threat, and we constantly had to settle for FG’s instead of TD’s. We need another weapon, be it WR or TE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, that tweet was before the Florida game. Still disproves Jpoore’s claim that Surtain “gets beat way too much.”
How does it disprove my claim? All it proves is he dosent get beat deep. He still gets beat a ton.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: How does it disprove my claim? All it proves is he dosent get beat deep. He still gets beat a ton.

I guess he’s up for defensive player of the year because he gets beat so much. They must have decided to do things Bizzaro World style in honor of 2020...

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 05:02 AM)European Tiger Wrote: If Sewell is not there at 3, i say we go with Chase, give Burrow a clear number 1 option and a guy he broke records with. We are seeing how good Jefferson is, and Chase is better , and then we can move on from AJ, free up the money, and use it to sign the best possible OL free agent,  and use the rest of the draft to build up the Defense.

You have to also build Oline in the draft.. even if you sign a decent OL FA, you need to draft at least one in top 4 rounds.  and in 2/3 years they will probably be gone and you are back to square one. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 08:31 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: While Chase would be nice. I dont feel it would be the best use of the pick. I believe that Burrow can make average wrs look great. I feel Surtain or Parsons would be a better pick.

Well Tate did not look great with Burrow, not buying that Burrow can make "avg" look great  yet.... but the good is we don;t have average WRs in Boyd and Higgins, we have good Wrs that can make bad throws catches also and get open with good routes etc.... so if we don;t go WR i won;t be disappointed because we have 2 good ones already and that is where i would target a FA pickup.. veteran WR or TE for Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
Zach Wilson did his part last night to make sure Sewell is there at #3.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:45 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Zach Wilson did his part last night to make sure Sewell is there at #3.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he goes 2nd to the Jets. He’s got the same PFF grade as some Joe guy that was apparently pretty good last year...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
I think the best thing we have going for us is Mekhl Becton.

WTS, I can see the Chargers moving up to #2 to reunite Sewell with Herbert. Jets could probably still get the #2 QB in the draft at #5 and get #37 from the Chargers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess he’s up for defensive player of the year because he gets beat so much. They must have decided to do things Bizzaro World style in honor of 2020...

He plays for Bama. Enough said. Similar to wade being in the running for an all American despite being very bad this year... surtain... He’s been good this year but Farley has definitely been better. Surtain excels in press coverage but he’s leaves a lot to be desired in off man and zone coverage. Not what u want from a top 8 pick
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 09:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He plays for Bama. Enough said. Similar to wade being in the running for an all American despite being very bad this year... surtain... He’s been good this year but Farley has definitely been better. Surtain excels in press coverage but he’s leaves a lot to be desired in off man and zone coverage. Not what u want from a top 8 pick

What can I say, I disagree with you as usual. Surtain is my #1 defensive player if we go that side of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the best thing we have going for us is Mekhl Becton.

WTS, I can see the Chargers moving up to #2 to reunite Sewell with Herbert. Jets could probably still get the #2 QB in the draft at #5 and get #37 from the Chargers

Chargers are currently 9th in the draft order.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 02:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Chargers are currently 9th in the draft order.

They are playing well too; I could see them win this week against Denver.

I still think it’s likely Sewell goes 2. I could see the Jets trading down for a Qb, and someone trading up for Sewell. But I could see the Jets taking Sewell too. It’d be nice to see them stay put and pick a Qb. We’ll see. Maybe a QB lights the world on fire in the next couple weeks like people are saying. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to talk to the Jets about swapping picks to ensure someone else doesn’t swoop in. We’ll see what happens with the college games and the final draft order here these next couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 04:22 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: They are playing well too; I could see them win this week against Denver.

I still think it’s likely Sewell goes 2. I could see the Jets trading down for a Qb, and someone trading up for Sewell. But I could see the Jets taking Sewell too. It’d be nice to see them stay put and pick a Qb. We’ll see. Maybe a QB lights the world on fire in the next couple weeks like people are saying. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to talk to the Jets about swapping picks to ensure someone else doesn’t swoop in. We’ll see what happens with the college games and the final draft order here these next couple weeks.

After we beat Texans (they have yet to beat any good team) on Sunday, we will be looking at drafting in the 5th-7th pick depending on results this weekend
Reply/Quote
It's possible we won't be picking third. The Texans traded their first rounder to miami. If they lose out, we could end up falling back.
As to the op, right now I'm leaning towards trying to drop back a couple spots and get rousseau. Or, if we fall back a couple spots, stay pat and pick him up. There's a lot of question marks there but I think he's got a lot of talent and wants to play
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:52 PM)Benton Wrote: It's possible we won't be picking third. The Texans traded their first rounder to miami. If they lose out, we could end up falling back.
As to the op, right now I'm leaning towards trying to drop back a couple spots and get rousseau. Or, if we fall back a couple spots, stay pat and pick him up. There's a lot of question marks there but I think he's got a lot of talent and wants to play

He is having a great sophomore year and if you look at Chase he only has one great year under his belt also.. Bengals don;t normally trade back, i am an advocate for trading back especially is Sewell is gone at #3 and we are still at #3, but just have a feeling we are going to win this weekend and will probably put us sitting 4th at best
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 04:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is having a great sophomore year and if you look at Chase he only has one great year under his belt also.. Bengals don;t normally trade back, i am an advocate for trading back especially is Sewell is gone at #3 and we are still at #3, but just have a feeling we are going to win this weekend and will probably put us sitting 4th at best

Bengals have traded back twice in less than a decade.

2018 - Bengals traded back from 12 to 21 with Bills and get Cordy Glenn in the process, then took Price at 21.
2012 - Bengals traded back from 21 to 24 and picked up Zeitler.

The Bengals also traded back in 2004, and also in 1992.

Actually, the bigger surprise is the Bengals actually trading UP in the 1st. They haven't done that since 1995, where they got Ki-Jana Carter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 02:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Chargers are currently 9th in the draft order.

You underestimate my ability to see the future. 

OK, it was my ability to see into the past. I looked at a draft order from earlier in the season.

WTS, I think Chargers will be motivated to put something together to get Herbert his LT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote