Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-24-2020, 03:52 PM)Benton Wrote: It's possible we won't be picking third. The Texans traded their first rounder to miami. If they lose out, we could end up falling back.
As to the op, right now I'm leaning towards trying to drop back a couple spots and get rousseau. Or, if we fall back a couple spots, stay pat and pick him up. There's a lot of question marks there but I think he's got a lot of talent and wants to play

Yeah, I’m a little bitter about Houston being so stupid and making Miami even better. Made Arizona a lot better too. And when they could really use a high draft pick they don’t have one. Lol. Hoping Sewell is gone before Miami picks as that would be kinda crappy to see Miami land him.

I’m totally fine with beating Houston, dropping in the draft order, and picking up a potential stud pass rusher. It’s really the major missing piece on defense for us (consistent pass rush/good rotation).

I’d love to get Sewell too. We’ll see what happens. If we didn’t have a shot at him anyways (he goes 2 overall), dropping in the order and grabbing a solid defensive playmaker or even a receiver like Chase would be nice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 04:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is having a great sophomore year and if you look at Chase he only has one great year under his belt also.. Bengals don;t normally trade back, i am an advocate for trading back especially is Sewell is gone at #3 and we are still at #3, but just have a feeling we are going to win this weekend and will probably put us sitting 4th at best
Pretty sure we’re 1.5 games ahead right? So we would have to win out to drop further than 3.
(12-24-2020, 06:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, I’m a little bitter about Houston being so stupid and making Miami even better. Made Arizona a lot better too. And when they could really use a high draft pick they don’t have one. Lol. Hoping Sewell is gone before Miami picks as that would be kinda crappy to see Miami land him.

I’m totally fine with beating Houston, dropping in the draft order, and picking up a potential stud pass rusher. It’s really the major missing piece on defense for us (consistent pass rush/good rotation).

I’d love to get Sewell too. We’ll see what happens. If we didn’t have a shot at him anyways (he goes 2 overall), dropping in the order and grabbing a solid defensive playmaker or even a receiver like Chase would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 06:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, I’m a little bitter about Houston being so stupid and making Miami even better. Made Arizona a lot better too. And when they could really use a high draft pick they don’t have one. Lol. Hoping Sewell is gone before Miami picks as that would be kinda crappy to see Miami land him.

Agreed. I'd like to get sewell,but we need an edge rusher too. Given how rarely we drop back, I'm good with winning out and falling back afew picks. At this point, there's speculation sewell may not be there at three. Hell,if miami is targeting him and ends up picking third-fifth, it wouldn't be out of possibility for them to trade up a couple spots to get him.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 06:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Pretty sure we’re 1.5 games ahead right? So we would have to win out to drop further than 3.

No.  A win and a loss would make the Bengals 4-11-1.  Carolina, Atlanta, and Houston could all go 4-12 and Philadelphia could go 4-11-1 going against a weaker schedule.  So a win could potentially drop the Bengals to 7th.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 06:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Pretty sure we’re 1.5 games ahead right? So we would have to win out to drop further than 3.

Just 0.5 game now with the Bengals win against the Steelers. Need to lose out to guarantee staying 3. Impossible to get 1 or 2 now with being 2.5 ahead of NYJ and JAX.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 09:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He plays for Bama. Enough said. Similar to wade being in the running for an all American despite being very bad this year... surtain... He’s been good this year but Farley has definitely been better.  Surtain excels in press coverage but he’s leaves a lot to be desired in off man and zone coverage. Not what u want from a top 8 pick

PFF College has Surtain as their highest-graded CB in college football this season at 87.0

I can understand possibly not thinking he's elite in every way and you may prefer another CB more because of their style of play, but you make it sound like Surtain is bad, which he is not.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 08:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF College has Surtain as their highest-graded CB in college football this season at 87.0

I can understand possibly not thinking he's elite in every way and you may prefer another CB more because of their style of play, but you make it sound like Surtain is bad, which he is not.

Yes. But from his scouting report on tdn, even on just a fly route wrs are getting major separation. Lack of deep speed very evident. He’s good on short routes. Give me Farley former qb who is learning the position but already showing elite skills in every part of his game not just in some parts.
Reply/Quote
3 QBs are Heisman finalist and Fields is not one. No way Fields goes #2 IMO.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3 QBs are Heisman finalist and Fields is not one. No way Fields goes #2 IMO.

I'd rather have wilson if I was drafting a qb. Personally, I think he's got a better arm, but he seems slow on reading the field, which is a pretty bad knock in the nfl. But it is fixable.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After we beat Texans (they have yet to beat any good team) on Sunday, we will be looking at drafting in the 5th-7th pick depending on results this weekend

Since when are we a good team? LOL

Reply/Quote
I am confident the Bengals can stay at 3 by losing out. The Steelers game was enjoyable but now Houston has film on the RPO that they surprised Pittsburgh with. Also the 3 Steeler turnovers were back breakers for them and Houston does have a very good QB. I have faith that ZT can lose out and get us that #3 pick. I’m just hoping Wilson blows them away at the combine and his pro day so that Sewell is there at 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3 QBs are Heisman finalist and Fields is not one. No way Fields goes #2 IMO.

Combines and postseason hype change things in inexplicable ways.  Fields or any other potential first round quarterback can become locks for that spot based on things completely unrelated to their play.  Kyler Murray was a projected 3rd or 4th rounder, then was a number 1 overall lock a few weeks after the season ended.  Teams fall in love with physical traits all the time, and Fields has athleticism for days.  He's also proven to be a highly accurate passer for the majority of his career up until the last 3 games or so.   

Some OC or executive is very likely to see Fields as a player that they can develop into something special.  He has all of the things that can't be taught.  

Is it likely he goes 2nd overall?  Maybe not.  I'd hardly call it a foregone conclusion that he's out of the running.  Even if he is, one of the other quarterback prospects could and likely will rise to that spot.  If it can happen for Daniel Jones and Mitch Trubisky, it can happen for Fields, Trask, Jones, Wilson, or Lance.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 12:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am confident the Bengals can stay at 3 by losing out. The Steelers game was enjoyable but now Houston has film on the RPO that they surprised Pittsburgh with. Also the 3 Steeler turnovers were back breakers for them and Houston does have a very good QB.  I have faith that ZT can lose out and get us that #3 pick.  I’m just hoping Wilson blows them away at the combine and his pro day so that Sewell is there at 3.

Houston is not very good even with our 2/3 string QB, the way the defense has been playing we have a chance against Houston who have really beaten no good team at all.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Since when are we a good team? LOL

Where did i state "we are a good team " my point is many give us no chance at beating Houston, and they are not a good team either or you think Houston is a good team ?? confused?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 04:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Where did i state "we are a good team " my point is many give us no chance at beating Houston, and they are not a good team either or you think Houston is a good team ?? confused?

You keep mentioning Houston hasn’t beat any good teams. We’re not a good team. So that fact is irrelevant. ZT is 0-15 on the road, and Houston has a really good QB, that’s why people are acting like we have no chance. Clear things up for you?

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 11:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You keep mentioning Houston hasn’t beat any good teams. We’re not a good team. So that fact is irrelevant. ZT is 0-15 on the road, and Houston has a really good QB, that’s why people are acting like we have no chance. Clear things up for you?

Yes Houston sucks , we have beaten two good QBs so we have a chance.. got it
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 01:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes Houston sucks , we have beaten two good QBs so we have a chance.. got it

No, we have beaten one good QB. Ben is washed, and Minshew mania is officially over. JAX will be drafting his replacement in the spring.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:49 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes. But from his scouting report on tdn, even on just a fly route wrs are getting major separation. Lack of deep speed very evident. He’s good on short routes. Give me Farley former qb  who is learning the position but already showing elite skills in every part of his game not just in some parts.

What report are you referring to on TDN? The one I see (https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/patrick-surtain-ii/XaCVRN0qj4), it doesn't say anything about "WRs are getting major separation."

In fact, it specifically says the following...
Quote:Surtain II has the speed necessary to turn and run to remain hip-to-hip with matchups.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If we draft a CB I would hope we would get Farley.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 02:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, we have beaten one good QB. Ben is washed, and Minshew mania is officially over. JAX will be drafting his replacement in the spring.

So ben is washed up though having a great year, Cousins soso Qb though going to have 30 tds this year so in your standard your boy Burrow sucked this year..lol
Reply/Quote