Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about adding Joe Brady & Ja'marr Chase?
We can pretty much just do this if we want to. Joe Brady as head coach and Ja'Marr with our first round pick.

That 2019 LSU offense was the best college football has ever seen and we have a unique opportunity to add the most impactful pieces of that offense to our team.

We'd have to find O-line help still, obviously, but this strategy is kind of crazy but also makes too much sense IMO and the opportunity is just falling into our lap.
Reply/Quote
Does Joe Brady bring an O-line with him?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:30 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: We can pretty much just do this if we want to. Joe Brady as head coach and Ja'Marr with our first round pick.

That 2019 LSU offense was the best college football has ever seen and we have a unique opportunity to add the most impactful pieces of that offense to our team.

We'd have to find O-line help still, obviously, but this strategy is kind of crazy but also makes too much sense IMO and the opportunity is just falling into our lap.

Could work if they trade down a few slots and can nab him and an olineman in round one and top of round 2. I think the 
Reply/Quote
I want Sewell, but it is fun to think about Burrow having a WR group of Chase, Tee, Boyd. It could be the best in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Brady yes, Chase probably not.
Reply/Quote
Personally I want a more seasoned coach then Brady. As for Chase let's see how our off-season goes and how the draft goes but not against it at all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would definitely take Joe Brady. His offense is averaging 23.3 points per game, and that’s with Teddy Bridgewater (not knocking him but Burrow is obviously better).

Reply/Quote
Only in a trade down and Sewell isn’t in the board.
Reply/Quote
I’m leaning heavily towards a more experienced coach. If we draft Chase over Sewell, we will be repeating the same idiotic strategy of building from the outside in that continues to disappoint us. We need to build from the offensive and defensive lines outward. Grab a wideout in the middle of the draft or resign Aj for cheap.
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt leave LSU if I were Joe Brady
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I wouldnt leave LSU if I were Joe Brady

He already did. He’s the OC in Carolina.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:30 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: We can pretty much just do this if we want to. Joe Brady as head coach and Ja'Marr with our first round pick.

How does it make sense when there's no real plan to fix the Oline, so Burrow is going to be in the same boat he was this year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm for Brady no matter what. I like Chase, but only if Sewell is not available or the Bengals spend big on OL in FA. You can't have a quarterback that you intend to lean on like they do Burrow and not try to repair that line in any way you can.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How does it make sense when there's no real plan to fix the Oline, so Burrow is going to be in the same boat he was this year?

People really like to play Madden.
Reply/Quote
Brady, no. I haven't seen anything that makes me think I want him as my HC... or even my OC.

Chase only if Sewell isn't available.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Brady won't be 32 until next year. Bigger gamble than ZT, but I'd take him if they bring in the experienced DC (Fangio, Zimmer if fired) and a Senior Assistant to the Offense and I'll support if they try this model one more time and do it right.

Chase is nice, but we have to fix the line. And Burrow (healthy), can make a widereceiver so we can build that room in later rounds over the next couple years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Man I think the move was to fire Callahan and bring Brady in.

I don't think I'd bring Brady in as a HC. A team with a better front office, culture, and structure may be able to do that. The Bengals aren't that team.

IF they do go with a young, inexperienced guy...they need like Jay Gruden as the OC and a Del Rio as DC. ie What they should have done 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote
I am a believer in you need a good engine before you put fancy rims on the car. Build both lines then worry about weapons.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:41 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I am a believer in you need a good engine before you put fancy rims on the car. Build both lines then worry about weapons.

No doubt we need to build our lines.

Man on offense, the guys that are ok pass blocking are bad at run blocking. And the guys that can run block are bad at pass blocking.

Jonah probably looked the best, but he's a pretty bad run blocker and who knows what his injury is now. Hopefully not an ACL or something that will mess him up next year.

Spain and Hopkins are pretty mediocre. Hopkins was a decent upgrade to Price, but are we sure that makes him good or even adequate?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brady, no. I haven't seen anything that makes me think I want him as my HC... or even my OC.

Chase only if Sewell isn't available.

You must've not watched his only year in Baton Rouge... the one he totally transformed Joe Burrow into a record setting Heisman and 1st overall draft choice.  
Reply/Quote