Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What happens?
When you line up AJ, Boyd, Higgins and Ross and have Mixon in the flat out of the backfield? How do you cover that? Seriously, how?
Reply/Quote
Is there a "cut and paste" version of this post that you guys have all been using for the last ten years where you can just change the names of the receivers?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is there a "cut and paste" version of this post that you guys have all been using for the last ten years where you can just change the names of the receivers?

Ya but the important thing is we changed the name of the QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ya but the important thing is we changed the name of the QB.

Thank you and rep to you...Burrow excels in spread offense...Is what I was alluding to....BTW, I saw the reports that Burrow has had our playbook for a couple weeks...I guess all the arguing about trading the 1OA was for naught...LOL
Reply/Quote
Get to the quarterback/backfield. That's how. The offensive line needs to improve to give these receivers more time.

I'm thinking we have a strong rotation for our wide receivers to keep them fresh and limit injuries. 4 wide sets will happen, but it's not going to be our base offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ya but the important thing is we changed the name of the QB.

(and Head Coach)
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is there a "cut and paste" version of this post that you guys have all been using for the last ten years where you can just change the names of the receivers?

Fred, I gotta say you can be smug at times , but funny as hell bro lol. I needed that today.. I've been daying the same thing about the receivers lol. I Honestly think its gonna be hard to top CJ#85 , Housh#84 and Henry#15.. I had my doubts in 15' ,but I was so in , in 05' with that offense. Problem was Ohelete #26 and our defense was young and average. I wish Odell Thurman stayed healthy. He had like 6 interceptions his rookie year at MLB. That's insane.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:43 PM)spazz70 Wrote: When you line up AJ, Boyd, Higgins and Ross and have Mixon in the flat out of the backfield?  How do you cover that?  Seriously, how?

That stuff only works if you can stop the defense from rushing your passer..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That stuff only works if you can stop the defense from rushing your passer..

I have a gut feeling that Jonah William's is gonna be phenomenal..
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:01 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Get to the quarterback/backfield. That's how. The offensive line needs to improve to give these receivers more time.

Haven't you heard?  Burrow does not need pass protection.  Pressure has no effect on him.

Also make me wonder why people are excited about our receivers since Burrow doesn't need good receivers either.  
Reply/Quote

Hate to agree with Fred, but this is true.  It is usually titled "pick your poison".  I know I have done it.  

The answer is:  can any of those WRs get quick separation before Burrow has to vacate the pocket.  If they can, look out.  It can be very dangerous.  And I am more excited about Burrow's mobility and vision than just about anything else on this offense.  It could happen.  They could really take off.   One thing is certain:  It will be light year's above what they started last year with in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:09 PM)Tony Wrote: I have a gut feeling that Jonah William's is gonna be phenomenal..

We'll see.  I know that there are a whole bunch of us that are hoping that he's great.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fred breaking news !!! Dalton still sucks and Burrow is now our starting quarterback. Deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Haven't you heard?  Burrow does not need pass protection.  Pressure has no effect on him.

Also make me wonder why people are excited about our receivers since Burrow doesn't need good receivers either.  

10-15 years of this horse shit in our future.  Woo Hoo.  Fred has become full on troll.  There was a time he talked football.  Guess we'll know that as the good old days.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: 10-15 years of this horse shit in our future.  Woo Hoo.  Fred has become full on troll.  There was a time he talked football.  Guess we'll know that as the good old days.

No shit...he has a lot of snarky comments lately!!  Is he not in court right now due to the virus?  Maybe letting his frustrations out here...LOL
Reply/Quote

[Image: rachel-dratch-e1490655784958.jpg?w=1200&...627&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:38 PM)spazz70 Wrote: No shit...he has a lot of snarky comments lately!!  Is he not in court right now due to the virus?  Maybe letting his frustrations out here...LOL

I think you nailed it.  Cabin fever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That stuff only works if you can stop the defense from rushing your passer..

Kind of, but the key is to get five on five or five on four.. Five man protection provides a lot of advantages to QBs who can diagnose pre snap and have some mobility. You actually want blitzers against a spread defense because it makes the windows you are throwing into much larger.

Burrows record breaking year was built around five man protections with good pre play recognition of extra blitzers. I suspect they will do much of the same here in cincy.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:05 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: (and Head Coach)

Yeah but the new QB has had success...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

And if AJ and Ross don't get hurt... and if Ross actually runs the right route, runs it like he means it, and catches the ball when it comes to him.

AJ and Ross have played 30 games combined the last two seasons out of a possible 64, and only 8 games out of the last 32.

Super easy to stop guys who are in the tub.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote