Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What interstates
Which interstates are the worst to drive on due to high traffic? I am going with Interstate 94 from Milwaukee through Chicago all the way to Gary Indiana. That is a rough stretch. How bout you guys? Who Dey to you guys on your 3-0 start! Happy for Bengal nation!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:08 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Which interstates are the worst to drive on due to high traffic? I am going with Interstate 94 from Milwaukee through Chicago all the way to Gary Indiana. That is a rough stretch.  How bout you guys? Who Dey to you guys on your 3-0 start! Happy for Bengal nation!

I-95 coming into or going out of NYC is one that always comes to mind for me. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:08 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Which interstates are the worst to drive on due to high traffic?

Interstate 70 going west out of Denver.

Highest traffic in the country.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interstate 70 going west out of Denver.

dat mile high  Big Grin
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I95/495
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Any of the interstate highways in the Los Angeles area... hands down.

I-10 through Houston is quite lousy with traffic as well.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Welcome to my slice of hell. The busiest highway in North America.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-busiest-highway-in-north-america-1559577839
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:10 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Any of the interstate highways in the Los Angeles area... hands down.

I-10 through Houston is quite lousy with traffic as well.

Yep, the 405 = parking lot. Also, heading into LA starting around Anaheim is no walk thru the park.
I-75 has it's problems around Dayton, Cincinnati, and (of course) Atlanta. Especially during holiday traffic. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I95/495

I thought Atlanta was bad until I drove around DC.  Who ever designed on and off ramps on both sides of the interstate is probably in charge of interrogations at Guantanamo.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interstate 70 going west out of Denver.

Not sure if it's the same, but back around '98 I flew with a friend into Denver. His brother picked us up at the airport and we we to Wyoming. The road was six lanes going 80-90 mph and bumper to bumper. Every once in a while you would pass a car with someone doing 60-70 and a terrified expression on their face.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 03:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought Atlanta was bad until I drove around DC.  Who ever designed on and off ramps on both sides of the interstate is probably in charge of interrogations at Guantanamo.

I hate having to go up there for things. That is one part of my former job I do not miss since our corporate headquarters were in Rosslyn.

(09-30-2015, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Not sure if it's the same, but back around '98 I flew with a friend into Denver. His brother picked us up at the airport and we we to Wyoming. The road was six lanes going 80-90 mph and bumper to bumper. Every once in a while you would pass a car with someone doing 60-70 and a terrified expression on their face.

That would be me in that situation. I'm one of those that sets my cruise control to the speed limit or just a little bit lower and says eff everyone else. Don't like it? Go around.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I hate having to go up there for things. That is one part of my former job I do not miss since our corporate headquarters were in Rosslyn.

That would be me in that situation. I'm one of those that sets my cruise control to the speed limit or just a little bit lower and says eff everyone else. Don't like it? Go around.

I had to drive through Manhattan for college and DC is worse than NYC. 
Reply/Quote
In all my years of driving, Cincinnati and the surrounding area is nothing compared to other parts of the country. I have never been in traffic where I'm stopped for longer than 15 minutes and I used to drive for a courier company around the turn of the century. In Cincinnati, the traffic always moves at least, although slowly, but it still moves.

I used to drive for a company who own several local muffler and break shops ranging from Florence Kentucky up to Middletown Ohio as well back in the 80's and 90's. Traffic was really never a problem although it's been quite some time since I've been out and about at different times of the day, so maybe things have changed.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:55 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Welcome to my slice of hell.  The busiest highway in North America.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-busiest-highway-in-north-america-1559577839

Looked like traffic was free flowing to me.  Is impressive feat of engineering and public spending, though.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:36 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep, the 405 = parking lot. Also, heading into LA starting around Anaheim is no walk thru the park.
I-75 has it's problems around Dayton, Cincinnati, and (of course) Atlanta. Especially during holiday traffic. 

75 thru Dayton has been under major construction since I was born. Literally since I was born. It still is, and it hasn't improved even a little.
Reply/Quote
All of them around Dallas.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Went to Cleveland in 2014 before Cincinnati and driving through Toledo on I 80 is awful. You are the only car on the interstate and everyone else is a trucker. I 70 in Denver wasn't that bad in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I-95 from Fredericksburg, VA to New England and most of I-5 in California are the worst, hands down!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I-95 from Fredericksburg, VA to New England and most of I-5 in California are the worst, hands down!

Only in California you have to call it "The 5." Every highway has to have "the" preceding it out there. State law.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 05:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I had to drive through Manhattan for college and DC is worse than NYC. 

What I hate about DC, and this is not so much the interstates as the regular streets, are the ones where they are one way, but they are one way going different directions depending on the time of day.

That and when the motorcade is out. Experiencing the beltway when the motorcade is on it is the absolute worst.

Reply/Quote