Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is happening?
What is happening?
Back to back active years in free agency?
Letting familiar players go for better and / or cheaper alternatives?
Exercising the team's ability to get out of deals with crappy or aging players before the contract expires?
Former greats recruiting for the team aggressively ?
A QB wining and dining a FA lineman who might keep him upright?
Maybe ring of honor?
New Uniforms?

Thoughts ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But what about the back to back active years in free agency?
Reply/Quote
Now just give me a healthy Burrow and winning seasons with deep runs into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Only matters if it turns to wins.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Only matters if it turns to wins.

This x1000

It looks great, but hasn’t netted any positive change on the field. Hoping this year shows promise.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Now just give me a healthy Burrow and winning seasons with deep runs into the playoffs.

And actually good IOL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I dunno..If they suddenly become a winning franchise and remain there for years to come I might miss my own negativity towards the team.. I remember putting a hatchet in my knee a few years ago.. That hurt like hell, but after awhile I got used to it and when it stopped hurting I kind of missed that dull ache.. It'll be like missing that B*TCH you argued with every day after she runs off with some fat slob..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
One thing is certain now. No one can say they're not trying these last two years. It's not perfect, but it's the Bengals and they're making money moves.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:08 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: What is happening?
Exercising the team's ability to get out of deals with crappy or aging players before the contract expires?
Maybe ring of honor?
New Uniforms?

Thoughts ?

Bad coaches need better players to win?  or the Front office finaly decided to do something.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bad coaches need better players to win?  or the Front office finaly decided to do something.

Fixed.  

What we're seeing is the culture and overall team expectations Zac Taylor has been working on since he got here.  It's no coincidence it's happening with him.  
Reply/Quote
You can always second guess competency but the effort is there. People will second guess competency unless results are positive, but tropes regarding being too cheap, especially in free agency, should not be a thing going forward.
Reply/Quote
It's good we are doing stuff, but with that being said we are currently on 5 losing seasons in a row which hasn't happened in over 20 years. SO I'll give them credit for doing stuff, but the situation we are in hasn't been this bad in a long time, so it's hard to be like WOW WHA HAPPENED?!

I'll tell you what happened...we have stunk really badly for 5 years. The Bengals and the Jets both lead the league with 5 losing seasons in a row at the moment...I know that doesn't MAKE our FO do stuff, but they're in a bit of a corner here.
Reply/Quote
It's a breath of fresh air, that's for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:50 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Fixed.  

What we're seeing is the culture and overall team expectations Zac Taylor has been working on since he got here.  It's no coincidence it's happening with him.  

Yeah... I know it's not a coincidence. Those empty seats at PBS looked like there was a pandemic swirling in Cincinnati years ago. Their bottom line was effected. Draft a stud QB? Still can't sell tickets. Hire a new coach... Doesn't move the needle. We ain't showing up this year either. Get that number on the left column up, and maybe fans will come back... But their lil lipstick on a pig wasn't working, and they know it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well to be logical. They had to replace guys leaving and also big names have been leaving. Green , Atkins, Dunlap. But I'm very surprised they are smart enough to release erickson,bullock ,and hart. When we had marvin ,all they wanted to do was resign their own guys for big price tags and then get a couple guys at the very end of free agency. While we watched teams make room for free agents.
Reply/Quote
Who knows.  But I'm hopeful that this is reflective of the next generation of the family convincing Gramps Brown that it's not enough to plod along applying his secret sauce to the "home grown" talent even if it produces winning seasons now and again. They've put themselves into the position where just drafting their most exciting young quarterback in franchise history and winning some games, or maybe the division, isn't going to make believers of this fan base.  They have to pass this somewhat arbitrary litmus test that they've created for themselves of winning in the playoffs.

Or maybe the sad predictability of having their new franchise quarterback carted off the field finally convinced them that it's not enough to just play the draft lotto and then vacuum up some scraps to try to plug whatever holes are left.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Now just give me a healthy Burrow and winning seasons with deep runs into the playoffs.

The usual posters around here will find something new to cry about...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 07:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The usual posters around here will find something new to cry about...

Like the fact that we still have two massive holes at OG, and Auden Tate is currently the starting WR3?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:08 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: What is happening?
Maybe ring of honor?
New Uniforms?

Thoughts ?

We're finally seeing how the other half lives. Throw in a playoff win, and I may die of excitement. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like the fact that we still have two massive holes at OG, and Auden Tate is currently the starting WR3?

Ever hear of that event that happens at the end of April every year? what's it called.....C'mon you can do it, think really hard Nicomo... Wink
Reply/Quote