Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is happening?
(03-21-2021, 04:16 PM)Destro Wrote: Which is to say mistakes are still being made. Maybe too soon or bad luck, but results are still: Bengals suck.

Well why don't we just all give up. stop supporting the team and start watching Captain Caveman instead!!!!
I've watched the team since '84 and believe they will get back to that again, I've also yet to meet a person that has never made a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:03 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Well why don't we just all give up. stop supporting the team and start watching Captain Caveman instead!!!!
I've watched the team since '84 and believe they will get back to that again, I've also yet to meet a person that has never made a mistake.

You seem suspiciously optimistic for someone who has been a Bengals fan for 37 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You seem suspiciously optimistic for someone who has been a Bengals fan for 37 years.

Yeah I am Nate, just got a very good feeling about the team going forward
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:55 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Yeah I am Nate, just got a very good feeling about the team going forward

I kid, I kid...much like the Jews it is humor that sustains Bengals fans as a people.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:03 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Well why don't we just all give up. stop supporting the team and start watching Captain Caveman instead!!!!

As long as me. I was a huge Boomer fan. It isn't about giving up, it is of expecting more. Going through the popular, developmental years in the '90's as a Bengals fan, it was rough to be a Bengals fan in school. I feel I have seen enough bad football to know it when I see it. The Bengals continue to do that. 

A person who never made a mistake? "A" mistake. Unless you are just taking about Paul Brown's rhythm method, this has never been about a single mistake. This is systemic. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:03 PM)JWW1971 Wrote:
Well why don't we just all give up. stop supporting the team and start watching Captain Caveman instead!!!!

What's wrong with watching Captain Caveman?!?  Why can't we do both?!?!?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 08:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What's wrong with watching Captain Caveman?!?  Why can't we do both?!?!?

He is rocking the orange and black...

[Image: Captain-Caveman-Hanna-Barbera.jpg]

Of course the has the grooming habits of a steeler fan.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Love the optimism, I cannot live any way different myself. It hasn't been good to say the least with Zac and Lou yet but we 
all know the story is not written yet if this was a good move or not. Zac is young and Lou is only in his 3rd year as a DC and
Lou's side of the ball has been decimated by injuries and yet his Secondary has performed well.

Love the FA the last couple of years and love adding Pollack and Hobby this Offseason. The Draft was also great last year for
us in my opinion. Things are not all bad, we have Burrow, improved some coaches, the OL and added a couple good DL.

I have watched this team since 88-89 but I remain optimistic especially if we protect our new QB and get the D back on track.

Don't like to be ran on and don't like not getting after the passer. If we can stay healthy I think we could be more than good.

We have made good moves in the last couple years. If the coaching improves the sky is the limit.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 08:03 PM)Destro Wrote: As long as me. I was a huge Boomer fan. It isn't about giving up, it is of expecting more. Going through the popular, developmental years in the '90's as a Bengals fan, it was rough to be a Bengals fan in school. I feel I have seen enough bad football to know it when I see it. The Bengals continue to do that. 

A person who never made a mistake? "A" mistake. Unless you are just taking about Paul Brown's rhythm method, this has never been about a single mistake. This is systemic. 

I agree with this.  Not about giving up, but expecting more.  This team has the same ability as any other team to bring in the coaches, bring in the players, and compete with the league every year.  I don't want to compare this team to itself, I compare it to the teams around the league.  

I'm super optimistic as well, because why shouldn't I be?  This org has the same chance as every other team to bring home the Lombardi.  Where it gets really frustrating though is when they squander the chances, don't make the moves, don't leverage the resources.  I don't expect the team to sit at the top of the mountain year after year, because really in the course of history it's impossible to stay there truly for long.  But there's no reason this team can't compete.  Optimism leads to some of the biggest let-downs, though.  Do that for multiple decades and it's easy to see why some are just always ready for the other shoe to drop when one good thing happens. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the optimism, I cannot live any way different myself. It hasn't been good to say the least with Zac and Lou yet but we 
all know the story is not written yet if this was a good move or not. Zac is young and Lou is only in his 3rd year as a DC and
Lou's side of the ball has been decimated by injuries and yet his Secondary has performed well.

Love the FA the last couple of years and love adding Pollack and Hobby this Offseason. The Draft was also great last year for
us in my opinion. Things are not all bad, we have Burrow, improved some coaches, the OL and added a couple good DL.

I have watched this team since 88-89 but I remain optimistic especially if we protect our new QB and get the D back on track.

Don't like to be ran on and don't like not getting after the passer. If we can stay healthy I think we could be more than good.

We have made good moves in the last couple years. If the coaching improves the sky is the limit.

Nate come on...Lou's ONLY in his 3rd year? Really? that's the best excuse you have for Lou?  I mean he's had 2 season with good personnel.  It's okay to admit we have a shitty DC.  lol  It's kinda like when we had Turner as an OL coach it's okay to admit he was a shitty line coach.   We'll see if Pollack can turn the crap we have on the OL into something better than Turner did.  

Not being negative but I don't think this defense will still be good.  I think it has good personnel but a bad coach and that falls on Zac.  

If the Bengals are to go 9-8 this year like I honestly think will be the best they will be then Burrow will have a banner year and out score teams.  

If this team has another year of injuries like they've had for the past 2 years, then this team is more likely to be 5-12 or 4-13 because of the schedule.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 05:47 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate come on...Lou's ONLY in his 3rd year? Really? that's the best excuse you have for Lou?  I mean he's had 2 season with good personnel.  It's okay to admit we have a shitty DC.  lol  It's kinda like when we had Turner as an OL coach it's okay to admit he was a shitty line coach.   We'll see if Pollack can turn the crap we have on the OL into something better than Turner did.  

Not being negative but I don't think this defense will still be good.  I think it has good personnel but a bad coach and that falls on Zac.  

If the Bengals are to go 9-8 this year like I honestly think will be the best they will be then Burrow will have a banner year and out score teams.  

If this team has another year of injuries like they've had for the past 2 years, then this team is more likely to be 5-12 or 4-13 because of the schedule.  

Most of Anarumo's good personnel were either on the bench injured or playing injured last year.
Reply/Quote
I think Anuramo's a crap DC but the reality is last season the D was basically playing second string especially on the DL. And the total lack of pressure from the DL undid the secondary.

I still don't like Lou and his brain dead "hybrid" which denies the D any way to establish an identity and is also a terrible formation for linebackers to grow and excel in. But I also can admit he was missing a LOT of horses last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think Anuramo's a crap DC but the reality is last season the D was basically playing second string especially on the DL. And the total lack of pressure from the DL undid the secondary.

I still don't like Lou and his brain dead "hybrid" which denies the D any way to establish an identity and is also a terrible formation for linebackers to grow and excel in. But I also can admit he was missing a LOT of horses last season.

It's the same scheme as Baltimore and New Orleans. Hybrid 34 front that plays a ton of 425 with a stand up edge.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: It's the same scheme as Baltimore and New Orleans. Hybrid 34 front that plays a ton of 425 with a stand up edge.

It maybe tge same scheme as Baltimore runs but I guarantee they have a better DC in Matindale coaching it.  I agree we were missing a lot of guys last year but again if we have any injuries again this year, and we likely will, we have 0 depth behind our starters. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 08:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What's wrong with watching Captain Caveman?!? 

Uh, maybe because he's been canceled, you follicle-phobe!.  He's offensive to hairy people!

Shame on you.  A-hole!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think Anuramo's a crap DC but the reality is last season the D was basically playing second string especially on the DL. And the total lack of pressure from the DL undid the secondary.

The D Line was trotting out there 4th through 6th string DT's....
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 07:49 PM)TJ528 Wrote: It maybe tge same scheme as Baltimore runs but I guarantee they have a better DC in Matindale coaching it.  I agree we were missing a lot of guys last year but again if we have any injuries again this year, and we likely will, we have 0 depth behind our starters. 

It actually isn't. We don't run a 3-4 and almost never put 3 LB out there. We run 4-2-5 as a base and the vast majority of the time have only 2 LB out there. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 05:47 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate come on...Lou's ONLY in his 3rd year? Really? that's the best excuse you have for Lou?  I mean he's had 2 season with good personnel.  It's okay to admit we have a shitty DC.  lol  It's kinda like when we had Turner as an OL coach it's okay to admit he was a shitty line coach.   We'll see if Pollack can turn the crap we have on the OL into something better than Turner did.  

Cannot disagree. Lou has been a shit coach so far but he did have a ton of injuries on his side of the ball last year.

Not making excuses just saying when you get decimated THAT badly it would affect any DC in a negative way.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot disagree. Lou has been a shit coach so far but he did have a ton of injuries on his side of the ball last year.

Not making excuses just saying when you get decimated THAT badly it would affect any DC in a negative way.

i respect that.  He has absolutely 0 built in excuses for his defense to suck now.  The Bengals have basically spent $100 million on that side of the ball so it better be respectable.  Meaning giving up 15-20 ppg, not 25-28ppg.   

My only problem so far in free agency is there's been 0 being brought for Burrow as far as OL and weapons.  

You can only draft so many day 1 starters.   

I like they brought back Spain.  I think he can be serviceable, not good but serviceable lol Better than Jordan lets put it that way. 

We'll see what else they do during free agency.  My guess is now that we have Reiff and Spain you might as well say Slater nor Sewell are going to be picked at #5...Your going to see Chase or the TE.   Are they good enough to make an instant impact?  We'll see i guess.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:37 PM)TJ528 Wrote: i respect that.  He has absolutely 0 built in excuses for his defense to suck now.  The Bengals have basically spent $100 million on that side of the ball so it better be respectable.  Meaning giving up 15-20 ppg, not 25-28ppg.   

My only problem so far in free agency is there's been 0 being brought for Burrow as far as OL and weapons.  

You can only draft so many day 1 starters.   

I like they brought back Spain.  I think he can be serviceable, not good but serviceable lol Better than Jordan lets put it that way. 

We'll see what else they do during free agency.  My guess is now that we have Reiff and Spain you might as well say Slater nor Sewell are going to be picked at #5...Your going to see Chase or the TE.   Are they good enough to make an instant impact?  We'll see i guess.  

Agree on Lou, he has been getting more help than any DC for the Bengals I can remember in FA.

Reiff is a nice signing and I wanted Spain back as he is a good Guard when he is healthy and has some time in the system.

Spain got signed on a Thursday and played that Sunday for us and was instantly better then what we had before, then we 
moved him all around. Hard to judge Spain at all last year but when he has been good, he is starter material and even if we
Drafted a top Guard in the 2nd round it wouldn't surprise me if Spain beat them out with an entire Offseason here under FP.

Still need to add another Guard and an End in FA cause these positions are not deep in the Draft. 

This is the way I would go about it anyways. Jordan better shape up big time, it would be a good hint to load up at Guard
to push him. I know he is working with Willie but that only goes so far. 
Reply/Quote