Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is status of the asst coaches?
Obviously, they are interviewing in-house candidates but what is that status of the rest of the coaching staff? Do they have jobs or are they in job limbo until a new head coach is hired? Who, if any, would you retain?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess it depends on how much the FO wants to interfere with whoever the next coach is. Mike doesn't like dead money so I'm assuming whoever comes here next is gonna be stuck with some of these assistant coaches, unfortunately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All but Hue have one year left on their contract.
Reply/Quote
What about Pollack does he get another year with the O-line?
Reply/Quote
I would retain ZERO of our previous coaches.

We need a Completely fresh start and allow our new coach to bring in his own guys, enough of this getting new head coaches while keeping the same positional coaches for half a century and wondering why nothing is changing.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 02:04 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I would retain ZERO of our previous coaches.

We need a Completely fresh start and allow our new coach to bring in his own guys, enough of this getting new head coaches while keeping the same positional coaches for half a century and wondering why nothing is changing.

At the very least, everyone on the current roster should have to interviewed by the new HC. There should be zero guaranteed coaching jobs on this staff right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk there’s a few pretty big misses in there...

John Copeland
Dan Wilkinson
Ki-Jana Carter
Akili Smith
Peter Warrick
Justin Smith
Carson Palmer
AJ Green

(01-01-2019, 02:04 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I would retain ZERO of our previous coaches.

Absolutely not.

You keep:

- Pollack
- Van Pelt
- Caskey
- Simmons

The rest, who cares.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: All but Hue have one year left on their contract.

Wasn't aware of this. I'd assume given that, we retain everyone for a season, then the new coach gets some wiggle room. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:20 AM)Benton Wrote: Wasn't aware of this. I'd assume given that, we retain everyone for a season, then the new coach gets some wiggle room. 

Doesn’t the new head coach have the right to bring in his own staff? Oh, wait. Mike Brown. Forget I asked......
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Doesn’t the new head coach have the right to bring in his own staff? Oh, wait. Mike Brown. Forget I asked......

This is all part of how Mike talked Marvin in to coming back last year. He came back with a one year with an option but required his staff to get two year deals. With that said they already fired Austin and I’d keep Simmons anyways so positional coaches wouldn’t be too expensive to pay to leave.
Reply/Quote
Frank Pollack is the only guy I would worry about keeping, maybe Van Pelt, the others can seek greener pastures...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Doesn’t the new head coach have the right to bring in his own staff?  Oh, wait.  Mike Brown.  Forget I asked......

It is not uncommon to keep assistants. Tomlin had no choice on coordinators when he was hired
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It is also not uncommon to tell the assistants who are under contract they have a job for a year but if they have another offer they will be released from their contract.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I really believe that all lies with the new coach, if I were a highly sought after coach I would have it be part of my demands that I get to choose my coaching staff. There are guys I would probably keep like Pollack, Simmons, and Van Pelt. Other than that we already need a DC and our OC is pretty meh he does some things well and other things terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 02:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely not.

You keep:

- Pollack
- Van Pelt
- Caskey
- Simmons

The rest, who cares.

Agreed. 
Reply/Quote
No link for this one, it was Colin Cowherd during his show.

A source has told Colin that “Mike Brown wants to hire Hue, but is nervous about media pushback.”

I don’t particuarly like Colin, but he has had decent sources in the past. Take it with a grain of salt, but it may not be so outlandish to see Hue hired.
Reply/Quote
**** it. Just let him do it. It's the only way the old bag is going to learn.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: All but Hue have one year left on their contract.

Which means they’ll all likely be back next year, unless they accept a position with another team.

(01-01-2019, 02:46 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: I really believe that all lies with the new coach, if I were a highly sought after coach I would have it be part of my demands that I get to choose my coaching staff. There are guys I would probably keep like Pollack, Simmons, and Van Pelt. Other than that we already need a DC and our OC is pretty meh he does some things well and other things terrible.

You’re right, but I doubt Mike Brown allows that to happen. That could result in him essentially paying two coaching staffs. Nope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 02:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely not.

You keep:

- Pollack
- Van Pelt
- Caskey
- Simmons

The rest, who cares.

I would add Burney to that list. Our young dline has made strides this season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No link for this one, it was Colin Cowherd during his show.

A source has told Colin that “Mike Brown wants to hire Hue, but is nervous about media pushback.”

I don’t particuarly like Colin, but he has had decent sources in the past. Take it with a grain of salt, but it may not be so outlandish to see Hue hired.

Cowherd has zero credibility when it comes to the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote