Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
bump thread
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seems like 5 wins was the floor.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 10:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems like 5 wins was the floor.

[Image: so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memegene...624435.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
0 wins....all he and John Ross had to do was look good in a loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Props to the OP for putting "(Assumes that the team is reasonably healthy)" into the post. We all knew this team was glass.

If we had AJ, we might've snagged a few wins in those closer games... But even with AJ, I thought about 6-10. They didn't change personnel at all in the off-season, so why expect them to be much better?
Reply/Quote
I get a kick out of how alot of people were saying 11-5 or 9-7 and better...

Hey folks not to be a spoiler but next year isn't going to go above 6-7 wins...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Props to the OP for putting "(Assumes that the team is reasonably healthy)" into the post. We all knew this team was glass.

If we had AJ, we might've snagged a few wins in those closer games... But even with AJ, I thought about 6-10. They didn't change personnel at all in the off-season, so why expect them to be much better?

We were very injured last year and won more than 1 game. More injuries than this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: I get a kick out of how alot of people were saying 11-5 or 9-7 and better...

I voted 9-7, and for the past couple of weeks I have been thinking that Zac needs to be fired along with the General Manager.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 05:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I voted 8-8, but even that depends on how we look. Is the offense humming? Do we look like a good team that's missing a few pieces (if so, I'll be even more mad about this lazy free agency we just had)? How did we do against the Steelers? Etc.

Well you can probably guess how I feel about Zac Taylor and our future now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not that the Browns are some top tier team right now... but I'd give Taylor a positive point if the Bengals came out humming and beat them.

It wouldn't be a definite vote of confidence but it's something.

Looking back in retrospect I had my own doubts about his success because of a bad free agency and lack of experience as a HC.

Couple that with injuries and players retiring as the season progressed made things even worse.

The ONLY real hope was he was a good enough coach who could overcome and be creative with the players he had.

I did not see that the majority of this season to this point.

I think for most people that is what has made them sour on Taylor going forward.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well you can probably guess how I feel about Zac Taylor and our future now.

Ha! Ignoring Tom Landry's success after starting 0-11!  Hilarious Sarcasm 

I think the only way Taylor succeeds here is if Joe Burrow is like Peyton Manning and we actually get to draft him.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 07:47 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not that the Browns are some top tier team right now... but I'd give Taylor a positive point if the Bengals came out humming and beat them.

Looking back in retrospect I had my own doubts about his success because of a bad free agency and lack of experience as a HC.

Couple that with injuries and players retiring as the season progressed made things even worse.

The ONLY real hope was he was a good enough coach who could overcome and be creative with the players he had.

I think for most people that is what has made them sour on Taylor going forward.

I fully expect this team to win 2 or 3 of the last 4. The teams we play are really bad.

As far as overcoming the players he has. Mixon, Boyd, Bernard, Eifert, Tate, Ross, Uzomah, a 2nd Round TE in Sample...and a veteran QB in Dalton is a pretty decent array of weapons.

He hasn't shown the ability to balance the offense. He either throws 51 times. Or runs the ball a lot. Or throws to TE's. Or throws to Bernard and not Mixon. I haven't seen a nice mix of all of those aspects.

A creative OC could have came in here and did something with this offense. In fact, with more injuries last years offense ranked higher.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 07:47 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not that the Browns are some top tier team right now... but I'd give Taylor a positive point if the Bengals came out humming and beat them.

If the Bengals ended up beating the Browns, I would laugh so hard because it would knock the Browns out of the playoffs. Heck, they likely miss the playoffs anyway even if they win out because the best they can do is 9-7 and no chance to win the division. But them going 8-8 or worse after all that false hype heading into the season would be fantastic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 08:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Record? No Idea but I would like them to be competitive every week and not get blown out...

They got blown out in week 2 lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I fully expect this team to win 2 or 3 of the last 4. The teams we play are really bad.

As far as overcoming the players he has. Mixon, Boyd, Bernard, Eifert, Tate, Ross, Uzomah, a 2nd Round TE in Sample...and a veteran QB in Dalton is a pretty decent array of weapons.

He hasn't shown the ability to balance the offense. He either throws 51 times. Or runs the ball a lot. Or throws to TE's. Or throws to Bernard and not Mixon. I haven't seen a nice mix of all of those aspects.

A creative OC could have came in here and did something with this offense. In fact, with more injuries last years offense ranked higher.

(12-06-2019, 12:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals ended up beating the Browns, I would laugh so hard because it would knock the Browns out of the playoffs. Heck, they likely miss the playoffs anyway even if they win out because the best they can do is 9-7 and no chance to win the division. But them going 8-8 or worse after all that false hype heading into the season would be fantastic.

I told a Browns fan co-worker today that if they don't attack the edges against our D then they'll know just how much Kitchens sucks.

Likewise for games in the past for Taylor/Lou where they failed to exploit weaknesses of the opposing defenses and offenses.

That is very telling.

I know with the departure of Brown and return of Dennard coupled with Pratt's appearances of improving it could change it slightly...  but c'mon man!  They aren't going to play every snap and the scheme sucks.

I'm still curious why the Jets didn't do it? LMAO 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 05:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I told a Browns fan co-worker today that if they don't attack the edges against our D then they'll know just how much Kitchens sucks.

Likewise for games in the past for Taylor/Lou where they failed to exploit weaknesses of the opposing defenses and offenses.

That is very telling.

I know with the departure of Brown and return of Dennard coupled with Pratt's appearances of improving it could change it slightly...  but c'mon man!  They aren't going to play every snap and the scheme sucks.

I'm still curious why the Jets didn't do it? LMAO 

Indeed. Honestly, you can tell the good coaches from the bad by how they attack us.

The Steelers for instance installed Wildcat just for us and used a lot of misdirection.

A team like the Raiders attacked us straight on.

Teams can beat us either way (except for the Jets). But, the good coaches analyze our weakness and attack it.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: I get a kick out of how alot of people were saying 11-5 or 9-7 and better...

Why would you get a kick out of people voting for those? If this was a record prediction thread I could see why but it isn't. I have had severe reservations about Zac from day 1. The only thing that would have given me any confidence in his coaching abilities would have been a winning record which is why I voted 9-7, not because I actually thought he would win that many. He is what I thought he was.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:09 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Why would you get a kick out of people voting for those? If this was a record prediction thread I could see why but it isn't. I have had severe reservations about Zac from day 1. The only thing that would have given me any confidence in his coaching abilities would have been a winning record which is why I voted 9-7, not because I actually thought he would win that many. He is what I thought he was.

Where were people like you when I was starting threads about how Zac coordinated the 123rd ranked offense out of 128 at UC?
Reply/Quote

Interesting that 19.57% of responders to this Poll would have been willing to accept a record of 5 and 11 or worse in 2019.

Today in a Poll on another Thread called "Should Taylor and the friends be brought in be cut loose after the season? it is showing that 25.71 percent say not to Dump Zac and friends.

While the exact same people certainly did not Vote in each of the two Polls and the two Polls are not exactly like each other; it does seem like the percentage of people willing to accept the 1 and 12 record is increasing.

25.71 percent willing to let Zac and friends reboot for another try in 2020 even after starting 1 and 12.

The Tolerance level of certain fans seems even stronger now in season at 25.71 still sticking with Zac versus 19.57% months before the season.

Possible indicator of increased support for Zac at the "Floor level" even while the 74.29% willing to Dump Zac now have even more to be vocal about at 1 and 12.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Interesting that 19.57% of responders to this Poll would have been willing to accept a record of 5 and 11 or worse in 2019.

Today in a Poll on another Thread called "Should Taylor and the friends be brought in be cut loose after the season? it is showing that 25.71 percent say not to Dump Zac and friends.

While the exact same people certainly did not Vote in each of the two Polls and the two Polls are not exactly like each other; it does seem like the percentage of people willing to accept the 1 and 12 record is increasing.

25.71 percent willing to let Zac and friends reboot for another try in 2020 even after starting 1 and 12.

The Tolerance level of certain fans seems even stronger now in season at 25.71 still sticking with Zac versus 19.57% months before the season.

Possible indicator of increased support for Zac at the "Floor level" even while the 74.29% willing to Dump Zac now have even more to be vocal about at 1 and 12.

I think you are correct.

In the first poll is was 5 wins or less, but I think most people who voted that were looking at 5-11 as a real possibility, not 1-12.

Reply/Quote