Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is to be said of our franchise?
(03-09-2017, 05:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Bengals did not draft for this kind of thing.  They have nothing but a bunch of 5-7 round picks and UDFA to replace him.  Don't make it sound like we have a good plan for losing Zeitler, because we don't.

As for Whit, that's a tough contract to match.  We also don't really have a good plan for him since our LT of the future was easily one of the worst tackles in football.

Comp picks to the rescue !!!!!!!!!! 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:52 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: What does having our free agents choose Cleveland and the rams over us, say about the Bengals as a franchise ?

This is down right sad. Can't wait to see where Dre K ends up.

What a joke.

It says a lot, i don't think we are near as bad as those teams but with Whitworth he was just wanting to know
if we were serious at making a run for a ring. He got his answer and we got ours, we know where this FO stands.

They don't care about winning the whole thing. They care about starting their 1st round draft pick who sucked it
up last year. They will try and fluff it up and i am sure Og will improve as he has to but with PA as his coach and
him being nowhere near as polished as Whit was coming in he will never be a Whitworth under PA.

Probably roll with Bodine for one more year and be forced to draft a Center next year.

I hate to think like this but this is what it seems like losing Whitworth.

To the FO's defense, Whit was getting up there and Zeitler is not a good run blocker so it could not be as bad as
we all think. Both Whit and Zeit were overpaid in my opinion for both of these reasons i mentioned. We will see
how it plays out but if we overpay for Kirkpatrick there is no excuse.

Might as well overpaid Whitworth if we were going to overpay for Kirkpatrick. Whit was a priority for our QB and
our team, Kirkpatrick was not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It says that players these days value money over anything else.

Signing with 1-15 Cleveland?  What does that tell you about Zeitler?  Had to make him the highest paid OG ever.

Siging with the Rams?  Money.

Neither one of those guys went looking for a ring.  Says more about the player than the franchise.

The Browns are signing more than just KZ....they also re-signed Collins...got Kenny Britt....made a good coaching change...and we'll see how well their draft goes.  At least they try.  I swear...I don't see how anyone can defend these cheap bastards in our FO...or this garbage coaching staff.  Have no fear though....we got Lafell back....Peko will be back...Pacman...and Hockaloogie.  What a pathetic joke.

Reply/Quote
Heres what you need to know the Bengals had an easy job this offseason and completely blew it. They could have made this team great again but instead they went to mediocreville in a matter of 48 hours.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:45 PM)PDub80 Wrote: OG, Fisher, and Westerman are up. Lets roll.

Do you honestly place that small a value on line play....or did you just now stop huffing model glue before typing this?

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Heres what you need to know the Bengals had an easy job this offseason and completely blew it. They could have made this team great again but instead they went to mediocreville in a matter of 48 hours.

Amen....but they'll be worse than mediocre.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: It says bringing Marvin back sent bad message. Players have lost faith in winning here. Might as well lose and get paid.

My thoughts exactly. 

When guys would rather play for the rams, let alone the f'ing browns, that shows what free agents, and hell our own roster thinks of the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It says a lot, i don't think we are near as bad as those teams but with Whitworth he was just wanting to know
if we were serious at making a run for a ring. He got his answer and we got ours, we know where this FO stands.

They don't care about winning the whole thing. They care about starting their 1st round draft pick who sucked it
up last year. They will try and fluff it up and i am sure Og will improve as he has to but with PA as his coach and
him being nowhere near as polished as Whit was coming in he will never be a Whitworth under PA.

Probably roll with Bodine for one more year and be forced to draft a Center next year.

I hate to think like this but this is what it seems like losing Whitworth.

To the FO's defense, Whit was getting up there and Zeitler is not a good run blocker so it could not be as bad as
we all think. Both Whit and Zeit were overpaid in my opinion for both of these reasons i mentioned. We will see
how it plays out but if we overpay for Kirkpatrick there is no excuse.

Might as well overpaid Whitworth if we were going to overpay for Kirkpatrick. Whit was a priority for our QB and
our team, Kirkpatrick was not.

There's no defense for this shit show.....especially after they sit on their hands until two days before training camp to get cheap FAs. Ogbuehi is one of....if not THE...worst o linemen I've ever seen.  He makes Nate Livings look like a HOFer.  KZ should have been extended before DeCastro was.....but they'd rather wait to see how cheaply they can get by instead of being proactive.  It blew up in their faces.....just like anything else in life....you get what you pay for.  Son of Paul has champagne dreams on a Natty Lite budget...he's a dumbass.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Amen....but they'll be worse than mediocre.

The offensive line will kill us. I think we can get decent play from fisher at RT and good Play from Boiling at guard but now were looking at pure crap at LT, bad play at C, and unknown at RG. Were screwed.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:52 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: What does having our free agents choose Cleveland and the rams over us, say about the Bengals as a franchise ?

What a joke.

It says they were getting paid more than they are worth by clubs desperate to get off the floor so they are willing to overpay FAs.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: There's no defense for this shit show.....especially after they sit on their hands until two days before training camp to get cheap FAs. Ogbuehi is one of....if not THE...worst o linemen I've ever seen.  He makes Nate Livings look like a HOFer.  KZ should have been extended before DeCastro was.....but they'd rather wait to see how cheaply they can get by instead of being proactive.  It blew up in their faces.....just like anything else in life....you get what you pay for.  Son of Paul has champagne dreams on a Natty Lite budget...he's a dumbass.

Rock on Wyche, i was just trying to have something positive to say.

Signing Kirkpatrick for 53 mil made it even tougher on me. He was the one we could of replaced pretty easily.

Now we just have to hope either Og or Fisher become decent at LT. Not holding my breath with Og, but maybe, just maybe
he was coming off of injury which caused him to not only not be there physically but not there mentally. Fisher i think could
be good but that is under another OL coach.

PA keeps bringing me down, over and over. There is no way we get better under him.
Reply/Quote

What a joke.

It is a joke.  Pacman is still on the team.  Whit and Zeitler are gone.  The locker room will be a mess.  But Mike Brown saved some money.  So he's happy I'm sure.  I am so tired of that piece of shit rich asshole screwing us over.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:41 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It is a joke.  Pacman is still on the team.  Whit and Zeitler are gone.  The locker room will be a mess.  But Mike Brown saved some money.  So he's happy I'm sure.  I am so tired of that piece of shit rich asshole screwing us over.

The problem is that you are associating one with the other.  Cutting Pacman has zero effect on Z and Whit.

The Bengals are still stuck in the 2000s when it comes to placing value on certain players.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The problem is that you are associating one with the other.  Cutting Pacman has zero effect on Z and Whit.

The Bengals are still stuck in the 2000s when it comes to placing value on certain players.  

To me it's "what do the Bengals value."  They don't value character players.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: To me it's "what do the Bengals value."  They don't value character players.  

To me they don't value 37 yr old OTs at $12M per year for 3 years, or a G for $12M per year. Both of those were overpaying 2 teams desperate to get back on their feet.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: To me it's "what do the Bengals value."  They don't value character players.  

Completely disagree.  They've built this team on character guys - Dalton, AJ etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  They've built this team on character guys - Dalton, AJ etc.

All right maybe I'm not seeing clearly due to my anger today, but Pacman is here and Whit and Zeitler are gone, so the locker room has taken a big hit.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: All right maybe I'm not seeing clearly due to my anger today, but Pacman is here and Whit and Zeitler are gone, so the locker room has taken a big hit.

But we're still not sure Jones is staying either at this point.
Reply/Quote
What is to be said of our franchise?

We can't get out of our own damn way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: All right maybe I'm not seeing clearly due to my anger today, but Pacman is here and Whit and Zeitler are gone, so the locker room has taken a big hit.

And Zeitler.  100% agree with you.
Reply/Quote