Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is to be said of our franchise?
(03-09-2017, 04:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Neither one of those guys went looking for a ring.  Says more about the player than the franchise.

Not everyone in the NFL can go to the Patriots for peanuts.  Besides, we haven't sniffed a SB in decades so I guess any player who signed here since Mike Brown took over may have earned some derision for signing with a crap franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not everyone in the NFL can go to the Patriots for peanuts.  Besides, we haven't sniffed a SB in decades so I guess any player who signed here since Mike Brown took over may have earned some derision for signing with a crap franchise.
You don't earn much derision for signing with the only team that would have you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Why in the world do you waste a first round pick on a position you know you are not going to extend if they guy turns out to be a great player.

That tells you all you need to know, why even draft a guard in the first round. To be honest, there is no reason to ever draft a guard in the first round if you are the Bengals because you know, you are not going to sign him if he develops.

THE BENGALS ARE THE WORST RAN FRANCHISE IN SPORTS AND IF YOU STILL CHEER FOR THEM THEN YOU DESERVE A CHEATING WIFE.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Imagine of the two Cincinnati professional sports teams, the Reds are by comparison the picture of stability.
Reply/Quote
At the least this tells us that Mike Brown has no worry to win a ring. Good I hope is daughter wants one
Reply/Quote
This front office has the delusion that we are the Patriots, and that quality players will stay or come here at a discount because we are consistently in the hunt for SuperBowl rings.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: It says bringing Marvin back sent bad message. Players have lost faith in winning here. Might as well lose and get paid.

That says it all right there.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:58 PM)Beaker Wrote: To me they don't value 37 yr old OTs at $12M per year for 3 years, or a G for $12M per year. Both of those were overpaying 2 teams desperate to get back on their feet.

He's 35.  Why are you adding two years to his age?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: That says it all right there.

Hmm, can we count the various waves of players losing faith in being here?  Off the top of my head...

WAVE 1:  The 90s where players like Boomer wanted out
WAVE 2:  Early 2000s Dillion and others 
WAVE 3:  Marvin Lewis claims he won't sign an extension unless demands are met, caves in.  Palmer demands a trade
WAVE 4:  the latest goings on?  To be continued?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:58 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Why in the world do you waste a first round pick on a position you know you are not going to extend if they guy turns out to be a great player.

That tells you all you need to know, why even draft a guard in the first round. To be honest, there is no reason to ever draft a guard in the first round if you are the Bengals because you know, you are not going to sign him if he develops.

THE BENGALS ARE THE WORST RAN FRANCHISE IN SPORTS AND IF YOU STILL CHEER FOR THEM THEN YOU DESERVE A CHEATING WIFE.

So much this. Why waste a first round pick on an o line man? There is no point. Because when you do, and he blossoms into a top 6 or 7 guard , and you let him walk. Doesn't make sense 
Reply/Quote
Our front office is kicking ass so far! Didn't even offer Zeitler a contract, let a franchise legend walk after dicking him around, and are now saying they only have $2-3m left to spend and that's for Burkhead. Are you not entertained?!?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:21 PM)car91 Wrote: I'm going to get flamed for this, but I can't fault the front office for these moves. Zeitler is going to be the highest paid lineman, not just guard, in league history. Cleveland is going to have 30 million a year tied up on three offensive lineman with no playmakers in site. Whitworth is getting $12 million a year at 36. I just think those deals were too hard to match logically. Now if the Bengals don't do anything to make up for these losses, well that's a different thread all together.

These stupid salaries are going to doom the NFL. I think it has already started. The NFL is in deep doodoo because the players' salaries/deals are out of control. Sick Oh well.
Reply/Quote
You know what would make me feel better? A new offensive line coach. Our 2017 lame-O offensive line will need an actual mentor. Our current offensive line coach can't even teach talented people to run or pass block. Imagine what he'll do with no talent at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You know what would make me feel better?  A new offensive line coach.  Our 2017 lame-O offensive line will need an actual mentor.  Our current offensive line coach can't even teach talented people to run or pass block. Imagine what he'll do with no talent at all.

Absolutely 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  They've built this team on character guys - Dalton, AJ etc.

Believe they just slammed the window of opportunity shut on both Andy and AJ with these moves.

Probably will be forced to tag each when their contract expires now or they will bolt. 

Know that Whit and Andy were very close.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This Front Office approaches free agency like Howard Wolowitz' bar dating strategy: "First we let the lawyers and the jocks thin the herd, and then we go after the weak, the old and the lame."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:58 PM)Beaker Wrote: To me they don't value 37 yr old OTs at $12M per year for 3 years, or a G for $12M per year. Both of those were overpaying 2 teams desperate to get back on their feet.

Sorry but you do pay for a top 3 LT in the NFL I don't care how old he is when he plays that good f age
At least franchise him a year when you don't know what you have
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe they just slammed the window of opportunity shut on both Andy and AJ with these moves.

Probably will be forced to tag each when their contract expires now or they will bolt. 

Know that Whit and Andy were very close.  

And if they want any chance of ever winning anything they better leave. There I said it but it doesn't make me feel very good knowing I'll still be here. Sad day to be a Bengal fan. Another one.........
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You know what would make me feel better?  A new offensive line coach.  Our 2017 lame-O offensive line will need an actual mentor.  Our current offensive line coach can't even teach talented people to run or pass block. Imagine what he'll do with no talent at all.

^^ This!!!!

Ced has talent, Fisher has talent, Boling has talent....Bodine...well...3 out of 4 isn't bad.

Get a guy in here that can coach up o-line players and it wouldn't be as miserable.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:37 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Our front office is kicking ass so far! Didn't even offer Zeitler a contract, let a franchise legend walk after dicking him around, and are now saying they only have $2-3m left to spend and that's for Burkhead. Are you not entertained?!?

*ducks the flying sword*
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote