Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a woman?
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/opinion/sunday/what-makes-a-woman.html?_r=0

Thought provoking article.

I did hear on the radio this morning that the first thing Jenner said in his interview with Diane Sawyer was it is important to keep a sense of humor about the trans situation(s). So, I thought that was admirable.

So, what makes a woman? Thoughts?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
An innate ability to steal your time, your money, and your heart, and leave you a broken, bitter, spiritless, dried-out husk of your former self. Or, at least one of them is.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Without reading the article-- breasts and an inability to make rational decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two top shelf responses, but the article really is worth a look. Some people were saying the word "vagina" is "exclusionary" because it only includes 3.5 billion women that have them and not the few that don't but want one. Crazy? Yes, and the author says so and the article is an interesting exploration of the "brave" new world we live in.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
[Image: e91e8575b6ae14509e81039b133e248f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The article is interesting and basically says "You don't get to be me just because you feel like it".

As to what makes a woman; I suggest the answer is what makes anyone. Your experiences and how you react to them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll tell you what doesn't make a woman....having a penis and getting it chopped off.
Reply/Quote
Bartending and sandwich making skills

Reply/Quote
I'd say if you are born with ovaries inside your body you're a female.
Reply/Quote
A vagina and then all of the necessary support systems to keep it functioning to my satisfaction.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 07:53 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'd say if you are born with ovaries inside your body you're a female.

Interesting. I know a smoking hot woman you would deny is female, as she was not born with ovaries inside her body. But, she is gorgeous and married to a very happy man.
Reply/Quote
You have to throw in the inability to drive. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I asked my wife this question earlier, and she replied, "a good man." And walked off. Now I don't know if that was an insult or a compliment.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Sugar and spice and everything nice; looking beyond that is playing god in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 10:52 AM)xxlt Wrote: Interesting. I know a smoking hot woman you would deny is female, as she was not born with ovaries inside her body. But, she is gorgeous and married to a very happy man.

If you were born with an area where ovaries are meant to be located. How's that?
Reply/Quote
How about XX or XY chromosomes? In humans at least. I think in some animals the men are ***** and the women are hetera. (can't remember the suffix.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 07:29 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/opinion/sunday/what-makes-a-woman.html?_r=0

Thought provoking article.

I did hear on the radio this morning that the first thing Jenner said in his interview with Diane Sawyer was it is important to keep a sense of humor about the trans situation(s). So, I thought that was admirable.

So, what makes a woman? Thoughts?

About 2 lbs of makeup and an attitude.

[Image: mrs-doubtfire_sequel.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 08:18 PM)xxlt Wrote: Two top shelf responses, but the article really is worth a look. Some people were saying the word "vagina" is "exclusionary" because it only includes 3.5 billion women that have them and not the few that don't but want one. Crazy? Yes, and the author says so and the article is an interesting exploration of the "brave" new world we live in.

What about the women that were born with one but have the op to become a man?
Reply/Quote
Remember when it was all about being yourself and embracing what makes you unique? Now it seems like it's all about inclusion.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 06:38 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Remember when it was all about being yourself and embracing what makes you unique?  Now it seems like it's all about inclusion.

Maybe people are more inclusive now and being inclusive is just "being yourself."  Cosmic, man!
Reply/Quote