Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What non-Burrow, non-oline discussion will you be HAPPY to have week 8 next year?
Every year has a narrative. 2 years ago it was o line. Last year it was the line again. And we all hate constantly talking about the o line.

So what narrative will dominate the board by week 8?

In a perfect world we are talking about Burrow chasing Peyton’s single season TD record, we’re sitting at like 7-1 and we are the class of the AFC.

Worst case we are STILL harping in the o line.

To answer my own question i think the narrative id be most happy to be a thing, week 8 is how we are gonna find minutes for Myles Murphy because he’s playing so good.

We used a 1 rounder on him so fair or not that comes with expectation. I would be giddy to be discussing how we may have to take Hubbard out because Murphy is just doing so well
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 10:59 AM)Housh Wrote: Every year has a narrative. 2 years ago it was o line. Last year it was the line again. And we all hate constantly talking about the o line.

So what narrative will dominate the board by week 8?

In a perfect world we are talking about Burrow chasing Peyton’s single season TD record, we’re sitting at like 7-1 and we are the class of the AFC.

Worst case we are STILL harping in the o line.

To answer my own question i think the narrative id be most happy to be a thing, week 8 is how we are gonna find minutes for Myles Murphy because he’s playing so good.

We used a 1 rounder on him so fair or not that comes with expectation. I would be giddy to be discussing how we may have to take Hubbard out because Murphy is just doing so well

Interesting idea for a thread!

#1 No major injuries

#2 Jonah's development and happiness at RT - leading to a possible long term solution

#3 Rookie development
Reply/Quote
The conversation that I hope we're having will have a topic something along the lines of "Wow, that retooled secondary looks like they've been playing together for years!".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The conversation that I hope we're having will have a topic something along the lines of "Wow, that retooled secondary looks like they've been playing together for years!".

This. On paper going in, this is the biggest question mark regarding the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Whispers of an undefeated season will start.......
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The conversation that I hope we're having will have a topic something along the lines of "Wow, that retooled secondary looks like they've been playing together for years!".

Posted this before in wrong thread but love the motto Nick Scott has according to Battle.

The WR can keep the ball or his mouthpiece, but never both. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Chase Brown is on his way to winning Offensive ROY.
Reply/Quote
Can Scooter keep his "Haven't Missed A FG" streak going all season long...
Reply/Quote
How well Dax Hill is doing at FS.
That's my hope anyway :)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
 Are you still beating your wife, Zac?  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The 3 non-Burrow and O-Line headlines I hope to see at week 8 are:

1. Joe Mixon is living up to his reworked contract and averaging 5 YPC

2. Making the Leap: Zach Carter is providing excellent interior pash rush in rotation with BJ Hill

3. New starting Safety duo Dax Hill and [Insert Name] got up to speed quick and are already at the level of Bates and Bell

Bonus Headline:
4. Irv Smith is injury free and living up to his pre-draft and early career potential
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:11 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: The 3 non-Burrow and O-Line headlines I hope to see at week 8 are:

1. Joe Mixon is living up to his reworked contract and averaging 5 YPC

2. Making the Leap: Zach Carter is providing excellent interior pash rush in rotation with BJ Hill

3. New starting Safety duo Dax Hill and [Insert Name] got up to speed quick and are already at the level of Bates and Bell

Bonus Headline:
4. Irv Smith is injury free and living up to his pre-draft and early career potential

This was my 2nd pick

Something like "Should we consider paying Irv long term' because hes doing so well, surprisingly. I dont think anyone is calling pro bowl from him so him being really really good would be hell for the league. 
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:38 PM)Housh Wrote: This was my 2nd pick

Something like "Should we consider paying Irv long term' because hes doing so well, surprisingly. I dont think anyone is calling pro bowl from him so him being really really good would be hell for the league. 

Agreed. I really want Irv to stay healthy and do well.

But thinking ahead I would like the Bengals to draft a TE in the first 3 rounds next year, so we have stability at the position with a player that can start for 4 years on a cheap rookie contract, so we're not having to continue this trend of one year rentals.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Chase Brown is on his way to winning Offensive ROY.

Beat me to it.
Reply/Quote
Squeelers, Stains and Rat birds all tied for last place in the AFC! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
How well the safeties are playing.

and that the Bengals now feature the best kicking tandem in the league in McPherson and Robbins.

and that the Bengals slayed the draft and most all are contributing to the teams success with the WR's chipping in and Myles Murphy looking like a stud pass rusher.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals are selling playoff tickets by then. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We'll all be talking about how fast our defensive backfield is and we'll be looking for that perfect nickname for the group.
Reply/Quote
Jessie and Vonn who?
Myles being the steal of the draft
Reply/Quote
Our star rookie receivers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote