Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What other FA WR could we get?
(03-20-2021, 12:50 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I wonder how much speed DeSean Jackson has left? He's been a bum for a while too so I'm assuming not much.

To many guys like him in the draft this year to waste any kinda salary cap space on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:52 AM)pulses Wrote: To many guys like him in the draft this year to waste any kinda salary cap space on him.

Nah an old speedy guy that hasn't produced in years and couldn't stay healthy when he was actually decent. THat's why I didn't bother putting him on the list.

I kind of like Sammy Watkins. Has talent out the ass, but hasn't been the biggest productive guy which is why I wonder if he would come on the more affordable side of things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Nah an old speedy guy that hasn't produced in years and couldn't stay healthy when he was actually decent. THat's why I didn't bother putting him on the list.

I kind of like Sammy Watkins. Has talent out the ass, but hasn't been the biggest productive guy which is why I wonder if he would come on the more affordable side of things.

Possibly but he just can't stay healthy. He would have to be cheaper than guys like Reynolds or I wouldn't be interested.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Nah an old speedy guy that hasn't produced in years and couldn't stay healthy when he was actually decent. THat's why I didn't bother putting him on the list.

Give me this guy in the 4th or 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=its_BX11eag
Reply/Quote
Have Higgins pull the Clemson card on Watkins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Have Higgins pull the Clemson card on Watkins

Or Joe take him to this apparently fancy steak house in the city. Or both of them take him there.
Reply/Quote
One thing Watkins can look at.

He's got his ring, does he want another one absolutely immediately? If no then you probably want to make money right?

Okay so then you want 2 things. A good QB and a team where you know you're going to get targets. I think we at the very least offer him those 2 things. That way he can be in the best position to put up stats so he can make more money.

Of course coming here hinges on no one else already wanting to pay him big money.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Reynolds has one 40 yard catch in 4 years in the league.  He's no deep threat.

He averaged 14.7 yards per a catch between 2018 &2019 he might not be Randy Moss but he has shown he can be a deep threat. 14 out of his 50  catches during that time went for over 20 yards as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:55 AM)J24 Wrote: He averaged 14.7 yards per a catch between 2018 &2019 he might not be Randy Moss but he has shown he can be a deep threat. 14 out of his 50  catches during that time went for over 20 yards as well.

It's true that Reynolds doesn't "stretch the field", as he's typically the underneath or mid-range receiver in LA's 3 tier system.  However, he does have an inane ability to seemingly always be open, and does a fantastic job of getting YAC.

I think that he'd be a valuable addition to the team, as he can line up in either the Y or Z position and do what he does best.  Move the chains.  Adding Reynolds wouldn't solve or complete the Bengals receiving corps, but he would add proven quality to the roster and narrow the search for an outside burner in the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 09:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's true that Reynolds doesn't "stretch the field", as he's typically the underneath or mid-range receiver in LA's 3 tier system.  However, he does have an inane ability to seemingly always be open, and does a fantastic job of getting YAC.

I think that he'd be a valuable addition to the team, as he can line up in either the Y or Z position and do what he does best.  Move the chains.  Adding Reynolds wouldn't solve or complete the Bengals receiving corps, but he would add proven quality to the roster and narrow the search for an outside burner in the draft.
He's a good player
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Allen Robinson.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 08:11 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Allen Robinson.

He signed his franchise tag. So unless da bears rescind the tag, and I don’t think they can since he signed it, he’s not going any where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'd like them to sign Reynolds..... He might not be a burner, but he gets open in the range that seems to be Burrow's wheelhouse.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:23 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: One thing Watkins can look at.

He's got his ring, does he want another one absolutely immediately? If no then you probably want to make money right?

Okay so then you want 2 things. A good QB and a team where you know you're going to get targets. I think we at the very least offer him those 2 things. That way he can be in the best position to put up stats so he can make more money.

Of course coming here hinges on no one else already wanting to pay him big money.

Watkins is a perfect complimentary receiver for Burrow. Durability was an issue last season. However, the previous season he found some success with Mahomes. 

We're going to get a very good WR in rds 1-3,  in this draft as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 12:22 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Watkins is a perfect complimentary receiver for Burrow. Durability was an issue last season. However, the previous season he found some success with Mahomes. 

We're going to get a very good WR in rds 1-3,  in this draft as well.

I like the idea of Watkins and he would bring that stretch the field element the team lacks....not sure what his $ cap hit would be and also, figuring in Joe Burrow needs to show more aptitude on throwing the deep balls...he may want to go were a QB has that rocket arm/accuracy ability....IMO 
Reply/Quote
Watkins has always had issues with durability. You can’t trust him
Reply/Quote
Chris Conley.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Are any of these free agent WRs even on their radar or was the whole "Golladay thing" only because he approached them?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 03:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Are any of these free agent WRs even on their radar or was the whole "Golladay thing" only because he approached them?

We have no way of knowing.

Lot's of people claimed we were completely ignoring the O-line but now it is clear we were not.

I have always thought we would sign a decent (not star, not scrub) WR in free agency.  Compared to other positions it seems like decent WRs are not as expensive.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have no way of knowing.

Lot's of people claimed we were completely ignoring the O-line but now it is clear we were not.

I have always thought we would sign a decent (not star, not scrub) WR in free agency.  Compared to other positions it seems like decent WRs are not as expensive.

How is it clear? We signed reiff and cut hart. That’s a good a move. But that’s 1 move. We have supposedly reached out to turner. We have not addressed the interior of the line which is our biggest need unless I have missed something recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote