Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What other FA WR could we get?
(03-21-2021, 03:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: How is it clear?  We signed reiff and cut hart.  That’s a good a move.  But that’s 1 move.  We have supposedly reached out to turner.  We have not addressed the interior of the line which is our biggest need unless I have missed something recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question was not about completing the deals.

The question was about the Bengals contacting free agents and trying to make deals.  And a lot of people said that the front office was not even trying to fix the o-line until we signed Reiff.  And that proved we had been trying.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The question was not about completing the deals.

The question was about the Bengals contacting free agents and trying to make deals.  And a lot of people said that the front office was not even trying to fix the o-line until we signed Reiff.  And that proved we had been trying.

They signed reiff on Friday. I think it was later that day it was mentioned that they had reached out to turner. 5 days after after the legal tampering period started they signed 1 guy and reportedly contacted another. That is hardly stellar effort given the gaping holes we have on the interior ol. They have yet to address the biggest hole they have.

And don’t take this the wrong way. I’m am generally pleased with what they have done so far. But they have work to do on the iol.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Chris Conley.

Yeah, Conley is one of the 2 guys still out there that I think really meets what they're looking for, along with Kenny Stills. Both can play outside and get down the field. Both guys are also under the age of 30, and both have a 60% catch rate for their career.

IMO, Stills is the more explosive of the 2, having averaged over 14 ypc in 7 of his 8 years...but either guy would be a damn good addition to the receiving corps and provide Burrow with a legit deep threat...and at a very affordable price tag.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, Conley is one of the 2 guys still out there that I think really meets what they're looking for, along with Kenny Stills. Both can play outside and get down the field. Both guys are also under the age of 30, and both have a 60% catch rate for their career.

IMO, Stills is the more explosive of the 2, having averaged over 14 ypc in 7 of his 8 years...but either guy would be a damn good addition to the receiving corps and provide Burrow with a legit deep threat...and at a very affordable price tag.

Always liked Kenny Stills, very underrated IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, Conley is one of the 2 guys still out there that I think really meets what they're looking for, along with Kenny Stills. Both can play outside and get down the field. Both guys are also under the age of 30, and both have a 60% catch rate for their career.

OOoh I didn't see Kenny Stills name or I just glossed over it. I also agree on him. Obviously I'm going to like Chris Conley.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:52 AM)pulses Wrote: To many guys like him in the draft this year to waste any kinda salary cap space on him.

The Rams picked him up, I knew he had something left in the tank Tongue 

Still though I'm surprised he was signed this early with some younger guys still out there (unless it was a cheap deal and Jackson knew he wouldn't get much better)
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 11:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The Rams picked him up, I knew he had something left in the tank Tongue 

Still though I'm surprised he was signed this early with some younger guys still out there (unless it was a cheap deal and Jackson knew he wouldn't get much better)

He gets to play for a playoff team with a good QB it was a win/win for him.
Reply/Quote
Idk but what i wanna know is .. How many of our new signings get injured before the season starts? I bet all of them.
Reply/Quote

I was intrigued on Kenny stills ,went and watched his YouTube highlights,seems decent. But then comments scared me away. He dropped 3 game winning td's and had a fumble also.  I like Conley better. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:58 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I was intrigued on Kenny stills ,went and watched his YouTube highlights,seems decent. But then comments scared me away. He dropped 3 game winning td's and had a fumble also.  I like Conley better. 

I can't remember but wasn't Conley like 1 yard away either from the National or SEC Championship against Alabama? Might have been a different Georgia receiver, but I feel like it was him. But at least that guy caught the ball I reckon. He just didn't get that extra yard in.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 05:25 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I can't remember but wasn't Conley like 1 yard away either from the National or SEC Championship against Alabama? Might have been a different Georgia receiver, but I feel like it was him. But at least that guy caught the ball I reckon. He just didn't get that extra yard in.

I have no idea
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 08:12 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They signed reiff on Friday.  I think it was later that day it was mentioned that they had reached out to turner.  5 days after after the legal tampering period started they signed 1 guy and reportedly contacted another.  That is hardly stellar effort given the gaping holes we have on the interior ol.  They have yet to address the biggest hole they have.

And don’t take this the wrong way.  I’m am generally pleased with what they have done so far.  But they have work to do on the iol.

We have no idea how many free agents they have been in negotiations with or made offers to.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have no idea how many free agents they have been in negotiations with or made offers to.

Well their abundance of effort, or lack thereof, has resulted in jack squat production of addressing their biggest need thus far

Reply/Quote

I thought for sure Kenny Stills was like 32 or something, as it feels like he's been in the league for a decade.
Apparently, he's only about to turn 29, so he had only just turned 21 when he entered the league.
I'd be willing to take a gamble on Stills on the cheap and draft a mid-round WR to groom behind him for a year or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He is not a FA, but I think Ertz helps Burrow is best option for Burrow. He can block, he get open within 2 seconds and he will also help Mixon and our running game. Burrow showed great accuracy within 25 yards, a great catching TE only helps him.

As far a FA, if you want someone inexpensive and extremely fast to take the lid off the secondary, I like Conley.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Reynolds to the titans

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 08:12 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They signed reiff on Friday.  I think it was later that day it was mentioned that they had reached out to turner.  5 days after after the legal tampering period started they signed 1 guy and reportedly contacted another.  That is hardly stellar effort given the gaping holes we have on the interior ol.  They have yet to address the biggest hole they have.

And don’t take this the wrong way.  I’m am generally pleased with what they have done so far.  But they have work to do on the iol.

What is source to know the Bengals only contacted 2 OL thus far? The Bengals never say anything, so I am curious how you can say with 100% certainty Bengals have only reached out to 2 OL players.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 10:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What is source to know the Bengals only contacted 2 OL thus far? The Bengals never say anything, so I am curious how you can say with 100% certainty Bengals have only reached out to 2 OL players.

I didn’t say with 100% certainty. I only said what’s been reported. From what I have seen and heard, they “lowballed” thuney and have “reached out” to turner. That’s all I have seen them linked too.

I hope by this point they’ve looked at most, if not all of the free agent iol options out there and eliminated the ones that don’t fit or are too much of an injury risk.

Can anyone really feel confident in the iol at this point? Even if you draft 2 with the first two picks is that how you want the franchise qb coming back from major knee surgery to be protected? I don’t.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 10:49 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I didn’t say with 100% certainty.  I only said what’s been reported.  From what I have seen and heard, they “lowballed” thuney and have “reached out” to turner.  That’s all I have seen them linked too.

I hope by this point they’ve looked at most, if not all of the free agent iol options out there and eliminated the ones that don’t fit or are too much of an injury risk.  

Can anyone really feel confident in the iol at this point?  Even if you draft 2 with the first two picks is that how you want the franchise qb coming back from major knee surgery to be protected?  I don’t.

I also read that we offered Zielter. Take it for what its worth. I think it was on cincyjungle or bengalswire. They are also reporting that we tried to sign DT Rankins. 
Reply/Quote
Perriman to DET on a 1 year 2.5 deal. I actually thought he'd be a decent deep threat vet option.
Reply/Quote