Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What other FA WR could we get?
Conley comes off the board to the Texans and the pool is getting thin.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Conley comes off the board to the Texans and the pool is getting thin.

I'd say its it's pretty much done. TY Hilton but he isnt the vertical threat he used to be...Damiere Byrd is a very short quick receiver but to me he doesnt fit the type the Bengals like and Burrows jump ball guys.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:08 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd say its it's pretty much done. TY Hilton but he isnt the vertical threat he used to be...Damiere Byrd is a very short quick receiver but to me he doesnt fit the type the Bengals like and Burrows jump ball guys.

Watkins still has value to me if the plan is still to take one relatively high if the board falls right.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Watkins still has value to me if the plan is still to take one relatively high if the board falls right.

I keep forgetting about Sammy Watkins. The name I want them to look at the most is Aldon Smith. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I keep forgetting about Sammy Watkins. The name I want them to look at the most is Aldon Smith. 

I agree. Smith in a rotation could add a lot of value while not killing Hubbards value completley. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I agree. Smith in a rotation could add a lot of value while not killing Hubbards value completley. 

It would allow Hubbard to rush from the interior like 2019 when he had his best year as a pass rusher.

Reply/Quote
Sammy Watkins is visiting Baltimore

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We lost 3 receivers,are they going to draft 3 receivers dang
Reply/Quote
Watson is the brilliant pickup Baltimore is known for snagging in Free Agency.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Watson is the brilliant pickup Baltimore is known for snagging in Free Agency.

It’s not like Watkins was tearing it up in potent chiefs offense. Now he’s possibly visiting a run first team and you think that move is brilliant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Let's see if they sign a guy like Thomas.

Not much faith for offensive weapons in Free Agency as usual.

If Boyd or Higgins goes down this team's receiving falls off a cliff.

It's not like they have good reliable TEs to bail them out either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Watkins is heading to indianapolis next but the Ravens restructured some contracts today to free up cap space

Reply/Quote
Why not take a flier on someone like Cordarrelle Patterson? Does he still return punts? Antonio Brown? Treadwell? Goodwin?Gordon? Lots of low price, high reward WRs available to fill out the group.
Reply/Quote
Give me Hilton or Watkins in that order. Not sure there’s much else out there to get excited about after them. Either of those two would be a nice 3rd piece for this offense
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 07:33 PM)pally Wrote: Watkins is heading to indianapolis next but the Ravens restructured some contracts today to free up cap space

I read that he may very well be a Raven soon. TY Hilton anyone?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 01:06 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why not take a flier on someone like Cordarrelle Patterson?

If anyone watches Cordarrelle Patterson run with the ball in the open field they will usually think he could be a star in the NFL.  It seems like with his vision, balance, size, and speed he could be a dangerous offensive weapon just running screens and jet sweeps.  But it has never worked out yet.

Patterson holds the NFL career record for kickoff return tds (8) and his career average (29.8) is second only to Gayle Sayers (30.6).  That is pretty amazing for a guy who weighs over 230 lbs. But for some reason he has never been a big offensive weapon.  He had 469 receiving yards his rookie season, but that is his career high.  In the 7 seasons since then he has averaged 24 catches for 231 yards. 

The Bears used him more as a RB last year (64 carries) and the one year he played for the Patriots he had twice as many carries (42) as he did receptions (21).  So there are lots of ways to get the ball in his hands.

I watched Patterson play for Tennessee in college.  He is a freak talent.  I have always been expecting him to have a big breakout offensive season, but after 8 years with 4 different teams I don't think it is going to happen.  However I would still love to have him in stripes as a #3 WR and kick returner.
Reply/Quote
T.Y. Hilton is re-signing with the Colts. 1 year $10 million, $8 million GTD

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: T.Y. Hilton is re-signing with the Colts. 1 year $10 million, $8 million GTD

Thanks but no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: T.Y. Hilton is re-signing with the Colts.  1 year $10 million, $8 million GTD

wow, I know bengals werent in that zip code
Reply/Quote